Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
Crew of 42: Lee on 99ers EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
Crew of 42: Lee on 99ers EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
Crew of 42: Lee on 99ers EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
Crew of 42: Lee on 99ers EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
Crew of 42: Lee on 99ers EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
Crew of 42: Lee on 99ers EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
Crew of 42: Lee on 99ers EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
Crew of 42: Lee on 99ers EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
Crew of 42: Lee on 99ers EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
Crew of 42: Lee on 99ers EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
Crew of 42: Lee on 99ers EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
Crew of 42: Lee on 99ers EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
Crew of 42: Lee on 99ers EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
Crew of 42: Lee on 99ers EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
Crew of 42: Lee on 99ers EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
November 2019
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
     12
3456789
10111213141516
17181920212223
24252627282930

Calendar Calendar


Crew of 42: Lee on 99ers

Go down

Crew of 42: Lee on 99ers Empty Crew of 42: Lee on 99ers

Post by ExhaustedinCA on Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:01 pm

Lee said that with regard to talks she and the CBC has had with President Obama regarding “unemployment benefits” it has been specifically on the 14-week extension called for in H.R. 589.


http://www.crewof42.com/cbc/lee-on-99ers-obama-understood-we-were-talking-on-99ers/
ExhaustedinCA
ExhaustedinCA
Member

Posts : 71
Join date : 2011-05-11
Age : 46
Location : Riverside, CA

Back to top Go down

Crew of 42: Lee on 99ers Empty Re: Crew of 42: Lee on 99ers

Post by MoInSTL on Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:12 pm

Thanks for the link. I left a comment...we all should! It takes less than a minute. It is not up yet, it's awaiting moderation.
MoInSTL
MoInSTL
Member

Posts : 316
Join date : 2011-02-17
Age : 64

Back to top Go down

Crew of 42: Lee on 99ers Empty Re: Crew of 42: Lee on 99ers

Post by ExhaustedinCA on Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:37 pm

I left a comment as well, and you're right EVERYONE should!!

Crew of 42: Lee on 99ers 34243
ExhaustedinCA
ExhaustedinCA
Member

Posts : 71
Join date : 2011-05-11
Age : 46
Location : Riverside, CA

Back to top Go down

Crew of 42: Lee on 99ers Empty Re: Crew of 42: Lee on 99ers

Post by MoInSTL on Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:01 pm

ExhaustedinCA, you are absolutely right Crew of 42: Lee on 99ers 34243
MoInSTL
MoInSTL
Member

Posts : 316
Join date : 2011-02-17
Age : 64

Back to top Go down

Crew of 42: Lee on 99ers Empty Re: Crew of 42: Lee on 99ers

Post by TruthBTold on Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:27 pm

I certainly hope so. And I also hope they do something about these ridiculous "minimum unemployment rate TUR" cutoffs that are effecting the tiers. Too many states seem to be stuck JUST below the minimum required TUR's.

TruthBTold
Member

Posts : 27
Join date : 2011-07-15
Location : Neptune, NJ

Back to top Go down

Crew of 42: Lee on 99ers Empty Re: Crew of 42: Lee on 99ers

Post by Jobless_in_Ma on Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:34 pm

If rep Lee is saying Obama knew exactly what they were talking about then I believe her. The debt negotiations would be the perfect bill to get a compromise on unemployment. Hoever it is going to come on the backs of medicaid and SS cuts in the future.

_________________
Thanks to all members for participating in the discussions. Crew of 42: Lee on 99ers 780423
Jobless_in_Ma
Jobless_in_Ma
Administrator
Administrator

Posts : 2348
Join date : 2011-02-16
Age : 45
Location : Ma

http://www.unemployed-friends2.org

Back to top Go down

Crew of 42: Lee on 99ers Empty Re: Crew of 42: Lee on 99ers

Post by TruthBTold on Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:59 pm

so in all seriousness, what does everything think the odds are that 99ers will IN FACT be included in this "Big Deal"?

TruthBTold
Member

Posts : 27
Join date : 2011-07-15
Location : Neptune, NJ

Back to top Go down

Crew of 42: Lee on 99ers Empty Re: Crew of 42: Lee on 99ers

Post by gettheminNOVEMBER on Tue Jul 19, 2011 5:29 pm

TruthBTold wrote:so in all seriousness, what does everything think the odds are that 99ers will IN FACT be included in this "Big Deal"?

Tricky question since it depends on the amount of people that contact their reps and fight for it.

One thing I can say the 99er numbers are growing quick and more people are joining the fight for survival.

