Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
Obama bows to Boehner; jobs speech will be Sept. 8 EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
Obama bows to Boehner; jobs speech will be Sept. 8 EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
Obama bows to Boehner; jobs speech will be Sept. 8 EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
Obama bows to Boehner; jobs speech will be Sept. 8 EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
Obama bows to Boehner; jobs speech will be Sept. 8 EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
Obama bows to Boehner; jobs speech will be Sept. 8 EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
Obama bows to Boehner; jobs speech will be Sept. 8 EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
Obama bows to Boehner; jobs speech will be Sept. 8 EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
Obama bows to Boehner; jobs speech will be Sept. 8 EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
Obama bows to Boehner; jobs speech will be Sept. 8 EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
Obama bows to Boehner; jobs speech will be Sept. 8 EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
Obama bows to Boehner; jobs speech will be Sept. 8 EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
Obama bows to Boehner; jobs speech will be Sept. 8 EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
Obama bows to Boehner; jobs speech will be Sept. 8 EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
Obama bows to Boehner; jobs speech will be Sept. 8 EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Obama bows to Boehner; jobs speech will be Sept. 8

+9
USA Citizen
gettheminNOVEMBER
stillnutty
TOO OLD TO HIRE IN PA
tristen303
zphtar
lam
Dazed&Confused
WilliamsonAngel
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Obama bows to Boehner; jobs speech will be Sept. 8 Empty Obama bows to Boehner; jobs speech will be Sept. 8

Post by Guest Wed Aug 31, 2011 11:39 pm

In a retreat after an hours-long test of wills Wednesday, President Barack Obama agreed to deliver an address on jobs and the economy to a joint session of Congress on Sept. 8, yielding to House Speaker John Boehner, who had balked at Obama's request for a Sept. 7 speech.

Obama's address still gives him a grand stage to unveil his economic agenda, but it will compete with the opening game of the National Football League season — a conflict the White House wanted to avoid.

The change now will allow a planned Sept. 7 Republican presidential debate in Simi Valley, Calif., to proceed without Obama upstaging it.
http://news.yahoo.com/obama-bows-boehner-jobs-speech-sept-8-013059529.html

mad

Back to top Go down

Obama bows to Boehner; jobs speech will be Sept. 8 Empty Re: Obama bows to Boehner; jobs speech will be Sept. 8

Post by Guest Wed Aug 31, 2011 11:48 pm

In Unprecedented Move, Republicans Refuse To Allow President Obama To Speak Before Joint Session Of Congress

Earlier today, The White House publicly announced that President Obama would be speaking before a Joint Session of Congress on September 7th. Later in the day, John Boehner’s office informed the President that September 7th will not work and denied that any Joint Session had been approved by the GOP.
http://www.addictinginfo.org/2011/08/31/in-unprecedented-move-republicans-refuse-to-allow-president-obama-to-speak-before-joint-session-of-congress/

Back to top Go down

Obama bows to Boehner; jobs speech will be Sept. 8 Empty Re: Obama bows to Boehner; jobs speech will be Sept. 8

Post by WilliamsonAngel Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:53 am

I think Obama just got Bhoned.

And this comes up after doing my nerdraging for the day.
WilliamsonAngel
WilliamsonAngel

http://www.zandrae.com

Back to top Go down

Post by WilliamsonAngel Thu Sep 01, 2011 1:47 am

He mad.

Checked my e-mail.

To (My name)
Subject: Frustrated

Friend --

Today I asked for a joint session of Congress where I will lay out a clear plan to get Americans back to work. Next week, I will deliver the details of the plan and call on lawmakers to pass it.

Whether they will do the job they were elected to do is ultimately up to them.

But both you and I can pressure them to do the right thing. We can send the message that the American people are playing by the rules and meeting their responsibilities -- and it's time for our leaders in Congress to meet theirs.

And we must hold them accountable if they don't.

So I'm asking you to stand with me in calling on Congress to step up and take action on jobs:

http://my.barackobama.com/Time-To-Act

No matter how things go in the weeks and months ahead, this will be an important challenge for our organization.

It's been a long time since Congress was focused on what the American people need them to be focused on.

I know that you're frustrated by that. I am, too.

That's why I'm putting forward a set of bipartisan proposals to help grow the economy and create jobs -- that means strengthening our small businesses, giving needed breaks to middle-class families, while taking responsible steps to bring down our deficit.

I'm asking lawmakers to look past short-term politics and take action on that plan. But we've got to do this together.

I will deliver this message to Congress next week, but I'm asking you to stand alongside me today:

http://my.barackobama.com/Time-To-Act

More to come,

Barack
WilliamsonAngel
WilliamsonAngel

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 01, 2011 8:40 am

I received this as well. Yes he is mad.

