Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
The Easiest Way to Understand Why We Can't Create Jobs EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
The Easiest Way to Understand Why We Can't Create Jobs EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
The Easiest Way to Understand Why We Can't Create Jobs EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
The Easiest Way to Understand Why We Can't Create Jobs EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
The Easiest Way to Understand Why We Can't Create Jobs EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
The Easiest Way to Understand Why We Can't Create Jobs EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
The Easiest Way to Understand Why We Can't Create Jobs EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
The Easiest Way to Understand Why We Can't Create Jobs EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
The Easiest Way to Understand Why We Can't Create Jobs EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
The Easiest Way to Understand Why We Can't Create Jobs EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
The Easiest Way to Understand Why We Can't Create Jobs EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
The Easiest Way to Understand Why We Can't Create Jobs EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
The Easiest Way to Understand Why We Can't Create Jobs EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
The Easiest Way to Understand Why We Can't Create Jobs EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
The Easiest Way to Understand Why We Can't Create Jobs EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

The Easiest Way to Understand Why We Can't Create Jobs

5 posters

Go down

The Easiest Way to Understand Why We Can't Create Jobs Empty The Easiest Way to Understand Why We Can't Create Jobs

Post by Guest Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:47 pm

Demand has suffered, because the housing crisis, the debt overhang, and high unemployment are strangling the American consumer. You can't have healthy demand with one sixth of the workforce underemployed. You can't have healthy spending with the average U.S family entering the recession with debt equal to 140 percent of income. And you can't have a confident consumer with housing prices falling quarter after quarter. Innovation has suffered for more mysterious reasons (Michael Mandel has detailed the drought in biotech innovation here). Finally, the end of the stimulus and the cut-happy Congress are contributing to employment slowdowns in state and local governments.

http://www.theatlantic.com/business/archive/2011/06/the-easiest-way-to-understand-why-we-cant-create-jobs/240191/

Back to top Go down

The Easiest Way to Understand Why We Can't Create Jobs Empty Re: The Easiest Way to Understand Why We Can't Create Jobs

Post by gettheminNOVEMBER Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:05 pm

I have been saying this for months now. I hope now that Goolsby is going we get some real eggheads in there that give a dam.
gettheminNOVEMBER
gettheminNOVEMBER

Back to top Go down

The Easiest Way to Understand Why We Can't Create Jobs Empty Re: The Easiest Way to Understand Why We Can't Create Jobs

Post by USA Citizen Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:03 pm

Some articles about Goolsby suggest that he gave a damn about the unemployed, but that the Obama administration wouldn't let him do what he wanted or was necessary to create jobs, etc. Could Goolsby have given up in disgust with Obama and his administration?
USA Citizen
USA Citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 09, 2011 10:01 pm

USA Citizen wrote:Some articles about Goolsby suggest that he gave a damn about the unemployed, but that the Obama administration wouldn't let him do what he wanted or was necessary to create jobs, etc. Could Goolsby have given up in disgust with Obama and his administration?

I doubt it. He was totally useless from day one. I think his "bump in the road" comment got him bumped.

Back to top Go down

Post by lendmeflight2 Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:36 am

USA Citizen wrote:Some articles about Goolsby suggest that he gave a damn about the unemployed, but that the Obama administration wouldn't let him do what he wanted or was necessary to create jobs, etc. Could Goolsby have given up in disgust with Obama and his administration?

Yeah, I'm sure that's it. Goolsby probably got fired because he wanted to improve the economy and the democrats wouldn't let him. You know how those democrats have voted against more unemployment benefits from the start. Those poor republicans really wanted to help but Obama just wouldn't let them.

This concept makes me laugh. Where did you read these articles? Big government.com or from the trenches maybe?

whatever
lendmeflight2
lendmeflight2

Back to top Go down

Post by mj33 Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:17 am

Just thought its worth mentioning that today at 12:00 on Cspan's schedue ,Economic Development: Job Growth committee meeting of some sort. Not sure who the speakers are but imagine it must be entirely seperate from the ongoing debate from the senators debating their Economic Development bill ammendments this week.

Please let us know if anyone knows off hand who the speakers will be represented at this committee, hopefully can stream the online feed.

mj33

Back to top Go down

Post by exhaustedandtired/1208 Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:21 am

lendmeflight2 wrote:

Yeah, I'm sure that's it. Goolsby probably got fired because he wanted to improve the economy and the democrats wouldn't let him. You know how those democrats have voted against more unemployment benefits from the start. Those poor republicans really wanted to help but Obama just wouldn't let them.

