Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
Interesting Article about the Extension of Benefits EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
Interesting Article about the Extension of Benefits EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
Interesting Article about the Extension of Benefits EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
Interesting Article about the Extension of Benefits EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
Interesting Article about the Extension of Benefits EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
Interesting Article about the Extension of Benefits EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
Interesting Article about the Extension of Benefits EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
Interesting Article about the Extension of Benefits EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
Interesting Article about the Extension of Benefits EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
Interesting Article about the Extension of Benefits EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
Interesting Article about the Extension of Benefits EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
Interesting Article about the Extension of Benefits EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
Interesting Article about the Extension of Benefits EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
Interesting Article about the Extension of Benefits EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
Interesting Article about the Extension of Benefits EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
September 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Interesting Article about the Extension of Benefits

+3
Sammy
sportsnut
Marian
7 posters

Go down

Interesting Article about the Extension of Benefits Empty Interesting Article about the Extension of Benefits

Post by Marian Wed Nov 30, 2011 6:48 pm

Marian
Marian

Back to top Go down

Interesting Article about the Extension of Benefits Empty Re: Interesting Article about the Extension of Benefits

Post by sportsnut Wed Nov 30, 2011 7:01 pm

Good article with a positive tone to it! Love the part where Gingrich says people shouldn't get money for doing nothing! Isn't that what every member of Congress does?

sportsnut

Back to top Go down

Interesting Article about the Extension of Benefits Empty Re: Interesting Article about the Extension of Benefits

Post by Sammy Wed Nov 30, 2011 7:15 pm

If they put together a package with UI Extensions, Payroll Tax Cut, and The Doc.fix rolled together it will likely pass. It's how it is offset is where the problem lies. Putting a surtax on Millionaires will never fly with the Repugs. There will be alot of "gum flapping" in the coming weeks......I hope they come to a common ground.

Newt is an A$$ hole, btw!!!
Sammy
Sammy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 30, 2011 7:21 pm

Arthur Delaney has been an advocate for the 99ers since this all started. I urge anyone who hasn't to send him your story. Funnier than Gingrich is Hatch, now all of a sudden he's human. I guess he's been reading his reviews.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 30, 2011 7:23 pm

Sammy wrote:If they put together a package with UI Extensions, Payroll Tax Cut, and The Doc.fix rolled together it will likely pass. It's how it is offset is where the problem lies. Putting a surtax on Millionaires will never fly with the Repugs. There will be alot of "gum flapping" in the coming weeks......I hope they come to a common ground.

Newt is an A$$ hole, btw!!!

They just need this to include HR589. and couldn't agree more on Newtie. Mr. Sanctimonius. (cue the eyeroll)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sammy Wed Nov 30, 2011 7:37 pm

Yes MK.........They need to include HR589.

Besides that Newt Vid, the article did hint an inkling of optimism.
Sammy
Sammy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 30, 2011 7:45 pm

They have been saying all day that it was looking positive. (except for Newt). I am praying and hoping for all of us that this year it works out.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sammy Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:00 pm

What torques me is that The Dems left all the 20 Repugs job's bills to just sit and collect dust, although I don't agree with them, they should have at least brought them up for vote. This is what is pissing off The Repugs and hinders the chances of getting approval on UI extenstions and HR589. If you watch CSPAN long enough it will possibly drive one insane. Rolling Eyes
Sammy
Sammy

Back to top Go down

Post by ranbrow123 Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:36 pm

Sammy wrote:What torques me is that The Dems left all the 20 Repugs job's bills to just sit and collect dust, although I don't agree with them, they should have at least brought them up for vote. This is what is pissing off The Repugs and hinders the chances of getting approval on UI extenstions and HR589. If you watch CSPAN long enough it will possibly drive one insane. Rolling Eyes

Do you really trust republicans to come up with a bill that will help the common man? Trust me, those bills are almost certainly better off collecting dust.

ranbrow123

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:18 pm

Sammy wrote:What torques me is that The Dems left all the 20 Repugs job's bills to just sit and collect dust, although I don't agree with them, they should have at least brought them up for vote. This is what is pissing off The Repugs and hinders the chances of getting approval on UI extenstions and HR589. If you watch CSPAN long enough it will possibly drive one insane. Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post by tristen303 Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:21 pm

Hopefully

tristen303

Back to top Go down

Post by js123 Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:27 pm

DesperateInRI wrote:
Yes, it does drive you insane. I have been watching since September 2009, when the Senate began debate on 3548, that created Tiers 3 and 4. That didn't pass until mid-November. The original "99ers" were without benefits for almost two months. Now, they have been without for almost two years, and are not even being considered once again this year!
js123
js123

Back to top Go down

Post by lendmeflight2 Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:24 pm

I realize some of you are newer to this whole scene but the GOP have always said this. "We just want it paid for". Right, the problem is that a government never really runs a surplus. They have X amount of money to allocate to programs and they allocate that entire amount. The government is not a business, cannot be run like a business, and does not make a profit. There can never be money left over. Considering we haven't had a federal budget in three years because the republicans filibuster everything in it, no money could be allocated for unemployment extensions.

The GOP knows that there is no way to pay for this. It is practically impossible. The only real way is to say they will offset something in the future which means nothing.
lendmeflight2
lendmeflight2

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down