Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
Regarding the American 99ers's Union - Changes in the works! EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
Regarding the American 99ers's Union - Changes in the works! EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
Regarding the American 99ers's Union - Changes in the works! EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
Regarding the American 99ers's Union - Changes in the works! EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
Regarding the American 99ers's Union - Changes in the works! EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
Regarding the American 99ers's Union - Changes in the works! EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
Regarding the American 99ers's Union - Changes in the works! EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
Regarding the American 99ers's Union - Changes in the works! EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
Regarding the American 99ers's Union - Changes in the works! EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
Regarding the American 99ers's Union - Changes in the works! EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
Regarding the American 99ers's Union - Changes in the works! EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
Regarding the American 99ers's Union - Changes in the works! EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
Regarding the American 99ers's Union - Changes in the works! EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
Regarding the American 99ers's Union - Changes in the works! EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
Regarding the American 99ers's Union - Changes in the works! EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
July 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Regarding the American 99ers's Union - Changes in the works!

4 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Regarding the American 99ers's Union - Changes in the works! Empty Regarding the American 99ers's Union - Changes in the works!

Post by Guest Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:47 pm

As some of you may have noticed, the American 99er's Union's website is down. I received this email from Gregg Rosen, President, a short time ago:

Good Afternoon ****,

The American 99ers Union website is in the midst of upgrades that will provide a greater feature rich and easy to navigate experience.

We are also be adding new members to the site. While our primary focus shall always remain on the longest-termed unemployed, we have made the business decision to expand our focus to include greater emphasis on the rebuilding and state of the U.S. Economy. This lateral growth will allow the American 99ers Union to create new strategic relationships with organizations, who have in the past not included the long-term unemployed as part of their agenda.

The hope is the that site should be up within the next 48 to 72 hours (our new web design team is working at a fever pitch). Any critical updates will be posted via twitter (Amer99ersUnion) or the American 99ers Union on Facebook.

Regards,
Gregg S. Rosen, CPNLP
President/Co-Founder
The American 99ers Union

Back to top Go down

Regarding the American 99ers's Union - Changes in the works! Empty Re: Regarding the American 99ers's Union - Changes in the works!

Post by Guest Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:49 pm

Check for updates regarding the expanded focus the 99ers Union will be taking going forward on their Facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-American-99ers-Union/216422458374581

Back to top Go down

Regarding the American 99ers's Union - Changes in the works! Empty Re: Regarding the American 99ers's Union - Changes in the works!

Post by mistermunster Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:12 pm

we have made the business decision to expand our focus to include greater emphasis on the rebuilding and state of the U.S. Economy.

When did THIS become a BUSINESS?????
mistermunster
mistermunster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:17 pm

I am not sure what to make of it. I actually always thought he was doing it as a business to be honest. But he does say that the primary emphasis will be on the longest term unemployed (I am guessing 99ers). I guess we wait and see. In the meantime, we continue our fight.

Back to top Go down

Post by mj33 Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:18 pm

Our president and member/leader has always insisted upon using this verbage and conducting the site and its main premise/vision as a business.

If happen to listen to him speak, or if already have, you likely would realize this of course, and it is what it is, we are in a time where we have to be professional and a business, non-profit or whatever, we are in this systemic process together advocating, adjoining coalitions, selling ourselves, educating, etc.. in our quest to gain attention all way up governmental chain.

mj33

Back to top Go down

Post by mj33 Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:20 pm

I think the premise of attempting to adjoin forces in WORKING WITH people, like the governmental leaders, colleagues in various fields etc... allows us to properly conduct and operate as a business, not to mention all the volunteer time it takes for many to assist in our efforts, and in helping establish a more credible and reliable organization, hence the terminology BUZZZINESS.

mj33

Back to top Go down

Post by mistermunster Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:22 pm

Well in my book this is a "CAUSE". A business entails, PROFIT and profit entails mismanagement and GREED. The very things that created this mess in the first place.
mistermunster
mistermunster

