Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
Social Enterprise To Help Long-Term Unemployed EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
Social Enterprise To Help Long-Term Unemployed EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
Social Enterprise To Help Long-Term Unemployed EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
Social Enterprise To Help Long-Term Unemployed EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
Social Enterprise To Help Long-Term Unemployed EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
Social Enterprise To Help Long-Term Unemployed EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
Social Enterprise To Help Long-Term Unemployed EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
Social Enterprise To Help Long-Term Unemployed EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
Social Enterprise To Help Long-Term Unemployed EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
Social Enterprise To Help Long-Term Unemployed EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
Social Enterprise To Help Long-Term Unemployed EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
Social Enterprise To Help Long-Term Unemployed EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
Social Enterprise To Help Long-Term Unemployed EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
Social Enterprise To Help Long-Term Unemployed EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
Social Enterprise To Help Long-Term Unemployed EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
July 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Social Enterprise To Help Long-Term Unemployed

Go down

Social Enterprise To Help Long-Term Unemployed Empty Social Enterprise To Help Long-Term Unemployed

Post by Guest Sat Jul 16, 2011 1:46 pm

http://www.ctpost.com/opinion/article/Social-enterprise-to-help-long-term-unemployed-1467840.php

Economists inform us the recent recession ended two years ago. However, the impacts have lingered longer than any other since the Great Depression. According to a recent study by McKinsey Global Institute, it may take more than 60 months for employment to recover to its pre-recession levels. By the end of the year, we may have 4 million people across this nation who have exhausted their unemployment insurance benefits and remain unemployed. Many of these "99ers" -- people who have exhausted their 99 weeks of benefits -- are close to eroding their savings and assets and wonder how much longer they can hold on to their homes.

Over the past year, The WorkPlace explored the challenges and life-changing impacts long-term unemployment has on 99ers. We discovered that 99ers face social, emotional and skill deficiencies caused by their long-term unemployment. We realized that only by eliminating employer risk during the hiring process will 99ers be evaluated fairly.

I am very pleased to report that The WorkPlace has raised more than $500,000 in private investment to support a program called Platform to Employment (P2E). The program is a public-private partnership giving businesses a risk-free opportunity to evaluate and consider hiring 99ers during an eight-week work experience program. During the eight weeks, wages will be subsidized with private investment funds and workers will be on the payroll of my organization. By eliminating employer risk during the hiring process, we will break down a significant structural barrier that 99ers face when seeking employment.

Back to top Go down

Social Enterprise To Help Long-Term Unemployed Empty Re: Social Enterprise To Help Long-Term Unemployed

Post by jmainframe Sat Jul 16, 2011 2:15 pm

Wow, very good news indeed! These private investors are the forces of good and need to be commended for their efforts. This program is a great start and needs to be expanded, so that every one of the millions of exhaustees looking for work will be able to find work.
jmainframe
jmainframe

Back to top Go down

Social Enterprise To Help Long-Term Unemployed Empty Re: Social Enterprise To Help Long-Term Unemployed

Post by Guest Sat Jul 16, 2011 2:22 pm

I hope it catches on everywhere! It is a great thing that they are doing. Its nice to see people care and want to help.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 16, 2011 2:51 pm

This is exactly what's needed everywhere. Just wait until they see how successful they are at hiring longterm unemployed, 99ers and people over 40. That should shut a few critics up!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 16, 2011 7:41 pm

I've also read that this might turn into a job share type of program to get more 99's working by getting back in the workforce at 20 hrs, still no risk to any employers. Hope it takes off all over the Country.

Back to top Go down

Post by jmainframe Sun Jul 17, 2011 7:20 am

disgustedwithgovt wrote:I've also read that this might turn into a job share type of program to get more 99's working by getting back in the workforce at 20 hrs, still no risk to any employers. Hope it takes off all over the Country.

I suppose half a loaf is better than nothing at all. I just hope they don't lose sight of the fact that these jobs need to pay a living wage.
jmainframe
jmainframe

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down