I say let Boehner and company have their way. President will speak on 9/8. They think the traveling road show is more important than Jobs, people will hear that, 25+ million of us will.

What will really be important on 9/8 is that the American people watch the President, not football. I am a huge football fan, but this is more important than the first game, that is where we will see the temperature of the American people. I don't think the debate the night before will garner much nationwide attention other than from really staunch conservatives, but the next night, that's where we will see how committed people are to jobs. i hope they will be watching. I will as I know all our members will be. Obama bows to Boehner; jobs speech will be Sept. 8 34243

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:01 am

He caved again. Sorry to disagree, Mary, but he should not have changed the date!

The only people who will be watching the President's speech on the same night as the opening of football season will be the very desperate unemployed. That's why the GOP wouldn't change the date. I guess they really aren't that stupid. The only people who care about the unemployed are the UNEMPLOYED!

President Obama, who I had complete faith in, just proved that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazed&Confused Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:15 pm

I thought the slaves were freed years ago. This is bullshit.
Dazed&Confused
Dazed&Confused

Back to top Go down

Post by lam Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:21 pm

Well the gridlock continues. I don't know what Boehners agenda is other then to continue to run this country into the ground and straight to HE!!

However the President should have held his ground and said it's Wednesday and not let Boehner tell him what Obama can and cant do
Who is the President anyway???

lam

Back to top Go down

Post by zphtar Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:27 pm

I thought the President held the highest office in the country.

zphtar

Back to top Go down

Post by tristen303 Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:01 pm

We need Hillary

tristen303

Back to top Go down

Post by WilliamsonAngel Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:41 pm

She'll solve everything with her magical uteris.
WilliamsonAngel
WilliamsonAngel

Back to top Go down

Post by tristen303 Thu Sep 01, 2011 3:37 pm

No I think she is more shrewd and a more apt political player. She has executive experience and considering the success of her husband’s admin and how well they both were able to create consensus and navigate gridlock.

tristen303

Back to top Go down

Post by TOO OLD TO HIRE IN PA Thu Sep 01, 2011 8:13 pm

After the President's speech, Americans will sit in front of the TV to watch HIGHLY paid rich athletes. Gee 100 million dollars seems to ring a bell! It wasn't until my husband went through this unemployment nightmare that I feel like never watching another football or baseball game. Many of us never even gave it a thought.

TOO OLD TO HIRE IN PA

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:40 pm

TOO OLD TO HIRE IN PA wrote:After the President's speech, Americans will sit in front of the TV to watch HIGHLY paid rich athletes. Gee 100 million dollars seems to ring a bell! It wasn't until my husband went through this unemployment nightmare that I feel like never watching another football or baseball game. Many of us never even gave it a thought.
The 100 million dollar man - isn't that EX-CON Michael Vick, who doesn't have a conscience? Forty million is guaranteed, just in case he goes back to jail.
Frustrated

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:49 pm

I was trying to make a point to 1208 earlier today. I am hoping that the unemployed do watch the President along with others to hear his jobs program. Lately, other than our group, it seems that getting the unemployed to participate is tough. I realize people are disgusted, but it's too important to not participate.

I will have to say though, I don't think there will be the huge viewing audience they think they will get for a meaningless 14 months in advance debate for the Repubs either. They made such a big deal out of all the networks covering the Straw Poll and it was a big snooze fest, terrible viewship, as was the first debate. Only draw will be Perry and he's a little too scarey for my taste. Should be interesting.

Back to top Go down

Post by stillnutty Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:53 pm

Cmon now don t blame this on sports. AFTER the speech, I will be watching the game. It is a diversion for me. It was also announced today that the game will not start until the speech is given. So the real problem is will EMPLOYED AMERICA watch? I think not.

stillnutty
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:56 pm

stillnutty wrote:Cmon now don t blame this on sports. AFTER the speech, I will be watching the game. It is a diversion for me. It was also announced today that the game will not start until the speech is given. So the real problem is will EMPLOYED AMERICA watch? I think not.
Not blaming it on sports - blaming it on Obama! Why did he have to give in on this too, all it does is prove that the GOTP gets anything they ask for. And you are right, the only people who will be watching are the unemployed!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by gettheminNOVEMBER Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:00 pm

DesperateInRI wrote:
stillnutty wrote:Cmon now don t blame this on sports. AFTER the speech, I will be watching the game. It is a diversion for me. It was also announced today that the game will not start until the speech is given. So the real problem is will EMPLOYED AMERICA watch? I think not.
Not blaming it on sports - blaming it on Obama! Why did he have to give in on this too, all it does is prove that the GOTP gets anything they ask for. And you are right, the only people who will be watching are the unemployed!!!

