Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
Obama: Extending Unemployment Benefits Will "Help Create Jobs Right Now" - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
Obama: Extending Unemployment Benefits Will "Help Create Jobs Right Now" - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
Obama: Extending Unemployment Benefits Will "Help Create Jobs Right Now" - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
Obama: Extending Unemployment Benefits Will "Help Create Jobs Right Now" - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
Obama: Extending Unemployment Benefits Will "Help Create Jobs Right Now" - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
Obama: Extending Unemployment Benefits Will "Help Create Jobs Right Now" - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
Obama: Extending Unemployment Benefits Will "Help Create Jobs Right Now" - Page 2 EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
Obama: Extending Unemployment Benefits Will "Help Create Jobs Right Now" - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
Obama: Extending Unemployment Benefits Will "Help Create Jobs Right Now" - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
Obama: Extending Unemployment Benefits Will "Help Create Jobs Right Now" - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
Obama: Extending Unemployment Benefits Will "Help Create Jobs Right Now" - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
Obama: Extending Unemployment Benefits Will "Help Create Jobs Right Now" - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
Obama: Extending Unemployment Benefits Will "Help Create Jobs Right Now" - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
Obama: Extending Unemployment Benefits Will "Help Create Jobs Right Now" - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
Obama: Extending Unemployment Benefits Will "Help Create Jobs Right Now" - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Obama: Extending Unemployment Benefits Will "Help Create Jobs Right Now"

+12
Lacey
Hunterforjobs
jmainframe
freds
TOO OLD TO HIRE IN PA
fredm74
nfpexec
superstevies
exhaustedandtired/1208
steveninspokane
mistermunster
TR11005
16 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Obama: Extending Unemployment Benefits Will "Help Create Jobs Right Now" - Page 2 Empty Obama: Extending Unemployment Benefits Will "Help Create Jobs Right Now"

Post by Guest Mon Aug 08, 2011 2:10 pm

First topic message reminder :

PRESIDENT: "So, when Congress gets back in September I want to move quickly on things that will help the economy create jobs right now. Extending the payroll tax credit to put a thousand dollars in the pocket of the average American worker. Extending unemployment insurance to help people get back on their feet. Putting construction workers back to work rebuilding America.

"Those are all steps we can take right now that will make a difference and there is no contradiction between us taking some steps to put people to work right now and getting our long-term fiscal house in order. In fact, the more we grow the easier it will be to reduce our deficits."

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2011/08/05/obama_extending_unemployment_benefits_will_help_create_jobs_right_now.html

Back to top Go down

Obama: Extending Unemployment Benefits Will "Help Create Jobs Right Now" - Page 2 Empty Re: Obama: Extending Unemployment Benefits Will "Help Create Jobs Right Now"

Post by Lacey Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:04 pm

Thank You for the Positive posts regarding HR589, much needed & appreciated today Smile

53 yo here, & 99 since June, 2010!

Lacey

Back to top Go down

Obama: Extending Unemployment Benefits Will "Help Create Jobs Right Now" - Page 2 Empty Re: Obama: Extending Unemployment Benefits Will "Help Create Jobs Right Now"

Post by TOO OLD TO HIRE IN PA Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:29 pm

Lacey wrote:Thank You for the Positive posts regarding HR589, much needed & appreciated today Smile

53 yo here, & 99 since June, 2010!

Yes, we do need POSITIVE posts for our fight to get UI extensions.

TOO OLD TO HIRE IN PA

Back to top Go down

Post by jmainframe Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:00 pm

Hi Lacey,

I see you're a relitevely new member. Welcome.

Yeah, some have been positive, some negative. A lot of us members have been here for over 2 years now, and while hr589 is not dead, we have been disappointed too many times before, by so called representatives who continue to look the other way when it comes to the long-term unemployed, despite several telephone/email/fax//twitter campaigns. I believe one time we even brought down their system due to the high volume of one of our efforts.

Since we can't afford to send the polititions "donations", this is one of the only ways for us to get our voices heard (short of forming protest marches and rallies).

This is the best hr589 has looked for several weeks now. Polititions, and even the average citizen now realize that the unemployment rate will remain stubbornly high for the forseeable future, and that it has never taken longer for someone to find another job than it does now. Hopefully this will "convince" congress to vote on and pass hr589, or a bill similar to it.
jmainframe
jmainframe

Back to top Go down

Post by mistermunster Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:38 pm

This is all BS, First off the WHOLE NEED for UE benefits at the beginning WAS to keep us AFLOAT until THEY (The Feds, Public, Private sectors etc) got hiring going AGAIN. During all that time...THEY DID NOTHING but ignore the problem, and it got worst month by month. Now after 3+ years Feds still giving lip service to the out of work (NOT dealing with THE REAL cause). Public sectors are being hamstrung by lack of TAX revenue to support them. And FINALLY the ALMIGHTY Private sector that WE all have put OUR fates into in this thing called CAPITALISM have left us high and dry by the continued OUTSOURCING and general LACK of concern for the people of the USA. Yet they have SEEN record PROFITS, Brag about it in the media, and yet we HAVE no CONTROL or VOICE in their hiring practices or LACK there of. They built this house of cards and they expect us to DEAL with it.
mistermunster
mistermunster

Back to top Go down

Post by TR11005 Tue Aug 09, 2011 4:29 pm

There is only one way to create jobs. Someone has to die or retire, provide the employer does not outsource the job.

In the recession of early 90's, I did two temporary assignments for clients that had an employee needing surgery. That is not even happening!

