Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
Marco Rubio and Chris Coons Team Up on Jobs Bill - "AGREE Act" EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
Marco Rubio and Chris Coons Team Up on Jobs Bill - "AGREE Act" EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
Marco Rubio and Chris Coons Team Up on Jobs Bill - "AGREE Act" EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
Marco Rubio and Chris Coons Team Up on Jobs Bill - "AGREE Act" EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
Marco Rubio and Chris Coons Team Up on Jobs Bill - "AGREE Act" EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
Marco Rubio and Chris Coons Team Up on Jobs Bill - "AGREE Act" EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
Marco Rubio and Chris Coons Team Up on Jobs Bill - "AGREE Act" EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
Marco Rubio and Chris Coons Team Up on Jobs Bill - "AGREE Act" EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
Marco Rubio and Chris Coons Team Up on Jobs Bill - "AGREE Act" EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
Marco Rubio and Chris Coons Team Up on Jobs Bill - "AGREE Act" EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
Marco Rubio and Chris Coons Team Up on Jobs Bill - "AGREE Act" EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
Marco Rubio and Chris Coons Team Up on Jobs Bill - "AGREE Act" EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
Marco Rubio and Chris Coons Team Up on Jobs Bill - "AGREE Act" EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
Marco Rubio and Chris Coons Team Up on Jobs Bill - "AGREE Act" EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
Marco Rubio and Chris Coons Team Up on Jobs Bill - "AGREE Act" EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Marco Rubio and Chris Coons Team Up on Jobs Bill - "AGREE Act"

2 posters

Go down

Marco Rubio and Chris Coons Team Up on Jobs Bill - "AGREE Act" Empty Marco Rubio and Chris Coons Team Up on Jobs Bill - "AGREE Act"

Post by Guest Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:42 am

Drawing together elements from President Barack Obama’s jobs plan, the President’s Council on Jobs and Competitiveness and ideas from congressional Republicans and Democrats, U.S. Sen. Marco Rubio reached out across the aisle Tuesday and teamed up with Democratic U.S. Sen. Chris Coons of Delaware to introduce the American Growth, Recovery, Empowerment and Entrepreneurship Act.

The AGREE Act covers a number of areas, including eliminating some taxes on small businesses. The legislation would also extend the research and development tax credit until 2013, make the Alternative Simplified Credit permanent while increasing it from 14 percent to 20 percent, and create a research credit to encourage manufacturers to hire more workers.
http://www.sunshinestatenews.com/story/marco-rubio-and-chris-coons-team-jobs-bill

Back to top Go down

Marco Rubio and Chris Coons Team Up on Jobs Bill - "AGREE Act" Empty Re: Marco Rubio and Chris Coons Team Up on Jobs Bill - "AGREE Act"

Post by Guest Wed Nov 16, 2011 4:12 pm

Here is hoping this is a beginning of something wonderful. Wouldn't you think that with the poll numbers being so lousy for Congress in general they would be flocking to one another to do things like this.

Of course, bear in mind, these are younger, not dyed in the wool politicians who have been in the DC politico regime for years and years. It would be great to see more of this.

The did the talk circuit this morning. I caught them on morning joe. Hopefully it works and others join in.

Back to top Go down

Marco Rubio and Chris Coons Team Up on Jobs Bill - "AGREE Act" Empty Re: Marco Rubio and Chris Coons Team Up on Jobs Bill - "AGREE Act"

Post by JoanB Thu Nov 17, 2011 12:08 am

But it seems like it's mostly about tax breaks, which haven't created jobs in all the many years that we've been waiting for them to do so...

So isn't it just Democrats being bipartisan by doing what Republicans want? Again?

But one's thing's for sure: Chris Coons is absolutely, positively not a witch.
JoanB
JoanB

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:24 am

Good one Joan B. What a complete mess that was huh?

Forgive the shameless plug here friends, but Joan is correct, it's not about a Jobs Bill or help it's about taxes (what else), so here is the shameless plug:

Good Morning friends. Off to Dad's.

We have had many additional requests for stories. The topics are scrolling to the left.

In addition, please read the topic on Barbara Lee and HR589. She needs a thank you and a tweet. Please send the 99ers letter to:
@RepBarbaraLee.

While you are at it, on the complete list of contacts, the last two pages have the listing of the Super Committee, Democrats Refusing to Support the American Jobs Act and Republican Who Didn't Sign the Grover Norquist Pledge. When I return tomorrow, that's who I am targeting specifically.

Two more things on the to do list:

All members of CBC and Progressive Caucus. The complete list shows Party, Committees etc. It's easy to pick them out. Keith Ellison and Raul Grijalva, Progressive Caucus.

As always, the President and Vice President need to get the letter too.
@BarackObama @VP.

I know I am asking alot, but it's less time consuming than all 20 pages and I need help. I cannot do this alone and I've said many times, one voice won't get noticed nearly as well as many.

It's our fight to win or lose. I will be back and ready to "go to the mattress" tomorrow. I cannot be here today. Hope you understand and can help me out.

Much love to all.

mk

Back to top Go down

Post by JoanB Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:36 pm

I'll do as much as I can, MK. And no apologies, please! You are awesome!
JoanB
JoanB

Back to top Go down

Post by ranbrow123 Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:42 pm

Republican, democrat: I honestly don't trust any of them anymore. All I effin want is no starving children in this country! Can I get no starving children in this goddamn country?! AT LEAST that?! Maybe we can work on making sure some adults -- who can't support themselves because of the lies and thievery -- can eat and maybe keep a home? Can we get that?!

No, of course not. If it doesn't serve the elite, it's not worth considering, that's the American way!

ranbrow123

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down