Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
Senate Dems Face Major Challenge On Key Part Of Obama Jobs Bill EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
Senate Dems Face Major Challenge On Key Part Of Obama Jobs Bill EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
Senate Dems Face Major Challenge On Key Part Of Obama Jobs Bill EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
Senate Dems Face Major Challenge On Key Part Of Obama Jobs Bill EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
Senate Dems Face Major Challenge On Key Part Of Obama Jobs Bill EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
Senate Dems Face Major Challenge On Key Part Of Obama Jobs Bill EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
Senate Dems Face Major Challenge On Key Part Of Obama Jobs Bill EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
Senate Dems Face Major Challenge On Key Part Of Obama Jobs Bill EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
Senate Dems Face Major Challenge On Key Part Of Obama Jobs Bill EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
Senate Dems Face Major Challenge On Key Part Of Obama Jobs Bill EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
Senate Dems Face Major Challenge On Key Part Of Obama Jobs Bill EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
Senate Dems Face Major Challenge On Key Part Of Obama Jobs Bill EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
Senate Dems Face Major Challenge On Key Part Of Obama Jobs Bill EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
Senate Dems Face Major Challenge On Key Part Of Obama Jobs Bill EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
Senate Dems Face Major Challenge On Key Part Of Obama Jobs Bill EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
March 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Senate Dems Face Major Challenge On Key Part Of Obama Jobs Bill

Go down

Senate Dems Face Major Challenge On Key Part Of Obama Jobs Bill Empty Senate Dems Face Major Challenge On Key Part Of Obama Jobs Bill

Post by Guest Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:48 am

Two months from today, a two percent payroll tax cut for employees, and a measure extending unemployment benefits for people unable to find new jobs are both set to expire. They were part of the deal Obama negotiated with Republican leaders at the end of last year to extend all of the Bush tax cuts for two years. Together, they put nearly $200 billion in consumer pockets, and prevented lapsing unemployment and stimulus bill benefits from harming the economy in 2011.

These temporary benefits are now built into the country’s economic baseline, and many experts warn that if they expire, it will act as “anti-stimulus” at a time when the economy needs more, not less juice.
http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/2011/11/senate-dems-face-major-challenge-on-key-part-of-obama-jobs-bill.php

Back to top Go down

Senate Dems Face Major Challenge On Key Part Of Obama Jobs Bill Empty Re: Senate Dems Face Major Challenge On Key Part Of Obama Jobs Bill

Post by Guest Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:25 am

I really believe they will bend on the taxes and walk on the extension of benefits, with all their old and baseless arguments. If we remain silent, it will happen. There are so many ways they can boost the economy, reduce the deficit and get people back to work and it can be done in a timely manner, it doesn't have to be in the form of a program that starts tomorrow afternoon. Their ideas of cutting, cutting and more cutting just aren't feasible in an unstable economic climate like ours right now. They have been told this by everyone. They have also been told that slashing in this environment isn't wise either, they do not care. For all intents they are deliberately driving us to the brink. Many plans that have been submitted, carried on through a decade of reduced spending in some areas and investment in other areas could go a long way, but they are hard fast against anything that doesn't slash and burn tomorrow.

Time to really make noise. If we sit in silence and programs are cut, unemployment is not extended, 99ers get ignored once again and the Banks get richer, we can blame ourselves. We may never get everything we need or want, but staying silent means we just didn't try so if we are ignored, that will be part of the reason.

Back to top Go down

Senate Dems Face Major Challenge On Key Part Of Obama Jobs Bill Empty Re: Senate Dems Face Major Challenge On Key Part Of Obama Jobs Bill

Post by Sammy Tue Nov 01, 2011 1:39 pm

I think if UI Extensions "piggybacks" the payroll tax cuts as ONE of the pieces of the bill, it will pass.

Mary,
Can you give me some members of Congress to tweet or E-mail and I will do my part.

Thanks........
Sammy
Sammy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 01, 2011 7:52 pm

Hey Sammy, I sure can. Give me a minute and I will send you a link I have. Having issues with Comcast, so I am up and down for the last couple of days and it's very slow. I will pm you. And, thank you.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum