Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
Obama Better Give One Hell of a Speech EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
Obama Better Give One Hell of a Speech EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
Obama Better Give One Hell of a Speech EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
Obama Better Give One Hell of a Speech EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
Obama Better Give One Hell of a Speech EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
Obama Better Give One Hell of a Speech EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
Obama Better Give One Hell of a Speech EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
Obama Better Give One Hell of a Speech EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
Obama Better Give One Hell of a Speech EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
Obama Better Give One Hell of a Speech EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
Obama Better Give One Hell of a Speech EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
Obama Better Give One Hell of a Speech EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
Obama Better Give One Hell of a Speech EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
Obama Better Give One Hell of a Speech EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
Obama Better Give One Hell of a Speech EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Obama Better Give One Hell of a Speech

+5
mistermunster
lendmeflight2
exhaustedandtired/1208
nfpexec
TOO OLD TO HIRE IN PA
9 posters

Go down

Obama Better Give One Hell of a Speech Empty Obama Better Give One Hell of a Speech

Post by Guest Fri Sep 02, 2011 5:53 pm

As job growth literately grinds to a halt, the crisis becomes all the more evident. And Owens states the obvious yet critical point: "This distressing news sets the stage for President Obama’s address to Congress next week on jobs and the economy."

President Obama is starting to recognize this reality.

He's going to give that "major" address to Congress on Thursday.

And he's going to talk about some kind of jobs program.

But Obama has yet to display the sense of urgency that is required.

He wasted the summer on a ridiculous debt-ceiling debate that—with the establishment of the congressional "super committee" on debt and deficit reduction—"ended" with a commitment to continue the wrangling.

Now, even as he has focused on the jobs crisis, Obama continues to send weak signals.

The worst of those weak signals took the form of the wrestling this week over when to schedule his speech before the Congress.

With American teetering on the brink of potentially severe recession, a president who is in charge does not worry about scheduling conflicts with a partisan debate involving his potential opponents—as Obama did—or a football game. He says that some issues are more important than politics or football.

Obama did not do that. It was a mistake.

There is much talk about how the president has to "go big" with his jobs speech. There's no question that this is true. But there are many ways to "go big." For Obama to succeed next week—and he must succeed if he hopes to right the course not just of his presidency but of the economy—he must hit all the bases.
http://www.thenation.com/blog/163118/obama-better-give-one-hell-speech

Back to top Go down

Obama Better Give One Hell of a Speech Empty Re: Obama Better Give One Hell of a Speech

Post by Guest Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:46 pm

Excellently done by John. These numbers are getting so scary, I'm in the midlife crowd wondering if I'll ever work again, and there are so many of us. Sometimes it's just like a feeling of death, death of a life you use to have, we are learning how to continue to live, just like when you lose a loved one, learning to go on.

Back to top Go down

Obama Better Give One Hell of a Speech Empty Re: Obama Better Give One Hell of a Speech

Post by TOO OLD TO HIRE IN PA Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:59 pm

disgustedwithgovt wrote:Excellently done by John. These numbers are getting so scary, I'm in the midlife crowd wondering if I'll ever work again, and there are so many of us. Sometimes it's just like a feeling of death, death of a life you use to have, we are learning how to continue to live, just like when you lose a loved one, learning to go on.

I had a very difficult time dealing with the loss of my parents and am still dealing with it years later. My husband's job loss at a time when we should be looking forward to retirement in about 9 years has just made it worse. I find myself longing for my younger days when all seemed right with the world.

TOO OLD TO HIRE IN PA

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 02, 2011 8:59 pm

We've never lived in a world before with such selfish people. They care only for themselves and everyone else be damned. They talk a good game about neighbors helping neighbors, but they have yet to try and help any of their constituents. Do as I say, not as I do. Obama Better Give One Hell of a Speech 34243

Back to top Go down

Post by nfpexec Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:45 pm

A good speech is one thing but actions speak louder than words and this increasingly dire situation needs bold not tepid action. We are on the brink of destruction with these numbers. The only "up" side is that hearing no jobs were created assures me that this isn't just about me because you start blaming & second guessing yourself and wondering what you're doing wrong.
nfpexec
nfpexec

Back to top Go down

Post by exhaustedandtired/1208 Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:50 pm

Whats your worry! he always makes good speeches!

exhaustedandtired/1208

Back to top Go down

Post by lendmeflight2 Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:27 pm

This needs to be the WPA speech. Tell the people that he is creating a spending bill to send through congress that will rebuild roads and bridges, avoid the word infrastructure, that will put people back to work.