Back to top Go down

Post by mj33 Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:23 pm

Maybe we'll one day have our own committees and subcommitees, like the governmental agencies do (legislatures predominately). In all honesty, not bad thing perhaps as there's now a new economic subcomitte formed by the McKenzie group (which includes 3 of the 6 panel of experts that talked last Thu. on Cspan on Job creation/economy. We have to keep up with times and move forward, right?

mj33

Back to top Go down

Post by mj33 Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:25 pm

Well, point well taken on some levels indeed. I guess though at same time there are many non-profit or not-for profits out there that conduct business legally correct, with proper moral and ethical fiber, including such as those organiz's that focus on less privaleged/at risk population that don't take a penny of income for their own personal use, and receive grants from government in many cases while having a very successful pay structure system for its employees.

mj33

Back to top Go down

Post by mistermunster Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:27 pm

mj33 wrote:Maybe we'll one day have our own committees and subcommitees, like the governmental agencies do (legislatures predominately). In all honesty, not bad thing perhaps as there's now a new economic subcomitte formed by the McKenzie group (which includes 3 of the 6 panel of experts that talked last Thu. on Cspan on Job creation/economy. We have to keep up with times and move forward, right?

Still one NEEDS to keep an eye open for people with sticky fingers in any business. But yes in this beginning it could have a helpful effect on things but like all good things, it take ONE to bring it all crashing down. Sorry, being untrusting of those with power is now in my DNA. Can't change that.
mistermunster
mistermunster

Back to top Go down

Post by mj33 Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:29 pm

Hey friends, perhaps we can be in position to generate funding on some levels, (as grants?) if we do indeed become technically a business or corporation of some kind? Taht sure would help our CAUSE, even more. I imagine even more legitimate existing advocacy groups would adjoin along with us in some capacity by helping us become a bigger and more noticeable 'VOICE', which in way is what Robert Reich was kind of mentioning what/how we are lacking overall just be nature of 'unemployed'.

mj33

Back to top Go down

Post by mj33 Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:32 pm

Solid points of concern, as long as we keep our main focus as we have been doing and play our individual roles, whatever that niche may be and offering new creative ideas and helping implement them, thus keeping within the framework of our objectives and goals, we'll be fine. I just wish I could get to my local workforce center somehow with all 99ers in one of conference rooms etc... Only really met 1-2 over past year or so unfortunately, imagine lack means to get there or dont' have requirements to be there.

mj33

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:36 pm

mistermunster is always right and he is my candidate for POTUS in 2012.

capitil hill

Back to top Go down

Post by mistermunster Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:38 pm

DesperateInRI wrote:mistermunster is always right and he is my candidate for POTUS in 2012.

capitil hill

Thats what Im talkin Regarding the American 99ers's Union - Changes in the works! 116808 Regarding the American 99ers's Union - Changes in the works! 241540 Regarding the American 99ers's Union - Changes in the works! 66067
mistermunster
mistermunster

Back to top Go down

Post by mj33 Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:47 pm

1929... I wonder what that year was actually/really like. All the cool cars, hardened people/hard way of life, everyone got along, small amounts of greed, co's being established across US, midwest/NE/south. all the revered stories from our grandparents era, oh just yesterday, and the stories themselves get fatter and fatter, further from the truth, LOL.

mj33

Back to top Go down

Post by mj33 Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:51 pm

We need a larger voice and more notoriety anyway we look at it, and unless I get a microphone (or all of us) and spent 4 hours every day on each of our US reps door steps chanting 'help the 99ers' we're likely better off gaining support with business type tactic.

mj33

Back to top Go down

Post by TR11005 Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:03 pm

I don't think Mr. G trying to make the organization as big as AARP. We do need an organization that will advocate for the long term unemployed. Perhaps he will get additional support from such organization like the AARP. This will give the American 99ers's Union some credibility when working with Senators and Congressman.

TR11005

Back to top Go down

Post by mistermunster Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:07 pm

TR11005 wrote:This will give the American 99ers's Union some credibility when working with Senators and Congressman.

