Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
Obama Walks Out Of Tense Debt Ceiling Meeting EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
Obama Walks Out Of Tense Debt Ceiling Meeting EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
Obama Walks Out Of Tense Debt Ceiling Meeting EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
Obama Walks Out Of Tense Debt Ceiling Meeting EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
Obama Walks Out Of Tense Debt Ceiling Meeting EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
Obama Walks Out Of Tense Debt Ceiling Meeting EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
Obama Walks Out Of Tense Debt Ceiling Meeting EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
Obama Walks Out Of Tense Debt Ceiling Meeting EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
Obama Walks Out Of Tense Debt Ceiling Meeting EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
Obama Walks Out Of Tense Debt Ceiling Meeting EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
Obama Walks Out Of Tense Debt Ceiling Meeting EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
Obama Walks Out Of Tense Debt Ceiling Meeting EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
Obama Walks Out Of Tense Debt Ceiling Meeting EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
Obama Walks Out Of Tense Debt Ceiling Meeting EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
Obama Walks Out Of Tense Debt Ceiling Meeting EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Obama Walks Out Of Tense Debt Ceiling Meeting

+5
Redpossum
Hunterforjobs
Jobless_in_Ma
mistermunster
gettheminNOVEMBER
9 posters

Go down

Obama Walks Out Of Tense Debt Ceiling Meeting Empty Obama Walks Out Of Tense Debt Ceiling Meeting

Post by Guest Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:16 pm

President Barack Obama walked out of a contentious meeting in ongoing talks to raise the nation's debt limit on Wednesday, an aide tells Reuters.

Politico reports that House Majority Leader Eric Cantor said the president stormed out of the negotiating session with top congressional lawmakers.

The Hill reports that House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi disputed Cantor's account of what occurred at the end of the meeting.

"Cantor's account of tonight's meeting is completely overblown," a House Democratic aide told HuffPost. "For someone who knows how to walk out of a meeting, you'd think he['d] know it when he saw it. Cantor rudely interrupted the President three times to advocate for short-term debt ceiling increases while the President was wrapping the meeting. This is just more juvenile behavior from him and Boehner needs to rein him in, and let the grown-ups get to work."

A GOP aide told Reuters after Wednesday's meeting that the president would not renegotiate his bottom line as to what he would compromise in the ongoing discussions. According to the aide Obama said, "I have reached the point where I say enough." He reportedly added, "Would Ronald Reagan be sitting here? I've reached my limit. This may bring my presidency down, but I will not yield on this

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/07/13/obama-debt-ceiling-meeting_n_897815.html

Back to top Go down

Obama Walks Out Of Tense Debt Ceiling Meeting Empty Re: Obama Walks Out Of Tense Debt Ceiling Meeting

Post by Guest Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:18 pm

“Obama lit him up. Cantor sat in stunned silence,” said an official in the meeting. “It was incredible. If the public saw Obama he would win in a landslide.”

http://theobamadiary.com/2011/07/13/obama-lit-him-up-cantor-sat-in-stunned-silence/

Obama Walks Out Of Tense Debt Ceiling Meeting 938557

Back to top Go down

Obama Walks Out Of Tense Debt Ceiling Meeting Empty Re: Obama Walks Out Of Tense Debt Ceiling Meeting

Post by gettheminNOVEMBER Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:21 pm

Obama can JUST SAY NO! cheers McConnell is running scared too. cheers cheers

gettheminNOVEMBER
gettheminNOVEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post by mistermunster Thu Jul 14, 2011 3:28 am

McConnell is a BLeep Chump NEEDS to retire. Tortoise faced BLeep
mistermunster
mistermunster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:17 am

surprise
Cantor explained to reporters that he told Obama he would hold multiple votes on short-term debt limit increases to allow more time to negotiate a final deal. Democratic officials said this is when Obama “lit into” Cantor for 10 minutes while the No. 2 Republican in the House “sat there speechless.”

“He said he had sat here long enough. ‘No other president, Ronald Reagan wouldn’t sit here like this,’ and he’s reached the point that something’s got to give,” Cantor said of Obama’s final exchange. “So he said, ‘You’ve either got to compromise on your dollar-for-dollar insistence or you’ve got to compromise on the big deal.’ Which means raising taxes.

“He said to me: ‘Eric, don’t call my bluff. I’m going to the American people with this.’ I was somewhat taken aback,” the Virginia Republican said.