This concept makes me laugh. Where did you read these articles? Big government.com or from the trenches maybe?

whatever

I do not see a democratic plan on the floor to help 99er's... 589 is a ploy and is going no where as usual! You may be right about repubs. but is that -------Or are we not important enough for the dems. to keep coming back at them! Or do they just give up!!! Nothing is getting done. The dems have laid down and rolled over!

exhaustedandtired/1208

Back to top Go down

Post by mj33 Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:28 am

It apparantly seemed to be somewhat the case in yesterdays floor debate with that party line, however we will see as a group and whole how they react now that a little bit more talk as of recent few days has been more focus on the jobless/unemployment. I think by the beginning of next month when the numbers come out, it will really help us and the debate will heat up, with even more articles and PR hopefully on long term unemployment bill HR 589.

In Meantime, we have to educate/recruit every UI recipient and tens of more thousands of 99ers in joining rest of us in becoming more involved in contacting their local reps and following this bill/issue more closely.

mj33

Back to top Go down

Post by mj33 Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:37 am

At times, I almost get impression that we need a 'face' that's known to some/many on larger scale, like a Greg Rosen to be featured on a major news source promoting as he does for us by setting some goal or to get 85% of 99ers (UI exhaustees) across each state to contact their local state reps and US reps with a phone call and also with dropping them a short letter pasting one of the attached jobless articles we now have from our site (of ones own choice).

Almost like we need remainder of the quiet/non-active folks to here his voice on a request on a CNN, CNBC, or 20/20 or Dateline segment at this point, challenging every single person to do this. heck, if I could I'd make tons of copies at local workforce center and put them on front counter or somewhere on these articles related to exhaustees, but can't seem do that in that particular center.

mj33

Back to top Go down

Post by mj33 Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:38 am

Meant to say, each 99 themselves sending their reps a letter, sorry.

mj33

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:40 am

exhaustedandtired/1208 wrote:
lendmeflight2 wrote:

whatever

I do not see a democratic plan on the floor to help 99er's... 589 is a ploy and is going no where as usual! You may be right about repubs. but is that -------Or are we not important enough for the dems. to keep coming back at them! Or do they just give up!!! Nothing is getting done. The dems have laid down and rolled over!

They can't!!! The GOP blocks every attempt that is made for job creation, except their own, which always includeds "tax breaks" for corporations! The Republicans have only one agenda - to make sure that Obama is only a one term President. They are laser focused on that and nothing else matters. Even their Minority Leader in the Senate, who I believe represents your state, admits that.

Nice job, GOP! You will be gone in November, 2012!The Easiest Way to Understand Why We Can't Create Jobs Eleph11

Back to top Go down

Post by mj33 Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:07 am

And, as for the GOP and other anti lending programs, the GOP comes to mind as I recently read a new article today from NELP about 'fighting the poverty' which was good article but the thing is that groups like the repub's and GOP just don't seem to yet care about an insurance program like unemployment keeping people out of poverty, but rather see it as a welfare program handed out to us that keeps us afloat, that is one of their main premises, plus, tens of thousands of americans who receive UI are considered below the poverty line, singles, couples, and families, under this current recession that began in mid to late '07.

It would be worthwhile I think to also know/reveal research on the relationship between UI and poverty, (those not considered below poverty level before triggering onto UI who are still out of work), and furthermore, more recent studies that include the year 2010, which has to be even far worse than both 2008 and 2009. Realize were only 6 months into 2011 but but we need this research to evolve since '08-'10 is of primary focus and something to be relatively used for the politicians who cannot argue versus something tracked back as far as 1987.

And, Id love to see the stat's on amount of UI exhaustees, out of work with no financial assitance (outside of food stamps) for 6 months and those out of work 12 (or more months) and those out of work 2 years or more. Dating back to about whenever the final tier 4 exhausted , and were giving the benefit of the doubt for those claimants that had lapses between tier 2 and tier 3 (such as 3rd/4th quarters of '08 when their tier 2 levels exhausted and no tier 3,4 or EB available, so no income whatsoever.

Even if it were simplified to Jan. '09 - May '11, Id imagine that would reveal quite glaring statistics.

mj33

Back to top Go down

Post by mj33 Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:14 am

These long lapses where 'intermittent' help multiple times now for the original '99er's that have lost their jobs at no fault of their own and hit be recession dating back to late '07 have become delinquint on basic required living expenses/payments and we know many near filing or having filed bankruptcy, have taken enormous credit rating hits, and lost apartments/homes, and cannot afford certain basic medical needs/expenses.

Tens of thousands on UI need UI just from mere fact of that many single persons out there who do not qualify for medicaid assistance of any kind, and struggle daily/weekly because of that, now having no Unemp. Insurance to help offset those costs.

mj33

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:17 am

I agree, mj! I am one of those single, middle-aged 99ers who isn't eligible for anything but food stamps. No medical in over 3 years and no income in over a year. Nice way to live, isn't it?
MAD

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down