Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
Confused on Letter I received from Illinois EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
Confused on Letter I received from Illinois EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
Confused on Letter I received from Illinois EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
Confused on Letter I received from Illinois EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
Confused on Letter I received from Illinois EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
Confused on Letter I received from Illinois EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
Confused on Letter I received from Illinois EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
Confused on Letter I received from Illinois EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
Confused on Letter I received from Illinois EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
Confused on Letter I received from Illinois EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
Confused on Letter I received from Illinois EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
Confused on Letter I received from Illinois EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
Confused on Letter I received from Illinois EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
Confused on Letter I received from Illinois EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
Confused on Letter I received from Illinois EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Confused on Letter I received from Illinois

2 posters

Go down

Confused on Letter I received from Illinois Empty Confused on Letter I received from Illinois

Post by EddieK Mon Feb 28, 2011 3:55 pm

So I'm in my first week of EB and today I receive in the email a notice of an interview scheduled for 3/8.

In the letter it states that I should be ready to discuss my seperation from a company that I worked for before I went to the company I was let go from and of which I'm collecting unemployment for....

So it goes like this company A is who I am to discuss my seperation, I had a different company (B) and then the eventual company company C of which I was laid off from and of which I started collecting unemployment back in 2009.

What does this mean? WHy are they questioning me on a company I am not even collecting on?

I'm so concerned that I'm going to somehow lose benefits and be expected to pay back all the 70+weeks I collected in the meantime because IDES has no idea what they are doing.

BTW...I'm so glad this forum is back up Smile

EddieK

Back to top Go down

Confused on Letter I received from Illinois Empty Re: Confused on Letter I received from Illinois

Post by Guest Mon Feb 28, 2011 4:11 pm

Eddie, I don't think you have anything to worry about. This sounds like a routine audit.

People are chosen randomly for these audits. If company A is not the employer who is being "charged" (as far as experience rating for their SUTA) it doesn't matter why you left.

I am sure everything is alright, your name, unfortunately, was just pulled out of a hat for an audit. All states do this. It keeps state workers employed. Mad

Back to top Go down

Confused on Letter I received from Illinois Empty Re: Confused on Letter I received from Illinois

Post by EddieK Mon Feb 28, 2011 4:14 pm

DesperateInRI wrote:Eddie, I don't think you have anything to worry about. This sounds like a routine audit.

People are chosen randomly for these audits. If company A is not the employer who is being "charged" (as far as experience rating for their SUTA) it doesn't matter why you left.

I am sure everything is alright, your name, unfortunately, was just pulled out of a hat for an audit. All states do this. It keeps state workers employed. Mad

Okay, that makes me feel a little better. I was extremely curious as to why it would take them 70+ weeks to bring up a question for that. Is it because that was the company that is last on my quarterly earnings? And the date they show for this is when I was moved into the EB tier?

EddieK

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 28, 2011 4:20 pm

Yes, that could be why. Also, fyi, people on EB are more likely to be called in for a routine audit than those on regular ui or any of the Federal tiers. You are okay!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 28, 2011 4:21 pm

Eddie, what you need to realize is that if you worked for the company, by which you are being audited for, the unemployment agency audits you for all of the companies you worked for. I'm not sure, but, it may very well be that your unemployment benefits were factored in from all of the companies you worked for during that year.

Back to top Go down

Post by EddieK Mon Feb 28, 2011 4:24 pm

So how should I answer the question of my seperation from the company? I'm right in thinking that since they aren't the last company I worked for that they aren't being charged for the unemployment, right?

Sorry for all the questions but it's just a scary time when you get a letter like that and have had any issues that really tripped me up before.

EddieK

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 28, 2011 4:29 pm

Be truthful. If they are using only one quarter of your earnings, then they are not basing your unemployment decision on that company. They wouldn't have wait this long to question it either. If there was an issue, it would have popped up when you first started collecting.

Routine audit, that is all. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Back to top Go down

Post by EddieK Mon Feb 28, 2011 4:32 pm

Thanks so much! I tell you I've missed this forum so much and I'm so glad I found it doing a search Smile

I was nervous filling out my job work search this week and I certainly hope I did it right....I just put the 10 jobs I applied to during the 2 weeks on seperate days and I'm sure that's what they want Smile

EddieK

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 28, 2011 4:41 pm

Eddie, just answer it honestly.

