Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
HR 589 - "It's Time for Movement" EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
HR 589 - "It's Time for Movement" EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
HR 589 - "It's Time for Movement" EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
HR 589 - "It's Time for Movement" EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
HR 589 - "It's Time for Movement" EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
HR 589 - "It's Time for Movement" EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
HR 589 - "It's Time for Movement" EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
HR 589 - "It's Time for Movement" EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
HR 589 - "It's Time for Movement" EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
HR 589 - "It's Time for Movement" EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
HR 589 - "It's Time for Movement" EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
HR 589 - "It's Time for Movement" EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
HR 589 - "It's Time for Movement" EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
HR 589 - "It's Time for Movement" EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
HR 589 - "It's Time for Movement" EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
July 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

HR 589 - "It's Time for Movement"

+9
lendmeflight2
gettheminNOVEMBER
Jobless_in_Ma
superstevies
Rose
suri
nbalive103
rlw
exhaustedandtired/1208
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

HR 589 - "It's Time for Movement" Empty Re: HR 589 - "It's Time for Movement"

Post by exhaustedandtired/1208 Fri Apr 29, 2011 10:41 am

I think they return Monday and I also hope after three weeks of higher new jobless claims that Lee gets on the floor and brings up this bill 589 and does something more than is being done. Its time for movement!

exhaustedandtired/1208

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 29, 2011 11:03 am

exhaustedandtired/1208 wrote:I think they return Monday and I also hope after three weeks of higher new jobless claims that Lee gets on the floor and brings up this bill 589 and does something more than is being done. Its time for movement!
At this point, it is not up to Rep. Lee alone. It is up to House Ways & Means Committee Chairman David Camp to move this bill forward by scheduling a hearing on it.

Most of that responsibility is ours. We have to keep up the pressure on Chairman Camp to move this bill forward. Rep. Lee herself has asked us to do that.

I know many will say our faxes, emails, phone calls and tweets aren't working, but they are. Do you really think there would have been any effort made to help the long-term unemployed if we hadn't started this movement? I don't think so. It would have been in their best interest to completely ignore us. Now that we have brought the crisis into the spotlight of the main stream media and the American people, they have to act on it.

As I said above, we can't put all the responsibility of seeing HR 589 move forward on one person. It is up to each of us to get involved. If we stop doing this, you can kiss the bill goodbye.

Back to top Go down

Post by exhaustedandtired/1208 Fri Apr 29, 2011 11:29 am

She initiated this bill and yes she can keep it a hot topic. No matter what! If she is passionate she can keep it on the hot topic plate! No MOST of the responsibility isn't up to us! Its up to the congress and president. We can drop dead from exhaustion and if they are not in support then its useless! And she is the leader of this bill and we need her as the leader! Yes it takes many, many others including us, BUT!

exhaustedandtired/1208

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 29, 2011 11:47 am

exhaustedandtired/1208 wrote:She initiated this bill and yes she can keep it a hot topic. No matter what! If she is passionate she can keep it on the hot topic plate! No MOST of the responsibility isn't up to us! Its up to the congress and president. We can drop dead from exhaustion and if they are not in support then its useless! And she is the leader of this bill and we need her as the leader! Yes it takes many, many others including us, BUT!

She is keeping it on the front burner. Last Friday, which was a LEGITIMATE day off for Congress (Good Friday & Passover), she took the time to appear on MSNBC's Daily Rundown. Norah O'Donnell, who interviewed her thought they would be talking about Rep. Lee's new book, but Ms. Lee did not mention it. Instead she chose to talk about HR 589 and the 99ers who are suffering in this country.

See this thread: http://www.unemployed-friends2.org/t1899-rep-barbara-lee-on-msnbc-daily-rundown-on-hr-589-april-22

Rep. Lee is NOT being silent on this. She also needs all the support we can give her. She can talk until she is blue in the face, but in the end, it is up to Chairman Camp to move this bill forward. It is our responsibility too to be "leaders" when it comes to any movement on HR 589.

Back to top Go down

Post by rlw Fri Apr 29, 2011 12:17 pm

***Moderated***

HR 589 - "It's Time for Movement" Obviou12

rlw
Banned
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 29, 2011 12:40 pm

gettheminNOVEMBER wrote:
rlw wrote:HR 589 - "It's Time for Movement" Obviou12 people on here are so stupid.
Get off your asses and go to work. All I see on here is people jawing on the internet all day looking for government hand outs.

Well I have a job but on behalf of everyone here GO F YOURSELF!