Hopefully enough credibility to be a BIG pain in the sides to clowns like Camp and Hatch so we can run guys like them out of DC on a rail.
mistermunster
mistermunster

Back to top Go down

Post by exhaustedandtired/1208 Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:44 pm

do you guys just not get it!!! It has gone past any point of NO return!!!We're done.
This is turning into a joke! Lee skipped town just like stabenow . It has taken the same path! Sorry! I read all of the OH boy when this or that person speaks , they listen! I am not knocking anyone for any thing or comments. But Its over as far as I'am concerned. Nothing is going to get done and it will be next year before they really take unemployment serious! Then it will be all about politics!
Ok, OK! I am open for comments that show me otherwise, with facts! Hum! No body! No dem. is in the repubs. face saying they demand that camp gets 589 out of committee. Why the heck are they so passive and mum! Maybe Lee can't get movement but why the hell can't she keep shouting from the rooftops saying " get 589 out of committee now". Helllo! She may be really heard then!

exhaustedandtired/1208

Back to top Go down

Post by TR11005 Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:47 pm

With Tar and Feathers! Too soon is waiting too long, Mistermunster.

TR11005

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:20 pm

TR11005 wrote:I don't think Mr. G trying to make the organization as big as AARP. We do need an organization that will advocate for the long term unemployed. Perhaps he will get additional support from such organization like the AARP. This will give the American 99ers's Union some credibility when working with Senators and Congressman.

That would be great if it is AARP! They should have taken a stand on this a long time ago. We hear all kinds of proposed job creation plans that will benefit younger people, like the one the President prosed on Saturday, but we never hear one word about people in their 50's.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:31 am

DesperateInRI wrote:As some of you may have noticed, the American 99er's Union's website is down. I received this email from Gregg Rosen, President, a short time ago:

Good Afternoon ****,

The American 99ers Union website is in the midst of upgrades that will provide a greater feature rich and easy to navigate experience.

We are also be adding new members to the site. While our primary focus shall always remain on the longest-termed unemployed, we have made the business decision to expand our focus to include greater emphasis on the rebuilding and state of the U.S. Economy. This lateral growth will allow the American 99ers Union to create new strategic relationships with organizations, who have in the past not included the long-term unemployed as part of their agenda.

The hope is the that site should be up within the next 48 to 72 hours (our new web design team is working at a fever pitch). Any critical updates will be posted via twitter (Amer99ersUnion) or the American 99ers Union on Facebook.

Regards,
Gregg S. Rosen, CPNLP
President/Co-Founder
The American 99ers Union
backflip

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:35 pm

Update from Gregg Rosen, President and Co-Founder of the American 99er Union:

Good Morning ***,

I was notified that some members of UF2 were questioning the term, “business decision” in the statement provided on 6/14.

From its inception, the American 99ers Union was built upon the foundation of a professional organization taking a business approach to the business of saving lives, rebuilding the American economy and getting Americans back to work without delay.

We shall continue to build upon the aforementioned foundation, until every American realizes the “American Dream” as part of their reality.

Regards,
Gregg S. Rosen, CPNLP
President/Co-Founder
The American 99ers Union

Last edited by DesperateInRI on Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:37 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by mj33 Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:06 pm

I think this provides solid clarity and is quite congruent to what the overall intent and purpose has seemed to be just in my viewpoint as being a member and affiliated with this site and as active listener to our presidents blog talk radio show and (his guess appearances on others').

Hopefully this is answers and/or reassures whatever questions or concerns those who questioned the 'business' aspect from couple days ago were perhaps concerned about.

mj33

Back to top Go down

Post by mj33 Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:13 pm

I just thought id maybe add, for whatever it may be worth at all, that we are dealing in some ways either indirectly or directly with state and governmental agencies, (or eventually are likely headed that way on some levels) such as Department of Labor, Employment & Training Administration, Office of Workforce Security, Labor & Industry, Office of Unemployment Compensations, and of course constituents (representatives) themselves at state/federal levels, non-profits, & professional analysts (workforce/economists etc..)

mj33

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next