Back to top Go down

Post by EddieK Mon Feb 28, 2011 4:43 pm

kemcha wrote:Eddie, just answer it honestly.

So say "I left for a different company"

EddieK

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 28, 2011 4:44 pm

EddieK wrote:
kemcha wrote:Eddie, just answer it honestly.

So say "I left for a different company"

Yes, there is nothing wrong with leaving a job for an opportunity with another company!

Back to top Go down

Post by EddieK Mon Feb 28, 2011 4:46 pm

Should I ask them why this is being brought up? Or no?

EddieK

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 28, 2011 4:49 pm

No. Just go and answer their questions. I'm sure they are routine, run of the mill questions and you will be out of there in 5 minutes.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 28, 2011 4:55 pm

I would, if I were you. It is a legitimate question ... they should be able to answer you but phrase it in a nice way. You'll get a better response. Remember, they hold the fate of your unemployment in their hands and while they couldn't halt your unemployment, they could close the process of your checks up just to make it inconvenient for you.

I always talk to them in a nice manner, that way, I get better cooperation from them. I acted the same way when applying for my food stamp benefits. Just be nice and be honest about it.

I have to recertify for food stamps and I'm hoping to get my benefits renewed.

Back to top Go down

Post by EddieK Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:41 pm

Okay so I just got off the phone. I guess the company that was on the letter was trying to challenge it (2 years later almost to the date that I worked for them and left) and all I have to do is provide a W2 from a company after them and I'm all good....Ridiculous. She did only give me till 9 AM CST to find it and since it's probably in a box somewhere I best be looking.

What low lifes of a company 2 years later tries to protest something.

EddieK

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:52 pm

EddieK wrote:Okay so I just got off the phone. I guess the company that was on the letter was trying to challenge it (2 years later almost to the date that I worked for them and left) and all I have to do is provide a W2 from a company after them and I'm all good....Ridiculous. She did only give me till 9 AM CST to find it and since it's probably in a box somewhere I best be looking.

What low lifes of a company 2 years later tries to protest something.

Hope you find it Eddie! That is an example of how the rich get richer. Look everywhere to save penny! Good luck and thanks for the update. Everything will work out.

Back to top Go down

Post by EddieK Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:56 pm

Found it! I actually had it in a file folder that was easily accessible Smile Unreal that I had it!

She was shocked when I told her the year of them and she was like "This has to be a mistake that it took them 2 years"

EddieK

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:55 pm

Wow, I'm glad for you Eddie! I find that having gone through this mess we're in, that I get frantic until I find what I discover missing. Of course I'm a bachelor and I usually have to just pick up stuff to find the floor.

Great news! I'm sure you're so relieved.

X

Back to top Go down

Post by lendmeflight2 Tue Mar 08, 2011 7:33 pm

It's things like this that terrify me. I just called to apply for Eb today and afterward the guy said "It may not work". What does that mean? He said that I may or may not be approved. I have no reason not to be but now I will be terrified until I check my account tomorrow.
lendmeflight2
lendmeflight2

Back to top Go down

Post by EddieK Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:36 pm

Call me a worry wart but I hate not knowing that she rec'd my email with the scanned image of my W-2. I emailed her telling her to confirm she rec'd it and I sent this about 2:30 yesterday afternoon. Didn't hear anything and I sent her a follow up email today as well as a voicemail.

Should I call again?

EddieK

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:40 pm

Yes, I would definitely do that. Keep copies of your emails and note the time of your phone calls.

I'm sure there isn't any problem, but to be on the safe side, I would follow up. Good Luck!

Back to top Go down

Post by EddieK Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:41 pm

DesperateInRI wrote:Yes, I would definitely do that. Keep copies of your emails and note the time of your phone calls.

I'm sure there isn't any problem, but to be on the safe side, I would follow up. Good Luck!

Just did her VM indicates that she has interviews throughout the day. A simple follow up email to say "Yes I got it and everything is okay" is all I'm asking for.

EddieK

Back to top Go down

Post by EddieK Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:15 pm

Okay she emailed me back saying "I rec'd it and thanks". My question is this...Is she the person who decides my fate? How quickly will I know that I'm approved or denied?

EddieK

Back to top Go down

Post by lendmeflight2 Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:53 pm

I think that she will be the one who decides. From what you posted before it sounds like you only need to prove that you earned benefits from a different company which your w2 will do. Your previous employer isn't fighting it so you should be fine.
lendmeflight2
lendmeflight2

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down