Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
Claire McCaskill Comes Out Against Further Unemployment Benefits  EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
Claire McCaskill Comes Out Against Further Unemployment Benefits  EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
Claire McCaskill Comes Out Against Further Unemployment Benefits  EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
Claire McCaskill Comes Out Against Further Unemployment Benefits  EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
Claire McCaskill Comes Out Against Further Unemployment Benefits  EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
Claire McCaskill Comes Out Against Further Unemployment Benefits  EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
Claire McCaskill Comes Out Against Further Unemployment Benefits  EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
Claire McCaskill Comes Out Against Further Unemployment Benefits  EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
Claire McCaskill Comes Out Against Further Unemployment Benefits  EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
Claire McCaskill Comes Out Against Further Unemployment Benefits  EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
Claire McCaskill Comes Out Against Further Unemployment Benefits  EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
Claire McCaskill Comes Out Against Further Unemployment Benefits  EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
Claire McCaskill Comes Out Against Further Unemployment Benefits  EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
Claire McCaskill Comes Out Against Further Unemployment Benefits  EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
Claire McCaskill Comes Out Against Further Unemployment Benefits  EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
July 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Claire McCaskill Comes Out Against Further Unemployment Benefits

+2
superstevies
mistermunster
6 posters

Go down

Claire McCaskill Comes Out Against Further Unemployment Benefits  Empty Claire McCaskill Comes Out Against Further Unemployment Benefits

Post by mistermunster Wed Aug 10, 2011 3:46 pm

mistermunster
mistermunster

Back to top Go down

Claire McCaskill Comes Out Against Further Unemployment Benefits  Empty Sen. McCaskill voices opposition to extending unemployment benefits

Post by superstevies Wed Aug 10, 2011 3:51 pm

Sen. McCaskill voices opposition to extending unemployment benefits http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/176265-sen-mccaskill-voices-opposition-to-extending-unemployment-benefits

We need to fight like we can't fight no more. I have been faxing Mary Kays letter to my Senators & my Ass of House Rep.26th dist. David Dreier (he's a worthless cause of a name) It seems like our DEMS are even slowly turing on us. Yes, I agree we need payroll tax holidays to get business to start hiring, however, until they do the unemployed & the Long-term unemployed "99er's" need help short term by extending unemployment filing dates & passing HR589.

We are not going to survive without help while these freak'n yahoo's in congress try to come up with a plan. So far the only thing they can plan on is planing to disagree. So yeah Senator McCaskill even if your words were sorta outta context, they can be devastating to our cause. DON'T give the GOP any opportunities to say..."See the democrats agree, no more extensions. Fight...Fight...Fight...& when we have no more Fight left...FIGHT!!! because if we don't NOBODY else will. I'm pissed off.
superstevies
superstevies

Back to top Go down

Claire McCaskill Comes Out Against Further Unemployment Benefits  Empty Re: Claire McCaskill Comes Out Against Further Unemployment Benefits

Post by superstevies Wed Aug 10, 2011 3:55 pm

Sorry, Mistermunster..I was so mad when I read on the hill about Senator McCaskill, I just made my post before I read you already had done so. Not trying to steal ur thunder or Overpost. My apologies.
superstevies
superstevies

Back to top Go down

Claire McCaskill Comes Out Against Further Unemployment Benefits  Empty Re: Claire McCaskill Comes Out Against Further Unemployment Benefits

Post by Jobless_in_Ma Wed Aug 10, 2011 3:56 pm

I'll merge them.
Jobless_in_Ma
Jobless_in_Ma
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.unemployed-friends2.org

Back to top Go down

Post by superstevies Wed Aug 10, 2011 4:22 pm

It's time for us to come to action with Senator McCaskill. I sent an email in opposition of her words, also called her office and finally got through after 12 calls. They said the senator supports UI bennys just not past 99 weeks. I let them know I am participatin in a federal grant program through my county in Ca. that gives payroll tax holidays dollar for dollar pay up to 6 months if they hire a 99er and still I am unable to get hired. Her words are damaging and even if wer are not in her state, I think she should get a call or eamil or tweet to inform her that she is damaging our cause to get help.
superstevies
superstevies

Back to top Go down

Post by Jobless_in_Ma Wed Aug 10, 2011 4:33 pm

I guesss we won't be seeing her signature on HR 589. MAD
Jobless_in_Ma
Jobless_in_Ma
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.unemployed-friends2.org

Back to top Go down

Post by gettheminNOVEMBER Wed Aug 10, 2011 4:35 pm

So the AZZ holes won't allow a jobs plan and won't help the unemployed. I am going to shut now. MAD MAD MAD
gettheminNOVEMBER
gettheminNOVEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post by TOO OLD TO HIRE IN PA Wed Aug 10, 2011 4:45 pm

Another Democrap not on our side. Just what we need. I tweeted her. Need to vote her out. We will remember who did not support us!

TOO OLD TO HIRE IN PA

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 10, 2011 4:52 pm

I can't believe McCaskill is against extending benefits! She was always on the side of the unemployed when fighting for 4213. She was even on the Ed Show talking about it!
moth

Back to top Go down

Post by jmainframe Wed Aug 10, 2011 6:28 pm

In these situations, you never know who's REALLY on your side or put another way, you get to know who your friends are.

I think we can add her to our s**t list. When is she up for re-election? We need to remember what she had done (a looooong memory), and have the voters (unemployed and otherwise) in her state of MO send her packing! I'm sure she'll find a job as an adjunct professor in some community college in her state.

I am really tired of these lip service, do nothing polititians who turn on people when the wind changes direction!
jmainframe
jmainframe

Back to top Go down

Post by superstevies Wed Aug 10, 2011 6:51 pm

DesperateInRI wrote:I can't believe McCaskill is against extending benefits! She was always on the side of the unemployed when fighting for 4213. She was even on the Ed Show talking about it!
moth

McCaskill is NOT against extending benefits....she is against EXTENDING BENEFITS PAST 99 WEEKS. She was very clear to say she was misquoted...but like that is any less damaging...She basically says screw the 99ers. She is however for payroll tax holidays. But those don't necessarily make companies want to hire 99ers.

I am in southern california and through the county there is a federal grant that gives $ dollar for dollar to businesses that will hire long-term unemployed people for up to 6 months in hopes that they will see we are great employees then retain us as regular employees. Well so far it's not working....even though they have the opportunity to have half of wages paid by this program not many people in it are having luck. Payroll taxholidays work similar to this. I just can't believe McCaskill would come out against benefits longer than 99 weeks. It just gives the GOP ammo for their attacks on us..
superstevies
superstevies

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum