Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
HICKS: Unemployment compensation and incentive to work EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
HICKS: Unemployment compensation and incentive to work EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
HICKS: Unemployment compensation and incentive to work EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
HICKS: Unemployment compensation and incentive to work EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
HICKS: Unemployment compensation and incentive to work EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
HICKS: Unemployment compensation and incentive to work EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
HICKS: Unemployment compensation and incentive to work EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
HICKS: Unemployment compensation and incentive to work EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
HICKS: Unemployment compensation and incentive to work EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
HICKS: Unemployment compensation and incentive to work EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
HICKS: Unemployment compensation and incentive to work EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
HICKS: Unemployment compensation and incentive to work EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
HICKS: Unemployment compensation and incentive to work EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
HICKS: Unemployment compensation and incentive to work EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
HICKS: Unemployment compensation and incentive to work EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
March 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

HICKS: Unemployment compensation and incentive to work

+2
couth11
exhaustedandtired/1208
6 posters

Go down

HICKS: Unemployment compensation and incentive to work Empty HICKS: Unemployment compensation and incentive to work

Post by Guest Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:43 am

If history repeats itself, we will see an acceleration of new employment in Indiana in the coming months. In the languid prose of one well known study of the issue, the "escape rate" from unemployment tends to occur near the date of "benefit exhaustion." This finding is replicated across countries and across time by economists of all stripes. Another finding is that for every five or six weeks of potential unemployment benefits available, the average length of unemployment grows by a week. The economic research backing this finding is of high quality and performed by some of the most brilliant economists of the age. In essence, the body of research tells us that longish periods of unemployment compensation tend to cause longish periods of unemployment. This should be unsurprising; when you pay people not to work, the propensity to work declines. If this trend holds -- and it almost certainly will -- we should see a big drop in long-term unemployment in Indiana in the coming months.

PLEASE,
leave the writer a comment! If his theory is correct, how does he explain the millions of 99ers? And what kind of low-paying, part-time, no benefits jobs are people being forced to take when they are fortunate enough to find one?

http://tinyurl.com/5uwj7zz mad

Back to top Go down

HICKS: Unemployment compensation and incentive to work Empty Re: HICKS: Unemployment compensation and incentive to work

Post by exhaustedandtired/1208 Sun Jun 26, 2011 1:18 pm

Right and when it doesn't happen then we need to run him out of town on a rail.!!!

exhaustedandtired/1208

Back to top Go down

HICKS: Unemployment compensation and incentive to work Empty Re: HICKS: Unemployment compensation and incentive to work

Post by Guest Sun Jun 26, 2011 1:27 pm

I swear these writers do this on purpose to generate traffic and comments to their site. They know we will jump in and correct them.

People that write this crap cant possibly be so stupid, can they? scratch

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 26, 2011 1:52 pm

I left a few comments.... BLeep

Back to top Go down

Post by couth11 Sun Jun 26, 2011 7:22 pm

They see a drop in unemployment BECAUSE job hunter's benefits have expired, and they are no longer on the radar. Maybe they should look at the foreclosure and eviction rates, the number of people going to the shelters, the number of people turned away from the shelters, the number of car sleepers, couch surfers and tent people...Did I forget anyone? Oh, bridge dwellers. Oh- pets surrendered.
couth11
couth11

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 26, 2011 7:26 pm

I commented on the article and gave some facts about unemployment and was told I misunderstood the point. LOL
Whats to misunderstand about it? He said people dont want to work while on unemployment, and implied that we could get a job if we wanted to. This guy is an IGNORAMUS! If it were that easy millions of people wouldnt of lost EVERYTHING!! as if we like this....this makes me so angry, Im so sick of the ignorance and denial.