I was waiting for you to show up! Thanks. I was answering his post in another thread about McDonald's jobs. Very Happy

Last edited by DesperateInRI on Fri Apr 29, 2011 1:21 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by nbalive103 Fri Apr 29, 2011 12:50 pm

Wow that all I can say.

nbalive103

Back to top Go down

Post by suri Fri Apr 29, 2011 12:53 pm

Sad... If you will not HELP, than why do you HURT, rlw? Your heart must be very, very small and your brain teeny, tiny, for you to have NO empathy for those who suffer through no fault of their own other than corporate GREED! We shall hope for your understanding to grow without personal experience. No

suri

Back to top Go down

Post by Rose Fri Apr 29, 2011 1:25 pm

Unemployment needs to be addressed as a whole. UE claims jumped again this week and now in PA Acme is laying off and a local furniture place is laying off 200 plus. I just dont see how they can celebrate the low UE rates when its not a true rate.

Rose

Back to top Go down

Post by superstevies Fri Apr 29, 2011 1:39 pm

We Need to FIGHT, FIGHT, FIGHT.....for every little inch we can get. However, I agree with Exhaustedandtired/1208. I don't think she was saying it all rested on Rep. Lee, she is saying while she has been vocal about HR589, She needs to hit em hard come when the session is back from recess.

If she doesn't keep up on it, this bill will end up like Stabenows Senate S.3706. She gave up on it when it counted most...even if it was not going to make it out of committee, Now look at what we say about Stabenow. Rep. Lee needs to Be vocal every time she can be...even if it is now in the hands of the Ways & Means. I think unlike Stabenow, Rep. Lee will see this through.
superstevies
superstevies

Back to top Go down

Post by Jobless_in_Ma Fri Apr 29, 2011 1:58 pm

As Desp said it's David Camp that holds the ticket to get the bill moving. As far as Lee us concerned she is very committed to 589.
Jobless_in_Ma
Jobless_in_Ma
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.unemployed-friends2.org

Back to top Go down

Post by exhaustedandtired/1208 Fri Apr 29, 2011 2:01 pm

My point is with Lee, OK! She and others brought up the bill, and yes she has vocalized and such, but it cannot stop where it is at with Lee. If she is sincere ,she will get back up and keep bringing it up until its out of committee and on the floor. thats when it counts. To keep it in committee and making passive speeches about it and do nothing more, well what has that accomplished?

exhaustedandtired/1208

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 29, 2011 2:07 pm

exhaustedandtired/1208 wrote:My point is with Lee, OK! She and others brought up the bill, and yes she has vocalized and such, but it cannot stop where it is at with Lee. If she is sincere ,she will get back up and keep bringing it up until its out of committee and on the floor. thats when it counts. To keep it in committee and making passive speeches about it and do nothing more, well what has that accomplished?

Good, you know what??? I will just give up. I will not contact anyone anymore. I will just sit back and let Lee do this all on her own. Why should we have to do anything to help her out, it isn't our job, right?

Seriously, I give up.

Back to top Go down

Post by exhaustedandtired/1208 Fri Apr 29, 2011 2:09 pm

rlw wrote:***Moderated***

rlw , I guess since you are banned you may or may not see my comments but.. It isn't necessary to make comments to you or criticize your comments because you are an deficient ,uneducated and with no class person. You are incapable of intellect. If you were, like many others who may have an opinion would put the opinion differently. All you are doing is making inflammatory comments and laughing because you feel good about yourself. I don't see how anyone can feel good about being intellectually challenged!

exhaustedandtired/1208

Back to top Go down

Post by gettheminNOVEMBER Fri Apr 29, 2011 2:14 pm

DesperateInRI wrote:
exhaustedandtired/1208 wrote:My point is with Lee, OK! She and others brought up the bill, and yes she has vocalized and such, but it cannot stop where it is at with Lee. If she is sincere ,she will get back up and keep bringing it up until its out of committee and on the floor. thats when it counts. To keep it in committee and making passive speeches about it and do nothing more, well what has that accomplished?

Good, you know what??? I will just give up. I will not contact anyone anymore. I will just sit back and let Lee do this all on her own. Why should we have to do anything to help her out, it isn't our job, right?

Seriously, I give up.