Then let the crazy tea bags tell Americans that putting people back to work won't put people back to work. I promise you that even the employed will back this.
lendmeflight2
lendmeflight2

Back to top Go down

Post by mistermunster Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:32 pm

BASED on what has transpired in 3 years so far. This SPEECH will be MORE of same rhetoric, Shovel ready, Green this..GREEN that... infrastructure NEEDS, Unemployed suffering...Jobs, jobs, jobs, blah, blah, blah. As long as the GOP holds the House and WILL budge ON NOTHING, Cantor running around with his CUT, CUT, CUT BS and that psycho Perry on ROAD to be President....I see NOTHING but more pain for us all. Obama MUST do ONE thing and the ONE thing ONLY and thats CALL the GOP out on the carpet for the monsters they are and the DAMAGE they have caused the last 3 years. The DRAGON must be truthfully identified and slayed and the Dems NEEDS to stand up and FIGHT. If they don't it's OVER.
mistermunster
mistermunster

Back to top Go down

Post by lendmeflight2 Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:44 pm

I totally agree. This is what will happen. He will speak in vague statements that no one understands and then rick perry will shoot something on his morning jog and the people will cheer.

lendmeflight2
lendmeflight2

Back to top Go down

Post by gettheminNOVEMBER Sat Sep 03, 2011 12:45 am

mistermunster wrote:BASED on what has transpired in 3 years so far. This SPEECH will be MORE of same rhetoric, Shovel ready, Green this..GREEN that... infrastructure NEEDS, Unemployed suffering...Jobs, jobs, jobs, blah, blah, blah. As long as the GOP holds the House and WILL budge ON NOTHING, Cantor running around with his CUT, CUT, CUT BS and that psycho Perry on ROAD to be President....I see NOTHING but more pain for us all. Obama MUST do ONE thing and the ONE thing ONLY and thats CALL the GOP out on the carpet for the monsters they are and the DAMAGE they have caused the last 3 years. The DRAGON must be truthfully identified and slayed and the Dems NEEDS to stand up and FIGHT. If they don't it's OVER.

Yea the backbone will be left at the door. Then people will blame Obama for doing nothing all the while giving the GOP a free pass. In reality we all know the the GOP WILL NEVER LET OBAMA GOVERN. AND OBAMA PUSSY ADVISORS WILL TAKE IT WHERE THE SUN DON'T SHINE SAME OLD FRIGGEN BS!
gettheminNOVEMBER
gettheminNOVEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 03, 2011 12:51 am

getthem, I have always been a strong supporter of President Obama. I have defended every action he has taken as far as giving in to the GOP. This time, no matter how trivial it may seem, I am losing hope. He never should have moved his speech. With the numbers that came out today (which are MUCH HIGHER than reported), a reassurance that our government is doing everything possible to put us back to work if far more important than listening to a bunch of clowns and airheads debate. Obama should have stuck to his words!

Back to top Go down

Post by TR11005 Sat Sep 03, 2011 1:06 am

The President should invite a group of Unemployed. Especially a bunch of 99ers or Exhaustees. Put them right up front. Then embarrass the HELL out of these Tea Party Republicans. Make sure that every Politician can put a face on these victims of this economic holocaust. Hold NO punches back. They have played their dirty tricks long enough. Time for them to be be judged. Don't let anyone leave, perhaps put chains on the doors! They must hear him out. They have judged us unfairly, now it is there turn!

The speech will not end until they have at least a WPA project. Will start by September 12. Anyone that wants a job will have a job that day. That way they will no longer have a job gap. Guarantee them min. wage. The only requirement is that it must help society in some form. This is an emergency! The will raise the morale in this country. We need to kick butt, just like John Wayne did in his last movie. We need to do this to the politicians that don't comply.

TR11005

Back to top Go down

Post by nfpexec Sat Sep 03, 2011 2:26 am

I like this TR11005 if only it would happen!
nfpexec
nfpexec

Back to top Go down

Post by TR11005 Sat Sep 03, 2011 6:01 am

Thank you. Remember to FAX ATTACK!

TR11005

Back to top Go down

Post by Hunterforjobs Sat Sep 03, 2011 9:31 am

Speech is one thing, decide to stop being bullied by Boehner that would be a great accomplishment.
Hunterforjobs
Hunterforjobs

Back to top Go down

Post by gonzofl Sat Sep 03, 2011 10:23 am

And at the end of his speech,when it's all said and done....More will be said than done.Speeches will never turn the tide,Obama may be a good speaker,but he is not an inspirational speaker. This country needs action on REAL JOB Creation,something that the congress and this administration are not familiar with.
gonzofl
gonzofl

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down