Us 99ers are all history. We didn't even get a Bxw Job!

Excuses! Excuses! No action, but it is all the unemployed fault.

TR11005

Back to top Go down

Post by jmainframe Tue Aug 09, 2011 4:43 pm

TR11005 wrote:There is only one way to create jobs. Someone has to die or retire, provide the employer does not outsource the job.

In the recession of early 90's, I did two temporary assignments for clients that had an employee needing surgery. That is not even happening!

Us 99ers are all history. We didn't even get a Bxw Job!

Excuses! Excuses! No action, but it is all the unemployed fault.

Sure, blame the unemployed, the most volurable with the least political clout! Meanwhile the real culprits are congress and the greedy money-hoarding corporations, in no particular order!

Yup, this tidal wave hit this country hard, and these large corporations, with their 5 and 10 year economic forcasts saw it coming years before it ever happened.
jmainframe
jmainframe

Back to top Go down

Post by Hunterforjobs Tue Aug 09, 2011 4:53 pm

I hope 589 does pass. I need it, you need it, we all need it. We're all dying here deep inside. With the recent crashes of wall street there will be more lay offs. People are the first to go when wallstreet crashes,gotta make up the lost dough.

I'm glad its happening--the crashes on wall street--its what got us in the mess the first time, now this time it should rebuild back up and things go back to normal. I hope.
Hunterforjobs
Hunterforjobs

Back to top Go down

Post by lam Tue Aug 09, 2011 5:39 pm

Well on the bright side at least Obama mentioned the unemployed. That has not happened in Months!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! As far as the 99ers being included in any extension of benefits it will never happen. All of the 99ers are suppose to roll over and die off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lam

Back to top Go down

Post by JoanB Tue Aug 09, 2011 6:16 pm

Although I usually agree with you, I have to differ with this statement, jmainframe:

Yup, this tidal wave hit this country hard, and these large corporations, with their 5 and 10 year economic forcasts saw it coming years before it ever happened.

I think you give them way too much credit--they're a bunch of incompetents. The reason they've gained so much power is their willingnesseagerness to engage in immoral and criminal behavior.
JoanB
JoanB

Back to top Go down

Post by Hunterforjobs Tue Aug 09, 2011 6:44 pm

Wall stree gained today
Hunterforjobs
Hunterforjobs

Back to top Go down

Post by gettheminNOVEMBER Tue Aug 09, 2011 6:51 pm

Hunterforjobs wrote:Wall stree gained today

Ed Schultz said Wall St. hates Obama and they will do all they can to make sure he fails just like the Repos. So we all suffer, this country make me SICK!
gettheminNOVEMBER
gettheminNOVEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post by gettheminNOVEMBER Tue Aug 09, 2011 6:51 pm

gettheminNOVEMBER wrote:

Ed Schultz said Wall St. hates Obama and they will do all they can to make sure he fails just like the Repos. So we all suffer, this country makes me SICK!
gettheminNOVEMBER
gettheminNOVEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post by exhaustedandtired/1208 Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:27 pm

lam wrote:Well on the bright side at least Obama mentioned the unemployed. That has not happened in Months!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! As far as the 99ers being included in any extension of benefits it will never happen. All of the 99ers are suppose to roll over and die off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rest assured 99er's will not be in any extension. The repubs. will say put that extension money in jobs and both sides will say the cost for 99er's included will be too too much cost! At least 60 billion for the 14 weeks. because of all the newly added 99er's. Obama's extension talk is for renewal of tiers 1-4... so he'll fight for tier renewal with 12 mos.until they expire!

exhaustedandtired/1208

Back to top Go down

Post by tristen303 Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:41 am

gettheminNOVEMBER wrote:
gettheminNOVEMBER wrote:

Ed Schultz said Wall St. hates Obama and they will do all they can to make sure he fails just like the Repos. So we all suffer, this country makes me SICK!

Ed Schultz needs to do a little more research and a little less baiting (granted research is hard and sometimes the facts don't work out the way you want). Wall Street put Obama in office they donated far more to him then any Repub further more Goldman Sachs individuals are in place at teh Fed and Treasury then ever before, hence Goldmasn soaring profits as well as his other big donor GE.

tristen303

Back to top Go down

Post by mistermunster Wed Aug 10, 2011 2:12 am

blahblahblah
mistermunster
mistermunster

Back to top Go down

Post by jmainframe Wed Aug 10, 2011 3:08 am

JoanB wrote:Although I usually agree with you, I have to differ with this statement, jmainframe:

I think you give them way too much credit--they're a bunch of incompetents. The reason they've gained so much power is their willingnesseagerness to engage in immoral and criminal behavior.

Hi Joan,

Glad we agree on most things. I know here it's like preaching to the choir most times.

I'm not privy to the economic forecast data these companies pay millions of dollars for. And the incompetents that make up the steering committees of these companies do not have to be geniuses to read the results provided for them, especially in their Executive Summary sections. I do know, even as a slightly-more-than casual observer, that this ARTIFICIAL prosperity most americans were enjoying in the 80's and 90's was unsustainable. Eventually the debt we were piling up to keep the key economic indicators artifically high was going to blow up in our faces. Several economists predicted this would happen, that it was just a matter of time.

I do agree with you, in that I give these immoral, incompetent criminals no credit. Most rose to and maintain power by using people, taking credit for their work, and then stabbing them in the back. And unfortunately, since this behavior trickles down from the top, the remaining workers either go along with this "philosophy", or they wind up writing comments at Unemployed Friends 2.0 - IMHO.
jmainframe
jmainframe

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum