Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
Finally had an interview today. - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
Finally had an interview today. - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
Finally had an interview today. - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
Finally had an interview today. - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
Finally had an interview today. - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
Finally had an interview today. - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
Finally had an interview today. - Page 2 EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
Finally had an interview today. - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
Finally had an interview today. - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
Finally had an interview today. - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
Finally had an interview today. - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
Finally had an interview today. - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
Finally had an interview today. - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
Finally had an interview today. - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
Finally had an interview today. - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Finally had an interview today.

+9
Hunterforjobs
americatheneedy
Jobless_in_Ma
couth11
jmainframe
Sad American
ExhaustedinCA
JoanB
lendmeflight2
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Finally had an interview today. - Page 2 Empty Finally had an interview today.

Post by lendmeflight2 Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:36 pm

First topic message reminder :

I had an interview with Apple retail today. It was really odd. They had group interviews set up for everyone. I was told by someone that they received around 10,000 resumes for 60 positions. They picked 360 of those to come to 12 group interviews.

I went at 1 pm today. It lasted for over two hours. In the introduction they told us how lucky we were to be picked to even get this far. If we don't get hired keep applying. They said it was easier to get into Harvard than to get hired by Apple. They said that Apple accepts a smaller percentage of applicants than Stanford and Harvard both.
First I had to learn about the guy beside me and then we introduced each other to the entire room of 30 people.

After that we watched some videos talking about how great the company is.
The we counted off to 6. I was a 6 so all 6's grouped together. Then all the interviewers traveled around and asked everyone in the group a question. They got all the answers and then everyone met back together again.

They had a question and answer time for the us to ask them questions. A lot of people asked the dumbest questions like "when will this product be released?".
I only had job interview questions. I am not a "cult of Mac" guy and I told them so. I told them I was here because I liked the culture of the company and how their system works. I do believe in the products and use them for some things and I did mention that.

I got out at 3:30 and at 4:15 they called me and asked me to come in on Friday for a second interview. If I pass this I am hired.

This will work out because the job starts on 8/17 and I become a 99er on 8/9.

Here's hoping that it will work out.
lendmeflight2
lendmeflight2

Back to top Go down

Finally had an interview today. - Page 2 Empty Re: Finally had an interview today.

Post by jmainframe Mon Jul 25, 2011 5:46 pm

Sorry to hear this Lendme. I know you must be very disappointed because you got so far in the process. It is encouraging that you got that far though. That's a positive.

Something will turn up, and when it does, it will be Apple's loss.
jmainframe
jmainframe

Back to top Go down

Finally had an interview today. - Page 2 Empty Re: Finally had an interview today.

Post by lendmeflight2 Mon Jul 25, 2011 5:59 pm

Damn right it's their loss. Funny story. = When my friend got hired there 4 years ago they called or emailed him and told him that they hired someone else instead. Then a couple days later they called him again and said that they notified the wrong person and that they meant to hire him instead. I often wonder what happened to the person they offered the job to by mistake.
lendmeflight2
lendmeflight2

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 25, 2011 6:08 pm

lendme, you have a great attitude, I admire it so much. I am so sorry this has happened to you. I will keep praying that something even better comes up for you.

Back to top Go down

Post by lendmeflight2 Mon Jul 25, 2011 6:10 pm

Thanks Mary Kay. I have an insider, a friend of a friend, at costco. I was told that they pulled my resume yesterday and to expect a call within 2 days. It didn't happen today. I ain't holding my breath but that would be a good company to work for.

lendmeflight2
lendmeflight2

Back to top Go down

Post by JoanB Mon Jul 25, 2011 6:40 pm

I'm so sorry, lendme...I thought you had it in the bag.

I'll keep hoping for you. Costco's supposed to be a good employer, or so I hear.

JoanB
JoanB

Back to top Go down

Post by lendmeflight2 Mon Jul 25, 2011 6:47 pm

Yeah, JoanB, I have to admit that I am surprised. I though that I would at least get an offer for part time if they were iffy on me. I have 15 years experience in the field and NO wage demands, I have a local business owner that will give me a reference saying that he currently employs me and I still can't even get on part time.

They are hiring 100 people. I didn't even make the top 100.
lendmeflight2
lendmeflight2

Back to top Go down

Post by lendmeflight2 Mon Jul 25, 2011 7:41 pm

Since I am a 99er today, I feel like I can uncover some of anonymity.

I emailed Arthur Delaney at the Huffington Post and told him my story and he quoted it in the Delaney Dailey Downer.

Lol, keep ya heads up guys.
lendmeflight2
lendmeflight2

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:02 pm

Sorry about the job, lendme. I had a similar interview at Kohl's before the holidays - I really thought I would get one of the temp, part-time positions. Same thing, thousands of applicants for one location and rejection after the second interview - no reason.

Hoping Costco works out, it is a good place to work, isn't it?

