Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
Number of the Week: Low Odds Long-Term Unemployed Will Find Work EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
Number of the Week: Low Odds Long-Term Unemployed Will Find Work EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
Number of the Week: Low Odds Long-Term Unemployed Will Find Work EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
Number of the Week: Low Odds Long-Term Unemployed Will Find Work EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
Number of the Week: Low Odds Long-Term Unemployed Will Find Work EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
Number of the Week: Low Odds Long-Term Unemployed Will Find Work EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
Number of the Week: Low Odds Long-Term Unemployed Will Find Work EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
Number of the Week: Low Odds Long-Term Unemployed Will Find Work EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
Number of the Week: Low Odds Long-Term Unemployed Will Find Work EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
Number of the Week: Low Odds Long-Term Unemployed Will Find Work EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
Number of the Week: Low Odds Long-Term Unemployed Will Find Work EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
Number of the Week: Low Odds Long-Term Unemployed Will Find Work EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
Number of the Week: Low Odds Long-Term Unemployed Will Find Work EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
Number of the Week: Low Odds Long-Term Unemployed Will Find Work EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
Number of the Week: Low Odds Long-Term Unemployed Will Find Work EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
March 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Number of the Week: Low Odds Long-Term Unemployed Will Find Work

+2
jchapman
stillnutty
6 posters

Go down

Number of the Week: Low Odds Long-Term Unemployed Will Find Work Empty Number of the Week: Low Odds Long-Term Unemployed Will Find Work

Post by Guest Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:43 am

One in Ten: Odds that a person who has been out of work for more than 27 weeks will find a job this month.

Even in good times, the likelihood of finding a new job falls the longer one is out of work. These are not good times. Job-finding rates for all unemployed workers, though inching up from recession lows, remain low by historical standards.

http://blogs.wsj.com/economics/2011/07/23/number-of-the-week-low-odds-long-term-unemployed-will-find-work/?mod=wsj_share_twitter

Back to top Go down

Number of the Week: Low Odds Long-Term Unemployed Will Find Work Empty Re: Number of the Week: Low Odds Long-Term Unemployed Will Find Work

Post by stillnutty Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:49 am

This month? TRY EVER! Sorry a little fired up this morning. Very Happy

stillnutty
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Number of the Week: Low Odds Long-Term Unemployed Will Find Work Empty Re: Number of the Week: Low Odds Long-Term Unemployed Will Find Work

Post by Guest Sat Jul 23, 2011 11:07 am

stillnutty wrote:This month? TRY EVER! Sorry a little fired up this morning. Very Happy
I know what you mean nutty! Twisted Evil

Back to top Go down

Post by jchapman Sat Jul 23, 2011 6:27 pm

This is the word of the Wall Street Journal, the Gospel according to the crowd that took billions of dollars in Federal bailout money and just got caught spending a significant part of it on $10.000 a night whores, so I reckon the long term unemployed are toast. Well, I've said it before, here it goes again, We've been told that the recession enden in June 2009. It's now been over 2 years, & by historical standards, anybody that's been looking for work should be able to find work by now.
Now either that was an outright lie, of there's a bigtime fraud going on. By fraud I mean, that the high unemployment is being manipulated by corporate America, and Wall Street is the source of the money. Which is it? One thing for sure, this will definitely continue as long as the unemployed remain silent.

Last edited by jchapman on Sun Jul 24, 2011 6:07 pm; edited 1 time in total

jchapman

Back to top Go down

Post by mscpateach Sat Jul 23, 2011 8:17 pm

I am a long term unemployed female; two years; I am 45 and I just accepted a full-time permanent position in my career field at one of the top employers in my city on Monday. I did my health assessment on Friday and I have orientation on August 1st and I will start work on August 2nd. Please don't give up hope!

mscpateach

Back to top Go down

Post by lendmeflight2 Sat Jul 23, 2011 8:25 pm

Well, there are different factors that go into this. For the purpose of this article they probably just took the amount of weeks that someone has been out of work and compared that to the amount of time spent working and not working. However, there are more jobs to apply for now than there has been in the last two years. They aren't good jobs and most pay barely above minimum wage. Two years ago even that wasn't there. So in this aspect your chances are better than they have been since the recession started. It depends on how you look at things. Things are great, or even good, but they are better. This week I found 5 starbucks that were hiring, none called me back, but last year there was no one hiring.
Just try and keep your head up.
lendmeflight2
lendmeflight2

Back to top Go down

Post by TR11005 Sat Jul 23, 2011 8:40 pm

I hope you keep your new job mscpateach. I have had my hopes set up so high many times, since 2004. Only to loose those new jobs. I hope you will never forget on how to it was and treat others looking for jobs with total respect. Congratulations and hope more will get hired.

Don't give up. The length of your Unemployment does not tell how good a worker is. Is it just getting the right calling, You never know who will call or when. That is the part the drives us inane.

TR11005

Back to top Go down

Post by jmainframe Mon Jul 25, 2011 1:15 pm

DesperateInRI wrote:
One in Ten: Odds that a person who has been out of work for more than 27 weeks will find a job this month.

Even in good times, the likelihood of finding a new job falls the longer one is out of work. These are not good times. Job-finding rates for all unemployed workers, though inching up from recession lows, remain low by historical standards.

http://blogs.wsj.com/economics/2011/07/23/number-of-the-week-low-odds-long-term-unemployed-will-find-work/?mod=wsj_share_twitter

This statement is flawed. In good times, you wouldn't have this many workers unemployed for this long! Of course, companies, with their heads up their butts, don't or won't take into consideration the fact that millions of good, talented, hard working, and responsible people are out of work due to a broken economy, and NOT because of anything that they did!
jmainframe
jmainframe

Back to top Go down

Post by lendmeflight2 Mon Jul 25, 2011 2:27 pm

They have been trying to use this as an excuse now for years. Big companies have realized that they are more profitable if they keep their payrolls low and work fewer employees to death so they justify not hiring the unemployed by saying that only the bad employees were laid off. If this is repeated enough then people start to believe that the people laid off are unemployable, that they are bad workers not deserving of a job.

lendmeflight2
lendmeflight2

Back to top Go down

Post by mscpateach Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:19 pm

I know for a fact that not all the unemployed people were bad employees because I did not get laid off or fired...I quit in June 2009 because I had a bad boss who treated me bad and I worked for an organization that knew about her bad behavior but couldn't get anyone to do the work that she did for the price that she settled for...basically they supported her bad behavior and so I chose to leave. That is how I became unemployed. Now almost two years later (I've been working contractual positions since April 2011), a masters degree and a professional certification pending, I'm blessed to be starting a full time job on Monday paying more than I made on my last job...and I don't have to supervise anyone.lol

mscpateach

Back to top Go down

Post by lendmeflight2 Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:47 pm

That's great to hear! I am glad have something, I hope it works out for you!
lendmeflight2
lendmeflight2

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down