Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
Did I ruin my chance to get unemployment compensation? EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
Did I ruin my chance to get unemployment compensation? EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
Did I ruin my chance to get unemployment compensation? EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
Did I ruin my chance to get unemployment compensation? EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
Did I ruin my chance to get unemployment compensation? EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
Did I ruin my chance to get unemployment compensation? EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
Did I ruin my chance to get unemployment compensation? EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
Did I ruin my chance to get unemployment compensation? EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
Did I ruin my chance to get unemployment compensation? EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
Did I ruin my chance to get unemployment compensation? EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
Did I ruin my chance to get unemployment compensation? EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
Did I ruin my chance to get unemployment compensation? EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
Did I ruin my chance to get unemployment compensation? EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
Did I ruin my chance to get unemployment compensation? EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
Did I ruin my chance to get unemployment compensation? EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
March 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Did I ruin my chance to get unemployment compensation?

3 posters

Go down

Did I ruin my chance to get unemployment compensation? Empty Did I ruin my chance to get unemployment compensation?

Post by emmajean Tue Nov 08, 2011 12:22 pm

This is my first time filing for unemployment benfits and I'm worried I'm not going to recieve any money because there is an "issue" with my claim that is "under review." I was confused when filling out the forms. My employer told me I should have put "laid off" or "lack of work" but I put "other." I called the UC office and explained that there has been an issue with my transportation to work and I have been put on the lay-off list. I filed for unemployment on OCTOBER 15TH. My claim's status is "under review." I don't know what to do! I'm late on rent, I need groceries....

emmajean

Back to top Go down

Did I ruin my chance to get unemployment compensation? Empty Re: Did I ruin my chance to get unemployment compensation?

Post by Guest Tue Nov 08, 2011 12:55 pm

It's hard to say emmajean. If your transportation problem is that you could not get to work, they will likely turn you down and you will have to request a hearing. If your former employer is willing to fill out paperwork stating lack of work, you should be okay. They will fill out forms and contact your employer before making a decision.Then you will be notified by mail. Sorry I couldn't be more helpful. The UC Service Center Reps can answer this question for you better than our members could. I was laid off in PA and did always find them to be helpful. You may have to leave a call back number and wait by the phone for a return call if the lines are really busy, but they can navigate you through the program.

Back to top Go down

Did I ruin my chance to get unemployment compensation? Empty Re: Did I ruin my chance to get unemployment compensation?

Post by Guest Tue Nov 08, 2011 12:58 pm

I neglected to say, welcome to the forum, take a minute to get familiar with our site and members. You will find friends here. Sorry you were laid off.

We are doing our best here on this forum to advocate for benefits for the unemployed and the 99ers. Possibly you would be interested in helping. If so, please use the scroll on the left side and select a topic of interest you may help with. We need all the help we can get. Thanks and again, welcome.

Back to top Go down

Post by TR11005 Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:13 pm

If the employer changed your shift. Then that could help your case. They always put it under review until they talk to your employer.

TR11005

Back to top Go down

Post by emmajean Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:33 pm

Thank you for the replies. I've been feeling very overwhelmed. UC told me that they are waiting to hear from my temp agency's corporate office. Now, my temp agent reported to corporate that I have been laid off due to lack of work. Will the fact that I claimed a transportation issue cause a problem?

emmajean

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 08, 2011 3:16 pm

It shouldn't, but I don't know all the details. Did they move or switch your hours where transportation is not available? If so, no problem. If you just can't get there as there is no public transportation, it's 50/50. How were you getting there? Is that person still working? Those will come into play. I have to ask, did you resign, if so, it gets tough. feel free to use the mp button and contact me directly. I suggest not posting private information on the forum. I will do what I can to help.

Back to top Go down

Post by emmajean Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:54 am

Phew! My claim has finally been processed. What a relief.

emmajean

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:08 am

emmajean wrote:Phew! My claim has finally been processed. What a relief.

Did I ruin my chance to get unemployment compensation? 468390 Did I ruin my chance to get unemployment compensation? 9685 Happy dance Happy dance

Back to top Go down

Post by Jobless_in_Ma Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:33 am

Glad to hear its been resolved. Not so glad to hear you have joined the ranks of the unemployed. I wish you the best in your job search. In the meantime take your coat off and stay a while. Check out the HR 589 sub forum and participate in the advcation for jobs and extended unemployment benefits for ALL unemployed.
Jobless_in_Ma
Jobless_in_Ma
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.unemployed-friends2.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down