It also proves the GOP and Boehner don't care about Jobs. This will blow up in their face just like assuming there are no Repub union members. I do understand your fustration. As long as Boehner is in charge in the House the jobs plan at least an effective one will never see the presidents desk. No
gettheminNOVEMBER
gettheminNOVEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post by stillnutty Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:12 pm

Here you LOUD AND CLEAR on Obama lately. One thing I heard from a talking head on MSNBC today, and I don t know if these are the facts. He stated that if both were on Wed, the debate was slated to start later than the speech. Thus giving the Repugs an immediate chance to respond and tear it down. He made it sound like it was better to let THEM have the debate first. Any thoughts on this?? I have stated earlier that I think the speech will be great and uplifting. But the result will be the SOS. Evil or Very Mad

stillnutty
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:17 pm

I guess it will give the President a chance to shoot down any criticism of his proposed jobs plan and hopefully he will once again call on the American people to contact their Senators and Reps, as he did during the debt ceiling negotiations. That did work - the White House and Capitol's servers were so jammed they failed.

My only concern is will the employed, coming home after working a 12 hour day, doing the job of 5 people in some meager paying position will want to watch the President's speech. Seems to me they will be far more likely to want to unwind and watch a football game rather than the political games we have been watching all year - it is getting old and we always know who wins!

Back to top Go down

Post by stillnutty Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:20 pm

Hear you here too, and we both know it SUX!!

stillnutty
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:25 pm

stillnutty wrote:Hear you here too, and we both know it SUX!!
It sure does, wish we could use stronger language to describe what we are living through. I have always defended the President, I voted for him and will vote for him again. He has really disappointed me on this decision, and it really isn't that much of a big deal. I just get so sick of him caving to "Wanna-Be President" Boehner!

Back to top Go down

Post by TOO OLD TO HIRE IN PA Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:04 am

DesperateInRI wrote:
TOO OLD TO HIRE IN PA wrote:After the President's speech, Americans will sit in front of the TV to watch HIGHLY paid rich athletes. Gee 100 million dollars seems to ring a bell! It wasn't until my husband went through this unemployment nightmare that I feel like never watching another football or baseball game. Many of us never even gave it a thought.
The 100 million dollar man - isn't that EX-CON Michael Vick, who doesn't have a conscience? Forty million is guaranteed, just in case he goes back to jail.
Frustrated

Oh Boo Hoo, poor guy won't make it on 40 million. My heart goes out to all those poor animals who suffered because of him. He should rot in jail!

TOO OLD TO HIRE IN PA

Back to top Go down

Post by USA Citizen Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:57 am

Obama did the right thing by bowing down to the all-powerful Boehner.
Obama knew that he shouldn't try to stand up to the Republicans.
Obama is well aware that his words will accomplish nothing.
Obama knows that he is a wind bag that people have become tired of.
Do yourself a favor and watch skip Obama's speech or at least don't watch it or listen to it. Read it later for content and determine if he has said anything worthwhile or if it is the SOS.
Obama will be best remembered as an athlete who excelled in bending over backwards for Republicans yet standing firm against the wishes of Democrats and the unemployed.
You can avoid the President's speech because you already know what he is going to say: Democrats and Republicans must work together to create jobs for Americans.
Since the Republicans will block any jobs legislation that the President proposes, then there will be no jobs and no progress.
Then Obama will blame the Republicans for the problem and the Republicans will name Obama as the problem. This will go on until the next election and then we will have four more years of gridlock.

If Obama wants to accomplish anything he will follow in FDR's footsteps and declare a state of national emergency and do what should be done.
Now is the time for actions that put Americans back to work.
USA Citizen
USA Citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by broketrucker Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:24 pm

USA Citizen wrote:Obama did the right thing by bowing down to the all-powerful Boehner.
Obama knew that he shouldn't try to stand up to the Republicans.
Obama is well aware that his words will accomplish nothing.
Obama knows that he is a wind bag that people have become tired of.
Do yourself a favor and watch skip Obama's speech or at least don't watch it or listen to it. Read it later for content and determine if he has said anything worthwhile or if it is the SOS.
Obama will be best remembered as an athlete who excelled in bending over backwards for Republicans yet standing firm against the wishes of Democrats and the unemployed.
You can avoid the President's speech because you already know what he is going to say: Democrats and Republicans must work together to create jobs for Americans.
Since the Republicans will block any jobs legislation that the President proposes, then there will be no jobs and no progress.
Then Obama will blame the Republicans for the problem and the Republicans will name Obama as the problem. This will go on until the next election and then we will have four more years of gridlock.

If Obama wants to accomplish anything he will follow in FDR's footsteps and declare a state of national emergency and do what should be done.
Now is the time for actions that put Americans back to work.

At least Obama is trying.
Just be patient
You'll get your fascist republican regime
soon enough.

broketrucker

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next