I will be watching for you in Arthur Delaney's Daily Downer. Thanks for doing that. You, MaryKay and E.T. (CNN Money - yesterday) deserve a lot of credit for what you do.

Thanks again from a fellow "99er".

Back to top Go down

Post by lendmeflight2 Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:06 pm

Here is a link to the news letter Desperate. I wish I had proofread that before letting him quote it. I typed I am not a 99er instead of I am now a 99er.

Maybe he will see my email and change it.

Last edited by lendmeflight2 on Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
lendmeflight2
lendmeflight2

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:18 pm

DAILY DELANEY DOWNER - Writes Lendmeflight2 of Charlotte, N.C. to DDD just a few minutes ago: "I applied for any position at an Apple retail store that is opening here next month. My resume was picked from 10,000 applicants. At least that's how many they told us they received. They 500 people to go to a group interview. I was called back within an hour of leaving the interview to come to a final interview this past Friday. I went to that and didn't get the vibe from the guy that I was 'on the team' so to speak but he said they would contact us all on Tuesday or Wednesday. Today I received my last unemployment check, I am not a 99er. At 2:30 today I received a rejection email stating that Apple had moved forward with candidates that meet the needs of today. I have 15 years retail experience, 5 of which are in management, and I can't even get a part time spot with Apple retail."
As Joe Biden would say, "Hang in there."

Don't be bashful: Send tips/stories/photos/events/fundraisers/job movement/juicy miscellanea to huffposthill@huffingtonpost.com. Follow us on Twitter - @HuffPostHill

Back to top Go down

Post by gettheminNOVEMBER Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:33 pm

DesperateInRI wrote:
DAILY DELANEY DOWNER - Writes Lendmeflight2 of Charlotte, N.C. to DDD just a few minutes ago: "I applied for any position at an Apple retail store that is opening here next month. My resume was picked from 10,000 applicants. At least that's how many they told us they received. They 500 people to go to a group interview. I was called back within an hour of leaving the interview to come to a final interview this past Friday. I went to that and didn't get the vibe from the guy that I was 'on the team' so to speak but he said they would contact us all on Tuesday or Wednesday. Today I received my last unemployment check, I am not a 99er. At 2:30 today I received a rejection email stating that Apple had moved forward with candidates that meet the needs of today. I have 15 years retail experience, 5 of which are in management, and I can't even get a part time spot with Apple retail."

Don't be bashful: Send tips/stories/photos/events/fundraisers/job movement/juicy miscellanea to huffposthill@huffingtonpost.com. Follow us on Twitter - @HuffPostHill

Sorry you did not get the job. Congrats for making the Huff Post. Lendme.
gettheminNOVEMBER
gettheminNOVEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post by lendmeflight2 Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:38 pm

I just wish it was something more positive. Ya know, like "On the day he became a 99er, lendmeflight2 finally got a job".
lendmeflight2
lendmeflight2

Back to top Go down

Post by gettheminNOVEMBER Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:42 pm

lendmeflight2 wrote:I just wish it was something more positive. Ya know, like "On the day he became a 99er, lendmeflight2 finally got a job".

I was wishing the same thing when I read the article. Finally had an interview today. - Page 2 681285
gettheminNOVEMBER
gettheminNOVEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:44 pm

lendmeflight2 wrote:I just wish it was something more positive. Ya know, like "On the day he became a 99er, lendmeflight2 finally got a job".
This would be too good to be true and add ammunition to those that say, "See, when their unemployment runs out, they start looking for a job".

Just kidding, but if it were true, I would have had a job on March 27, 2010.

Thanks again for contacting Art Delaney and telling this story. More people (including me) need to do this to raise awareness of just how scarce ANY job is.

Back to top Go down

Post by lendmeflight2 Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:46 pm

Yeah I worked with him when EB was cut off in April. He checks in from time to time to see how I am. I like it. It let's me know someone out there gives a crap. You guys do the same thing. That's why I like posting here.
lendmeflight2
lendmeflight2

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:10 pm

[quote="lendmeflight2"]I just wish it was something more positive. Ya know, like "On the day he became a 99er, lendmeflight2 finally got a job". [/quote

You put yourself out there lendme. It's not that easy, but my hat's off to you. I sent him our letter and thanked him for his many articles in support of the unemployed and the 99ers.

I just know you are going to land something, and I don't think it was negative at all. Thanks from all of us for doing that.

Back to top Go down

Post by lendmeflight2 Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:16 pm

I will land something eventually but the clock is ticking. I can pay one months rent. So, it this second thing doesn't take I'm done.

lendmeflight2
lendmeflight2

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 26, 2011 7:37 am

DesperateInRI wrote:

Finally had an interview today. - Page 2 34243

Back to top Go down

Post by TR11005 Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:41 am

"Hang in there" is a bad choice of words among frustrated unemployed. It has suicidal ideas. Some could take it to hang over there. Finally had an interview today. - Page 2 806957 Some are already at the end of their rope.

Asking to create jobs is not even a bad joke anymore.

TR11005

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2