Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
Question regarding Fed-Ed and the claim form EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
Question regarding Fed-Ed and the claim form EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
Question regarding Fed-Ed and the claim form EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
Question regarding Fed-Ed and the claim form EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
Question regarding Fed-Ed and the claim form EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
Question regarding Fed-Ed and the claim form EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
Question regarding Fed-Ed and the claim form EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
Question regarding Fed-Ed and the claim form EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
Question regarding Fed-Ed and the claim form EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
Question regarding Fed-Ed and the claim form EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
Question regarding Fed-Ed and the claim form EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
Question regarding Fed-Ed and the claim form EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
Question regarding Fed-Ed and the claim form EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
Question regarding Fed-Ed and the claim form EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
Question regarding Fed-Ed and the claim form EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
March 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Question regarding Fed-Ed and the claim form

2 posters

Go down

Question regarding Fed-Ed and the claim form Empty Question regarding Fed-Ed and the claim form

Post by Gail Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:57 pm

I am just starting Fed Ed in California and on the continued claim form, the box is not marked with an "x" indicating the requirement for me to document my job searches on the back of the form.
Does anyone know if this box is supposed to be checked ?
Also my "work search" instructions do not indicate that I must look for full time work each week. It reads that I am to "be available to accept full time work each week"--Maybe that is because I am a seasonal emplyee for a company and I work each year for them during tax season.
As usual I cannot get thru to EDD and am not sure I really want to talk to them anyway, so if anyone can answer this I would really appreciate it.
Thanks
Gail
Gail

Back to top Go down

Question regarding Fed-Ed and the claim form Empty Re: Question regarding Fed-Ed and the claim form

Post by LRS Sat Nov 19, 2011 12:37 am

Gail,

You MUST look for work every week, even though the box is not marked. Keep a record of your job searches, and be able to prove that you have in fact been looking for work. All of the job search requirements still apply, even though you DO NOT have to document them on the back of the form.

The box is probably not marked because you are "attached" to the job market, meaning that you have some sort of job, whether it is part-time, seasonal, or temporary. That's my guess.

I wouldn't worry about it, just continue to comply with the requirements. Again, even though you do not have to document your weekly job searchs on the form, you should keep a record of them, just in case you are asked to provide proof at some point down the road.

I think it tells you in the handbook that EDD sends in the packet you get when you start UI that if the box is not checked, you do not need to document job searches on the form.

Last edited by LRS on Sat Nov 19, 2011 1:23 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : spelling, typos)

LRS

Back to top Go down

Question regarding Fed-Ed and the claim form Empty Re: Question regarding Fed-Ed and the claim form

Post by Gail Sat Nov 19, 2011 2:00 am

LRS wrote:Gail,

You MUST look for work every week, even though the box is not marked. Keep a record of your job searches, and be able to prove that you have in fact been looking for work. All of the job search requirements still apply, even though you DO NOT have to document them on the back of the form.

The box is probably not marked because you are "attached" to the job market, meaning that you have some sort of job, whether it is part-time, seasonal, or temporary. That's my guess.

I wouldn't worry about it, just continue to comply with the requirements. Again, even though you do not have to document your weekly job searchs on the form, you should keep a record of them, just in case you are asked to provide proof at some point down the road.

I think it tells you in the handbook that EDD sends in the packet you get when you start UI that if the box is not checked, you do not need to document job searches on the form.

Thanks for the info-it is a little confusing since I have never gone this long without work before. I do work in a seasonal occupation with tax professionals & have for the past 5 years during tax season which normally runs from end of Jan thru April and sometimes into the first 2 weeks of May. Then everything winds down til the next year.
But in between I do look for other related work and I do keep a record of my job searches on a form on my computer just in case I am asked to provide it-
The box in question was not checked on my regular ui benefits claim form. I was just thinking it probably would be for Fed Ed due to the documentation issue.
Also the instruction letter they sent with the Fed Ed continued claim form was sort of vague-Anyway I mailed in my form so we will see what happens-I do not think I can use web cert since I am now on Fed Ed-The edd website said I had to send the paper form so we will just have to see what happens since I did not document the job searches on the back of the claim form.
Thanks again for helping---
Gail
Gail

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 19, 2011 12:28 pm

Good luck Gail. Sorry this is happening to you. LRS is correct, keep a record of all searches. From time to time in PA, they require you to present all of your submissions, be it on line or letter, fax, email. I kept a record and was glad I did. Hopefully things will pick up for you and for all of us. In the meantime, please know you have friends here.

Back to top Go down

Post by LRS Tue Nov 22, 2011 12:32 am

@Gail,

You're welcome!

You'll be o.k. with the form. As for Tele-Cert (which seems to be down every other week), unless the EDD tells you to start using that system to certify for your benefits each week, continue to mail the paper claim form they send you. If I remember correctly, you can't use Tele-Cert to certify for benefits for the weeks you have earnings anyway.

LRS

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 22, 2011 12:44 pm

LRS, thanks for responding, I can't get through to get answers for our members. Very much appreciated.

Back to top Go down

Post by LRS Tue Nov 22, 2011 2:03 pm

You're welcome, MaryKay!

The best way to get through to the CA EDD is via e-mail. No guarantee that you will get an answer from someone who knows what they are talking about, or who can explain things in a manner that makes any sense at all, but you will get a timely response. Even if it is only to refer you to the EDD website. I usually got a response to my e-mails within 1-3 days.

When I first started on UI, I had very few problems getting through by phone, and was fortunate enough to get very knowledgeable representatives who took time to explain things. Now, OMG! Getting a clear answer about anything is like pulling teeth!

LRS

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down