Cantor said the president then “shoved back, said, ‘I’ll see ya tomorrow,’ and he walked out.”

http://www.rollcall.com/news/credit_warning_piles_pressure_on_already_tense_negotiations-207302-1.html

Back to top Go down

Post by Jobless_in_Ma Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:29 am

Good for him. Stick it to them like they've been doing to you. Expose them for what they really are.
Jobless_in_Ma
Jobless_in_Ma
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.unemployed-friends2.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Hunterforjobs Thu Jul 14, 2011 10:36 am

Next meeting he should carry a whip.
Hunterforjobs
Hunterforjobs

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:00 pm

wow, this is almost better than watching General Hospital! LOL

I'm glad the President isn't taking crap from Cantor. The lack of respect the GOP has shown to our president, whether they "like" him or not, is disgusting.

Back to top Go down

Post by Redpossum Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:25 pm

Yeah, Obama did alright.

But imagine what Jesse Ventura would have done to Cantor

(announcer voice) "OHHH, and it's an elbow from the sky! Off the top rope! Oh my, that's gotta hurt!"

Redpossum

http://possumhole.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:29 pm

LMAO I can picture it!

Back to top Go down

Post by TR11005 Thu Jul 14, 2011 5:42 pm

I hope Cantor had to change his underwear. This what we have been waiting from President Obama.

TR11005

Back to top Go down

Post by Redpossum Thu Jul 14, 2011 5:45 pm

TR11005 wrote:I hope Cantor had to change his underwear. This what we have been waiting from President Obama.

Well, maybe. Hopefully. But let's remember he still seems to be arguing in favor of cutting Social Security as part of his big $4B plan. I'm not about to cheer for that idea.

Redpossum

Back to top Go down

Post by Jobless_in_Ma Thu Jul 14, 2011 5:48 pm

Redpossum wrote:
TR11005 wrote:I hope Cantor had to change his underwear. This what we have been waiting from President Obama.

Well, maybe. Hopefully. But let's remember he still seems to be arguing in favor of cutting Social Security as part of his big $4B plan. I'm not about to cheer for that idea.
That would be a 4T as in Trillion.
What Obama is doing is offering a compromise, something the GOP has not done nor will.
Jobless_in_Ma
Jobless_in_Ma
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.unemployed-friends2.org

Back to top Go down

Post by lendmeflight2 Thu Jul 14, 2011 8:13 pm

He has never said he would cut social security BUT I dont have any faith that he won't offer that.

However, I think the tide is turning. He may be and SHOULD be beyond that now. If he goes to the people with it he won't have to cut it because they will support him overwhelmingly.
lendmeflight2
lendmeflight2

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 14, 2011 8:26 pm

Well, the Teavangelists are certainly screwing up the works, that's for sure. And now the Corporations and Banks are screaming at their paid for candidates to get this done and get it done soon. So, we can see how committed they are to jobs, cutting the deficit and insuring this doesn't happen again. They are not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 14, 2011 8:27 pm

Eric Cantor razbery

Back to top Go down

Post by Redpossum Thu Jul 14, 2011 8:57 pm

I have only one question -

What About The 99ers?!?!?!?!?

Redpossum

Back to top Go down

Post by cheri Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:14 pm

Redpossum wrote:I have only one question -

What About The 99ers?!?!?!?!?
There is nothing about the 99ers and I really don't think they care anymore. If they did I think they would have helped us by now don't you?????????

cheri

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:24 pm

All of this debt ceiling drama was designed to distract everyone from talking about the real issues like the 99ers.

They will never help the long term unemployed and there is no help coming and the sooner you all face that fact the better off you will be.

When Obama said he wanted global wealth redistribution he wasn't joking

Back to top Go down

Post by kjps12 Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:31 pm

there was a guy on keith olberman just now talking about the debt talks today and he said some of the things obama wanted in in exchange for cuts was something with unemployment insurance. will try to find a link for show

kjps12

Back to top Go down

Post by Redpossum Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:42 pm

kjps12 wrote:there was a guy on keith olberman just now talking about the debt talks today and he said some of the things obama wanted in in exchange for cuts was something with unemployment insurance. will try to find a link for show

Read about that yesterday. It's not about adding weeks for the 99ers, it's about allowing those laid off more recently to collect the extensions up to 72 or 99 weeks.

They do not want to help the 99ers, because if they helped us they'd have to admit that they're been leaving us out of their unemployment figures. Adding us back in to the official UI figure would blow it well up over 10%, and no way Obama is going to let that happen when he's in campaign mode.

The CBC, or Congressional Black Caucus, are the only ones in Congress still talking about helping the 99ers, but in a worrisome move, recently even they have started talking specifically about black unemployment, rather than unemployment overall.

Redpossum

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down