Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
Remote Freelancing Site - Worth Taking A Look At! EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
Remote Freelancing Site - Worth Taking A Look At! EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
Remote Freelancing Site - Worth Taking A Look At! EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
Remote Freelancing Site - Worth Taking A Look At! EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
Remote Freelancing Site - Worth Taking A Look At! EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
Remote Freelancing Site - Worth Taking A Look At! EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
Remote Freelancing Site - Worth Taking A Look At! EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
Remote Freelancing Site - Worth Taking A Look At! EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
Remote Freelancing Site - Worth Taking A Look At! EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
Remote Freelancing Site - Worth Taking A Look At! EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
Remote Freelancing Site - Worth Taking A Look At! EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
Remote Freelancing Site - Worth Taking A Look At! EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
Remote Freelancing Site - Worth Taking A Look At! EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
Remote Freelancing Site - Worth Taking A Look At! EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
Remote Freelancing Site - Worth Taking A Look At! EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
March 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Remote Freelancing Site - Worth Taking A Look At!

Go down

Remote Freelancing Site - Worth Taking A Look At! Empty Remote Freelancing Site - Worth Taking A Look At!

Post by Guest Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:51 pm

Hi All,

I recently came across a website that I think has some real merit for individuals who would like to put their skill set to good use and make some income. My post is not an endorsement for this site, getting involved with this site is up to you of course, and I am not gaining anything from telling you except hopefully the gratitude down the road if this information helps you.

The site does not cost anything to join and in my opinion is very well structured to be the "middle person" in bringing consultant and "employer" together within a fairly safe two way working environment. It appears to reduce the risks and concerns connected with Craigslist type sites.

This freelancing site is www.odesk.com. I've only had time to go through the authorization of my credentials but will be continuing when time allows. However, like anywhere, "buyer and seller beware". There always will be employers and contractors that scam or misrepresent themselves. Do some Googling about this site, read the positive and otherwise, check out the site, make your own choice. Keep in mind some people bash ideas and sites because they themselves made poor decisions or tried to cheat the system.

Please let me know what you think and further down the road your experience. I sincerely hope this is helpful to you. Here is a part of the site's "About Us".

About Us - The Marketplace for Online Workteams

"Whether you are looking for new talent or already have a remote team, oDesk offers a complete solution for working online.

oDesk is the marketplace for online workteams, with the best business model for both employers and contractors. Our unique approach guarantees to employers that an hour billed is an hour worked, while guaranteeing to contractors that an hour worked is an hour paid.

This win-win approach attracts more work to oDesk than to any other online work marketplace. Each month, thousands of companies of all sizes post jobs on oDesk, representing more than $65,000,000. At the same time, hundreds of thousands of top-notch professionals, including web developers, software programmers, graphic designers, writers, customer service representatives and virtual assistants, offer their services through oDesk.

With an average job size of $5,000, oDesk is the best place to find meaningful work and top-flight talent. More than doubling in size each year since 2004, oDesk is where companies are building their entire organizations online and is the primary source of income for thousands of contractors. oDesk is truly changing how the world works."

Back to top Go down

Remote Freelancing Site - Worth Taking A Look At! Empty Re: Remote Freelancing Site - Worth Taking A Look At!

Post by Guest Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:10 pm

I just checked it out, I think you shared this link with me before. Do you post your resume here? It sounds like a decent, legit site that provides some good opportunities, I'm just now sure how to use it. Embarassed

Back to top Go down

Remote Freelancing Site - Worth Taking A Look At! Empty Re: Remote Freelancing Site - Worth Taking A Look At!

Post by Guest Sun Jun 26, 2011 6:06 am

bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 26, 2011 6:07 am

Has anyone else checked into this site? If you do, I'd appreciate comments.

Thanks!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down