MAD

Back to top Go down

Post by couth11 Sun Jun 26, 2011 9:07 pm

I feel like I am beating my head against the wall. I have utilized all the programs that I am told are geared toward re-employment, dislocated workers, older workers, etc. To be honest, I haven't met anyone who has received any real help, although they have usually been pleasant. I have attended seminars, filled out enough paper work to kill a forest, refilled out a lot of it because somehow, my paperwork seems to get lost in the shuffle. I have networked, I have contributed my time to things I can afford to do, etc. I have applied to jobs and companies, only to find the same ads still posted. I periodically re-apply as a good faith effort, even though I know it's probably a waste of time, unless they have new policies and another human resources manager.
Today, I looked at the new ads for the week and found nothing new, which left me in a quandry: do I just not apply again or should I consider sending and resending my resume just for the heck of it....If they want me to go away and die, I wish they would just kill me outright, and be done with me.
couth11
couth11

Back to top Go down

Post by laine25 Mon Jun 27, 2011 3:56 am

Couth11, I've done all of the above and I'm still unemployed.
laine25
laine25

Back to top Go down

Post by couth11 Mon Jun 27, 2011 1:46 pm

Customer Service Representative

Good Morning, Heather,

My name is xxx. I work for zzzz, a full service, temporary staffing agency. I am responding to your application for the Customer Service Representative position we have posted on JobsinMinneapolis.com. After reading over your resume as well as your responses to the questionnaire, I am sorry to say that we have decided to go with another candidate for the position based on experience. The company in which we are staffing this position is looking for candidates with a minimum of 1 year call center experience and after looking over your resume I don’t see that it reflects this requirement.

If you have any questions feel free to give me a call or send me an email.

Sincerely,
xxxxxx

Hello, xxxxxx,

Actually- if you review my resume, I have almost 2 years of call center experience. The Adecco role was within the call center of a pharmaceutical benefits company. The Nexpro assignment was in a banking call center. My last position was not in a call center, but involved heavy inbound/outbound call responsibilities. I hope you keep me in mind for future employment opportunities.

Respectfully,

Heather Couture
--

Last edited by couth11 on Mon Jun 27, 2011 1:51 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : removing blankspace & staffer's name)
couth11
couth11

Back to top Go down

Post by couth11 Mon Jun 27, 2011 1:57 pm

couth11 wrote:Customer Service Representative

Good Morning, Heather,

My name is xxx. I work for zzzz, a full service, temporary staffing agency. I am responding to your application for the Customer Service Representative position we have posted on JobsinMinneapolis.com. After reading over your resume as well as your responses to the questionnaire, I am sorry to say that we have decided to go with another candidate for the position based on experience. The company in which we are staffing this position is looking for candidates with a minimum of 1 year call center experience and after looking over your resume I don’t see that it reflects this requirement.

If you have any questions feel free to give me a call or send me an email.

Sincerely,
xxxxxx

Hello, xxxxxx,

Actually- if you review my resume, I have almost 2 years of call center experience. The Adecco role was within the call center of a pharmaceutical benefits company. The Nexpro assignment was in a banking call center. My last position was not in a call center, but involved heavy inbound/outbound call responsibilities. I hope you keep me in mind for future employment opportunities.

Respectfully,

Heather Couture
--

I'm finding it hard to keep a civil tone, at this point. I don't even know what to say. Part of me is sad to see the country being destroyed by sheer ignorance, and part of me feels like I'd be better off trying to build a third world country into an economically competitive entity, except I can't afford to get there.
couth11
couth11

Back to top Go down

Post by USA Citizen Mon Jun 27, 2011 3:40 pm

The U.S. will soon be a third world country with the very poor ruled by the super-rich class since much of the middle class is now being eliminated. You don't have to go anywhere to be in a third world country ruled by a petty dictator and an ineffectual Congress. This may make you crap in your pants, but be prepared to remove your adult undergarments for inspection. Your life depends on it.
USA Citizen
USA Citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by couth11 Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:24 pm

Yes, but the difference is that maybe, in the pursuit of economic competitiveness, they'll give me a chance!
couth11
couth11

Back to top Go down

Post by c62ta68 Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:25 pm

I hear you went to over 7 interviews I have 15 yrs billing and csr experience in the medical insurance field /well today a staffing co called me to interview for smithkline I went even thought its only a 8 week contract but maybe if I get my foot in the door I might get hired I think it went pretty well the one who interviewed me is like 24 its who you know because I also have a college degree/well wish me luck!!!/if I still have extended benefits left and the contract ends can I pick them back up bc I was laid off in pa

c62ta68

Back to top Go down

Post by JoanB Mon Jun 27, 2011 8:47 pm

Good luck, c6! Hope it comes through for you.
JoanB
JoanB

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down