Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
Obama Administration Touts Foreign Investment  EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
Obama Administration Touts Foreign Investment  EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
Obama Administration Touts Foreign Investment  EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
Obama Administration Touts Foreign Investment  EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
Obama Administration Touts Foreign Investment  EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
Obama Administration Touts Foreign Investment  EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
Obama Administration Touts Foreign Investment  EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
Obama Administration Touts Foreign Investment  EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
Obama Administration Touts Foreign Investment  EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
Obama Administration Touts Foreign Investment  EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
Obama Administration Touts Foreign Investment  EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
Obama Administration Touts Foreign Investment  EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
Obama Administration Touts Foreign Investment  EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
Obama Administration Touts Foreign Investment  EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
Obama Administration Touts Foreign Investment  EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Obama Administration Touts Foreign Investment

4 posters

Go down

Obama Administration Touts Foreign Investment  Empty Obama Administration Touts Foreign Investment

Post by Guest Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:02 pm

"My Administration is committed to ensuring that the United States continues to be the most attractive place for businesses to locate, invest, grow, and create jobs," the President said in a written statement. We encourage and support business investment from sources both at home and abroad. Investments by foreign-domiciled companies and investors create well-paid jobs, contribute to economic growth, boost productivity and support American communities."

The new push from the White House to extract the benefits of trade is politically risky. It will almost certainly provoke the anger of labor unions, who tend to portray foreign investment as a threat, making American employment ever more susceptible to changes in the global economy. When foreign companies own American plants, domestic paychecks no longer hinge on decisions made only in Washington or Detroit or Los Angeles, but in boardrooms on the other side of oceans, in Frankfurt, London and Seoul.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/06/20/obama-foreign-investment_n_880937.html

Back to top Go down

Obama Administration Touts Foreign Investment  Empty Re: Obama Administration Touts Foreign Investment

Post by couth11 Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:36 pm

DesperateInRI wrote:
"My Administration is committed to ensuring that the United States continues to be the most attractive place for businesses to locate, invest, grow, and create jobs," the President said in a written statement. We encourage and support business investment from sources both at home and abroad. Investments by foreign-domiciled companies and investors create well-paid jobs, contribute to economic growth, boost productivity and support American communities."

The new push from the White House to extract the benefits of trade is politically risky. It will almost certainly provoke the anger of labor unions, who tend to portray foreign investment as a threat, making American employment ever more susceptible to changes in the global economy. When foreign companies own American plants, domestic paychecks no longer hinge on decisions made only in Washington or Detroit or Los Angeles, but in boardrooms on the other side of oceans, in Frankfurt, London and Seoul.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/06/20/obama-foreign-investment_n_880937.html

Hmm-they'll even choose to woo & invest in foreign companies, rather than clear the way for Americans to start businesses which could hire other American workers...I guess we are on our way to a truly global society. Does it also mean govt. officials really do not believe in the USA's ability to exist in the future- are they trying to ensure they have cushy positions in the future and is this why we have a bunch of do nothings?
Or are they just that ignorant? I have no objection to doing business with anyone, anywhere. This seems different.
couth11
couth11

Back to top Go down

Obama Administration Touts Foreign Investment  Empty Re: Obama Administration Touts Foreign Investment

Post by laine25 Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:48 pm

I'm firm believer in buying American. We need manufacturing here in this country. Everything is outsourced now and jobs are going overseas. Everything comes from China.
laine25
laine25

Back to top Go down

Post by New_Wave_Princess Tue Jun 21, 2011 2:51 pm

If this means that jobs stay here I am fine with this. However, my cynical side thinks this will mean more job loss.

New_Wave_Princess

Back to top Go down

Post by jmainframe Tue Jun 21, 2011 3:05 pm

couth11 wrote:Hmm-they'll even choose to woo & invest in foreign companies, rather than clear the way for Americans to start businesses which could hire other American workers...I guess we are on our way to a truly global society. Does it also mean govt. officials really do not believe in the USA's ability to exist in the future- are they trying to ensure they have cushy positions in the future and is this why we have a bunch of do nothings?
Or are they just that ignorant? I have no objection to doing business with anyone, anywhere. This seems different.

You bring up some great points.

If the "Master Plan" is to create a unified global economy, but that there will be major termoil before things FINALLY fall into place, I wish they would let us in on it! How many millions of lives will be destroyed before this new world order is established? Perhaps they're trying to minimize panic and/or social unrest.

Government officials, as with other highly-motivated people are notorious for planning years into the future. I wouldn't be suprised if they were planning a nice escape strategy for themselves, especially with "inside info" they are privy to, that the rest of us are not.

Finally, capitalist societies such as ours embrace competing and doing business with anyone, anywhere.
jmainframe
jmainframe

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down