Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
Was just reading this article about the debt ceiling. What do you think the chances are.... EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
Was just reading this article about the debt ceiling. What do you think the chances are.... EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
Was just reading this article about the debt ceiling. What do you think the chances are.... EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
Was just reading this article about the debt ceiling. What do you think the chances are.... EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
Was just reading this article about the debt ceiling. What do you think the chances are.... EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
Was just reading this article about the debt ceiling. What do you think the chances are.... EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
Was just reading this article about the debt ceiling. What do you think the chances are.... EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
Was just reading this article about the debt ceiling. What do you think the chances are.... EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
Was just reading this article about the debt ceiling. What do you think the chances are.... EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
Was just reading this article about the debt ceiling. What do you think the chances are.... EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
Was just reading this article about the debt ceiling. What do you think the chances are.... EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
Was just reading this article about the debt ceiling. What do you think the chances are.... EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
Was just reading this article about the debt ceiling. What do you think the chances are.... EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
Was just reading this article about the debt ceiling. What do you think the chances are.... EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
Was just reading this article about the debt ceiling. What do you think the chances are.... EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Was just reading this article about the debt ceiling. What do you think the chances are....

Go down

Was just reading this article about the debt ceiling. What do you think the chances are.... Empty Was just reading this article about the debt ceiling. What do you think the chances are....

Post by Angelicrisis Sat Jun 25, 2011 1:18 am

HR589 could be put in this compromise. Boehner'a back is kinda against the wall. Opinions please.

Heres the article:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/06/24/john-boehner-debt-ceiling-talks-tea-party_n_884400.html

Angelicrisis

Back to top Go down

Was just reading this article about the debt ceiling. What do you think the chances are.... Empty Re: Was just reading this article about the debt ceiling. What do you think the chances are....

Post by Guest Sat Jun 25, 2011 7:03 am

Okay. I think HR589 is outdated and needs amended quite "yesterday", following the ever loving steps of any of these cats is like laying on the road waiting for a rail and road and engine to be built just to run us over, and lastly if anyone doesn't want to "lay on the tracks" please keep posted to this forum because just simply put I can't stand for nonsense anymore and we'll be making the moves to let loose on these dummies.

Thanks for asking. I hope everyone is up for the challenge.

Jazzy X

Back to top Go down

Was just reading this article about the debt ceiling. What do you think the chances are.... Empty Re: Was just reading this article about the debt ceiling. What do you think the chances are....

Post by Guest Sat Jun 25, 2011 10:23 am

Madden said: "He has made it clear from the beginning. Tax hikes are off the table, and he's aligned with public sentiment on this. It's the president who is going to have to move toward Boehner on this."

Im so sick of hearing that!!! Public sentiment? many of the richest in the country have written letters saying they want to be taxed more and that they dont think its fair!! The ones that want the tax cuts are the big corps, thats who they mean by "public sentiment" why not just say Corporate sentiment and say what you mean!!

Sorry for the rant, but I am so sick of these people saying "thats what America wants" NO IT ISNT!!

MAD

I do think it would be a perfect opportunity to squeeze 99er legislation in this deal. I remember a while back reading on crew of 42 that Obama mentioned the possibility of adding HR 589 to some big piece of legislation. It was just a thought and never heard anything about it again.

Back to top Go down

Post by Angelicrisis Sat Jun 25, 2011 11:25 am

X wrote:Okay. I think HR589 is outdated and needs amended quite "yesterday", following the ever loving steps of any of these cats is like laying on the road waiting for a rail and road and engine to be built just to run us over, and lastly if anyone doesn't want to "lay on the tracks" please keep posted to this forum because just simply put I can't stand for nonsense anymore and we'll be making the moves to let loose on these dummies.

Thanks for asking. I hope everyone is up for the challenge.

Jazzy X

Agreed X, 14 weeks is not enough at this point. If America is to heal we need a bigger bandage while they fix the infrastructure problems and stop the wars (imho). Common sense, but it feels like Washington just wants things to get worse.

Angelicrisis

Back to top Go down

Post by Angelicrisis Sat Jun 25, 2011 11:30 am

Sick & Tired wrote:
Madden said: "He has made it clear from the beginning. Tax hikes are off the table, and he's aligned with public sentiment on this. It's the president who is going to have to move toward Boehner on this."

Im so sick of hearing that!!! Public sentiment? many of the richest in the country have written letters saying they want to be taxed more and that they dont think its fair!! The ones that want the tax cuts are the big corps, thats who they mean by "public sentiment" why not just say Corporate sentiment and say what you mean!!

Sorry for the rant, but I am so sick of these people saying "thats what America wants" NO IT ISNT!!

MAD

I do think it would be a perfect opportunity to squeeze 99er legislation in this deal. I remember a while back reading on crew of 42 that Obama mentioned the possibility of adding HR 589 to some big piece of legislation. It was just a thought and never heard anything about it again.

Sorry for the rant? Look at who you are talking to....lol. Yeah MSM is running out of steam though. I feel with the attempted cuts to medicare, medicaid,Vets benefits, America may be awake at this point.

I read that part of the article of Crew 42 as well and I do believe know would be the perfect time also to introduce HR589, but I do think it needs to be revised, like above 14 weeks is not going to be enough at this point, they've waited too long, and hopefully this works to our vantage, all of this could be pre-meditated for the debt-ceiling theatrics.

Sure Hope so.

Angelicrisis

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down