I like to bet and gamble so I give it a 1 in 20 shot Question If you want to increase the odds well pick up the phone Crew of 42: Lee on 99ers 450627 and educate others on how to stand up and fight. Crew of 42: Lee on 99ers 562135

gettheminNOVEMBER
gettheminNOVEMBER
Member

Posts : 2626
Join date : 2011-02-21
Age : 45

Back to top Go down

Crew of 42: Lee on 99ers Empty Re: Crew of 42: Lee on 99ers

Post by exhaustedandtired/1208 on Tue Jul 19, 2011 5:41 pm

Jobless_in_Ma wrote:If rep Lee is saying Obama knew exactly what they were talking about then I believe her. The debt negotiations would be the perfect bill to get a compromise on unemployment. Hoever it is going to come on the backs of medicaid and SS cuts in the future.


sorry and with respect, the odds of getting any consideration for 99er's weeks is about 1million to 1 against! And any unemployment extension talk is better odds that would be about 500,000 to 1.. But it is encouraging!

exhaustedandtired/1208
Member

Posts : 863
Join date : 2011-02-17
Age : 72

Back to top Go down

Crew of 42: Lee on 99ers Empty Re: Crew of 42: Lee on 99ers

Post by gettheminNOVEMBER on Tue Jul 19, 2011 5:46 pm

exhaustedandtired/1208 wrote:
Jobless_in_Ma wrote:If rep Lee is saying Obama knew exactly what they were talking about then I believe her. The debt negotiations would be the perfect bill to get a compromise on unemployment. Hoever it is going to come on the backs of medicaid and SS cuts in the future.


sorry and with respect, the odds of getting any consideration for 99er's weeks is about 1million to 1 against! And any unemployment extension talk is better odds that would be about 500,000 to 1.. But it is encouraging!

Way to encourage people 1208. Really great job Rolling Eyes I was going to tweet some more but hell with it, I have a job.
gettheminNOVEMBER
gettheminNOVEMBER
Member

Posts : 2626
Join date : 2011-02-21
Age : 45

Back to top Go down

Crew of 42: Lee on 99ers Empty Re: Crew of 42: Lee on 99ers

Post by superstevies on Tue Jul 19, 2011 5:53 pm

I keep contacting my rep...But it's worthless. MY rep. here in So. Cal. is David Dreier....WORTHLESS HATER He is not for Unemployment Benefits what so ever. SO it's tough. SO I continue to contact WaysMeansCmte, POTUS, HOUSE Leadership & Senate leadership.

The only thing I think is a little shady is that Why did Rep. Lee wait until now to clarify about POTUS discussing Unemployment Benefits Meaning help for 99ers or HR589. If this were the case, she should have clarifed right after the Huff Post Article w/ Harry Reid Interv. That was last week.

I have said over & over that I can only HOPE this is ture, because HOPE is about all I have left. So, Here's to HOPE!!! Salute!!!
superstevies
superstevies
Member

Posts : 256
Join date : 2011-02-23
Location : Rncho Cucamga, CA

Back to top Go down

Crew of 42: Lee on 99ers Empty Re: Crew of 42: Lee on 99ers

Post by TOO OLD TO HIRE IN PA on Tue Jul 19, 2011 6:17 pm

gettheminNOVEMBER wrote:
exhaustedandtired/1208 wrote:
Jobless_in_Ma wrote:If rep Lee is saying Obama knew exactly what they were talking about then I believe her. The debt negotiations would be the perfect bill to get a compromise on unemployment. Hoever it is going to come on the backs of medicaid and SS cuts in the future.


sorry and with respect, the odds of getting any consideration for 99er's weeks is about 1million to 1 against! And any unemployment extension talk is better odds that would be about 500,000 to 1.. But it is encouraging!

Way to encourage people 1208. Really great job Rolling Eyes I was going to tweet some more but hell with it, I have a job.

GETTHEM, Please don't stop doing what you are doing. It is wonderful that people like you that have jobs are still supporting people like my husband. As we posted on another thread, many of the people who got jobs and PROMISED to continued to support the unemployed have disappeared. Blessings to you!

TOO OLD TO HIRE IN PA
Member

Posts : 329
Join date : 2011-02-21
Location : Pennsylvania

Back to top Go down

Crew of 42: Lee on 99ers Empty Re: Crew of 42: Lee on 99ers

Post by fredm74 on Tue Jul 19, 2011 6:26 pm

That's encouraging news. All that needs to be done is to attached HR589 to the debt ceiling for it to pass. Otherwise, all of this would be for nothing.

fredm74
Member

Posts : 30
Join date : 2011-03-26

Back to top Go down

Crew of 42: Lee on 99ers Empty Re: Crew of 42: Lee on 99ers

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum