Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
Proof That the Government Is Lying About Unemployment EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
Proof That the Government Is Lying About Unemployment EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
Proof That the Government Is Lying About Unemployment EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
Proof That the Government Is Lying About Unemployment EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
Proof That the Government Is Lying About Unemployment EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
Proof That the Government Is Lying About Unemployment EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
Proof That the Government Is Lying About Unemployment EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
Proof That the Government Is Lying About Unemployment EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
Proof That the Government Is Lying About Unemployment EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
Proof That the Government Is Lying About Unemployment EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
Proof That the Government Is Lying About Unemployment EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
Proof That the Government Is Lying About Unemployment EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
Proof That the Government Is Lying About Unemployment EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
Proof That the Government Is Lying About Unemployment EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
Proof That the Government Is Lying About Unemployment EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
July 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Proof That the Government Is Lying About Unemployment

+3
Marian
tristen303
SteveR
7 posters

Go down

Proof That the Government Is Lying About Unemployment Empty Proof That the Government Is Lying About Unemployment

Post by SteveR Wed Mar 14, 2012 4:42 pm

Using its own data, here's proof that the government is lying to us:

"As we will explore herein, a detailed look at the government's own data base shows that about 9 million people without jobs have been removed from the labor force simply by the government defining them as not being in the labor force anymore. Indeed - effectively all of the decreases in unemployment rate percentages since 2009 have come not from new jobs, but through reducing the workforce participation rate so that millions of jobless people are removed from the labor force by definition."

Full article:
http://danielamerman.com/articles/2012/WorkC.html

SteveR

Back to top Go down

Proof That the Government Is Lying About Unemployment Empty Re: Proof That the Government Is Lying About Unemployment

Post by tristen303 Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:43 pm

Of course the Obama admin and Dems (through their media surrogates) are lying about that and everything else; if the Dems and him ran on their real record none of them would win anything except retirement.

tristen303

Back to top Go down

Proof That the Government Is Lying About Unemployment Empty Re: Proof That the Government Is Lying About Unemployment

Post by Marian Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:48 pm

All of them are lying--Republicans and Democrats because it's an election year... The people obviously don't matter as much as it does to get elected... Sick!
Marian
Marian

Back to top Go down

Post by SteveR Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:05 pm

This particular brand of lying has been going on since the Clinton administration and is therefore quite bipartisan. The true unemployment rate is around 23% (see http://www.shadowstats.com/alternate_data/unemployment-charts).

The truth is that positions of power attract sociopaths - displaying the worst traits that humanity has to offer. Personally, I don't see how a person can support the Republicans and not recognize them as the scumbags that they really are. Furthermore, I don't see how a person can support the Democrats and not recognize them as the scumbags that they really are.

SteveR

Back to top Go down

Post by RookieCAF Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:32 am

I never figure the Gub'ment is telling the truth.
RookieCAF
RookieCAF

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 15, 2012 8:15 pm

SteveR wrote:This particular brand of lying has been going on since the Clinton administration and is therefore quite bipartisan. The true unemployment rate is around 23% (see http://www.shadowstats.com/alternate_data/unemployment-charts).

The truth is that positions of power attract sociopaths - displaying the worst traits that humanity has to offer. Personally, I don't see how a person can support the Republicans and not recognize them as the scumbags that they really are. Furthermore, I don't see how a person can support the Democrats and not recognize them as the scumbags that they really are.

You are so right, they are sociopaths...and to think we put them where they are today, pretty scary

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:19 pm

SteveR, thanks for posting that link! Its explained perfectly IMO

Back to top Go down

Post by tristen303 Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:35 pm

Clinton learned that math from Reagan when he too "turned" the UE problem around. It's funny that people don't notice the Repubs not pointing it out or bitching about it. They know that they will have to use that fuzzy math in the future too for their benefit so I guess when all their jobs are on the line not counting is good.

tristen303

Back to top Go down

Post by SteveR Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:42 pm

I forgot to mention that the author of the article, Dan Amerman, is as good as they get. I've personally spent probably more than 60 hours reading his articles and watching his videos, and I haven't found anything that I disagreed with. He's a very smart man of high character - he's one of the good guys.

Unfortunately, pretty much all of his conclusions are quite grim - but I prefer the hard truth over the lies of politicians.

SteveR

Back to top Go down

Post by ranbrow123 Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:05 pm

SteveR wrote:The truth is that positions of power attract sociopaths - displaying the worst traits that humanity has to offer.

I don't think anyone disagrees that the two-party system in this country is pretty broken, but let's spice up this discussion a bit:

CEO is a position of power. Do you think that position attracts a lot of sociopaths, too? I'm curious what everyone's opinion is.

ranbrow123

Back to top Go down

Post by SteveR Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:30 pm

Yes, I do think the CEO positions of large companies attract sociopaths, especially in the finance sector.

I think there are fewer sociopaths in corporations than in government. Some corporate CEOs are just insanely talented people who grew the company from nothing to something great (Richard Branson comes to mind). But government is raw, pure power, backed with the legal use of force - absolute heaven for a sociopath.

I also think that religion has that same allure, as exemplified by televangelists and some of the nastier popes from history.

But as I tell my kids, 99% of people are good people who just want to live their lives, just like you and me.

The sociopaths will always be among us - the key is to have an educated, alert population that keeps them in check. The people of Panama come to mind, having lived through the Noriega years. The US? Well, I'll let you know once American Idol is over.

SteveR

Back to top Go down

Post by tristen303 Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:59 am

ranbrow123 wrote:
SteveR wrote:The truth is that positions of power attract sociopaths - displaying the worst traits that humanity has to offer.

I don't think anyone disagrees that the two-party system in this country is pretty broken, but let's spice up this discussion a bit:

CEO is a position of power. Do you think that position attracts a lot of sociopaths, too? I'm curious what everyone's opinion is.

What's really freaky are all the executive resignations coming from the financial sector (as well as from publicly traded companies), it’s the highest rate ever…..very alarming.

tristen303

Back to top Go down

Post by wausauguy Mon Mar 19, 2012 3:03 pm

Thanks for sharing this. I go from feeling a little comforted because it proves I have been hitting a brick wall and it is not my fault, but it also leaves me feeling doomed.

With all the media, with all the quick communications, it amazes me that one has to dig to find this true unemployment data. Have we all become sheep, following what the leaders say.

Here in Wisconsin all I can do is shake my head. We will spend MILLIONS recalling the governor and many other positions. But, then what happens. There is this fantasyland idea that things will all be good. Things are broken.

I am being told that maybe I should consider getting training in something different, I already have training in accounting (which they claim is a field with jobs) but that I should go for manufacturing training. Ok, so then I run into people let go from manufacturing being told to go into accounting.

I keep applying for jobs, but applying does take time, and wears on a person. And it does not pay bills.

I fear what will happen next is huge property tax increases which are already too high.

I pray that someone cares in powerful positions and helps somehow...

wausauguy

Back to top Go down

Post by americatheneedy Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:10 pm

There are so many people with these so-called "in demand skills" that can't even get an interview, it makes me laugh to hear someone tell me to go back to school. They needed teachers, so I went and got licensed, guess what?? Lay offs. Go back to school??? So I can have more damn loans I can' pay.. not until I KNOW they're jobs out there.
americatheneedy
americatheneedy

Back to top Go down

Post by americatheneedy Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:11 pm

Sorry, my t is sticking ...before some smartass gets on here and tells me I was a bad teacher because I make typos...
americatheneedy
americatheneedy

Back to top Go down

Post by wausauguy Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:48 pm

americatheneedy... I do think most people will not attack you for a missing t. I understand what you meant and I am sure everyone else did too.

Take Care

J

wausauguy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down