I won't let you give up. No
gettheminNOVEMBER
gettheminNOVEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 29, 2011 2:18 pm

NOPE no giving up allowed!! lol HR 589 - "It's Time for Movement" 317789

Back to top Go down

Post by superstevies Fri Apr 29, 2011 2:23 pm

DesperateinRI...I hope you were not offended by my comments. I understand it is up to us to make this bill move. My comments are that I still want Rep. Lee to remain vocal thats all. Yes, I know she is. I want her to keep it vocal on the house floor. All the calling, faxing, and tweeting we do doesn't get mentioned on the floor by the repulicans. So My words meant that Rep. Lee can look at all the Calls, Faxes, Tweets ect. and make it vocal to those who have not looked at us to put it in their faces without relent.

I think We are a TEAM and Rep. Lee is one of the coaches. The coach sets the mood & keeps the game going.

I am all for this, so if I made you mad by my comments agreeing with exhaustedandtired/1208 sorry. I Just want both. Us & Lee in the fight. I don't want another Stabenow situation. She was a strong supporter for us too....but what happend.
superstevies
superstevies

Back to top Go down

Post by exhaustedandtired/1208 Fri Apr 29, 2011 2:51 pm

Yes desp! In as much that you want us to keep pro active and relentless in our communication of our plight, but desp. you must know if we have to keep going and relentless , then so does Lee and other so called co-sponsors of this bill. What good are we without the one's who co-sponsor and initiated the bill to begin with??? No argument at all with you desp. Either. you are respected... but many concerns about what is next for this bill, thats all! the unemployed can only do so much! After we are unemployed(very long term).

exhaustedandtired/1208

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 29, 2011 3:04 pm

exhaustedandtired/1208 wrote:Yes desp! In as much that you want us to keep pro active and relentless in our communication of our plight, but desp. you must know if we have to keep going and relentless , then so does Lee and other so called co-sponsors of this bill. What good are we without the one's who co-sponsor and initiated the bill to begin with??? No argument at all with you desp. Either. you are respected... but many concerns about what is next for this bill, thats all! the unemployed can only do so much! After we are unemployed(very long term).

Did you read any of my posts?
She hasn't given up!! She has asked for our HELP to get this moving out of the Ways & Means Committee! That is where Boehner told her to focus! Despite what we may think, we are NOT the only issue on Congress's agenda! What do you suggest she do that she hasn't already done? If you think of something, CONTACT HER! She is one person in a GOP controlled House.

Keep biting the hand that feeds us and we will never see anything done. Stay negative and you pull everyone else down with you. If you really want to see this happen, you CANNOT sit back and point your finger at the person who is trying to help you. YOU have to get involved. Turn your negative energy around and put it to good use - KEEP CONTACTING THE WAYS & MEANS COMMITTEE!

Last edited by DesperateInRI on Fri Apr 29, 2011 6:57 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by lendmeflight2 Fri Apr 29, 2011 3:10 pm

Why are we so determined to spit in the faces of the only people who are doing anything to help us?

If I were a congressmen with a bill to help 99er's and I read some of the comments on this and other forums my attitude would quickly be
KMAG YOYO.

Here is your acronym list if you don't know what this means.

http://www.acronymslist.com/acronym/36266.html
lendmeflight2
lendmeflight2

Back to top Go down

Post by nuttin2lose Fri Apr 29, 2011 3:43 pm

It is an unfortunate fact that some take action, and some complain.

nuttin2lose

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 29, 2011 3:48 pm

If you look at history, nothing really changed unless their was massive outcry/protests from citizens.

In order to be heard, you have to make noise.

Back to top Go down

Post by mistermunster Fri Apr 29, 2011 5:43 pm

rlw wrote:***Moderated***

Seems like It's got nothing better to do than to come here and spew it's filth.
mistermunster
mistermunster

Back to top Go down

Post by New_Wave_Princess Fri Apr 29, 2011 7:36 pm

That picture of troll made me laugh. Seriously, though Congress needs to do a lot more than this. In addition to assing money for unemployment they need to fix the underlying problem, which is jobs and outsourcing/visas, etc.

New_Wave_Princess

Back to top Go down

Post by lendmeflight2 Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:22 pm

I agree. There isn't enough being done. 14 added weeks is nothing and won't make a bit of difference 4 months from now. The problem is that the government cannot create jobs without spending money and the GOP congress won't spend money. We could employ a lot of people by rebuilding infrastructure. China does this why can't we? Is China superior to the ole U S of A? I doubt it, they just know how to use their resources, their people, to create an economy.

For God's sake, there is even a tv show on the history channel that shows, every week, how our bridges and roads are all falling apart. We need to spend money to fix this stuff.
lendmeflight2
lendmeflight2

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next