Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
McDonald's hiring and unemployment figures in same article EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
McDonald's hiring and unemployment figures in same article EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
McDonald's hiring and unemployment figures in same article EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
McDonald's hiring and unemployment figures in same article EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
McDonald's hiring and unemployment figures in same article EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
McDonald's hiring and unemployment figures in same article EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
McDonald's hiring and unemployment figures in same article EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
McDonald's hiring and unemployment figures in same article EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
McDonald's hiring and unemployment figures in same article EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
McDonald's hiring and unemployment figures in same article EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
McDonald's hiring and unemployment figures in same article EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
McDonald's hiring and unemployment figures in same article EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
McDonald's hiring and unemployment figures in same article EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
McDonald's hiring and unemployment figures in same article EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
McDonald's hiring and unemployment figures in same article EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

McDonald's hiring and unemployment figures in same article

5 posters

Go down

McDonald's hiring and unemployment figures in same article Empty McDonald's hiring and unemployment figures in same article

Post by Guest Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:41 pm

Back to top Go down

McDonald's hiring and unemployment figures in same article Empty Re: McDonald's hiring and unemployment figures in same article

Post by Guest Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:48 pm

One million applicants for 62,000 McJobs. 16.1 people applying for each job opening they had. That is a very sad statement on our economy. Are people blind?

I also read that the majority of these "McJobs" were seasonal and part-time.

Back to top Go down

McDonald's hiring and unemployment figures in same article Empty Re: McDonald's hiring and unemployment figures in same article

Post by Guest Thu Apr 28, 2011 5:50 pm

UNBELIEVABLE!!

This is what the US economy has been reduced to: McDonalds reports that as part of its employment event to hire 50,000 minimum wage, part-time (mostly) workers, subsequently raised to 62,000 it received a whopping 1 million applications, or a Tim Geithner jealousy inducing 6.2% hit rate (h/t X. Kurt. OSis). Alas, the US economy is now so pathetic that the bulk of the population will settle for anything. Literally anything. And the saddest part: over 938,000 applicants were turned away. Here's hoping to Burger King needs a few million janitors in the immediate future too. And yes, aside from reality, things in America are really recovering quite nicely.

Back to top Go down

Post by suri Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:00 pm

This is the current state of affairs in our Nation! confused I'd rather we put it all out in the open and stop hiding the facts that too many people are chasing too many low wage, even part-time jobs! Sad

suri

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:16 pm

suri wrote:This is the current state of affairs in our Nation! confused I'd rather we put it all out in the open and stop hiding the facts that too many people are chasing too many low wage, even part-time jobs! Sad

I would respect them more if they just admitted the facts. Then, they could move on and come up with some solutions. Crying or Very sad

Back to top Go down

Post by exhaustedandtired/1208 Fri Apr 29, 2011 10:38 am

DesperateInRI wrote:One million applicants for 62,000 McJobs. 16.1 people applying for each job opening they had. That is a very sad statement on our economy. Are people blind?

I also read that the majority of these "McJobs" were seasonal and part-time.

Yep to get thru the summer hours!

exhaustedandtired/1208

Back to top Go down

Post by rlw Fri Apr 29, 2011 12:21 pm

You could be one who is hired, but no, you just sit on the internet all day and look for government hand outs. Get off your asses and look for work.

rlw
Banned
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 29, 2011 12:36 pm

DesperateInRI wrote:
rlw wrote:You could be one who is hired, but no, you just sit on the internet all day and look for government hand outs. Get off your asses and look for work.

We didn't mention we just LOVE living like this. It is just a wonderful way of life. We look forward to each new day filled with rejections, humiliation, fear of homelessness, deep rooted depression, suicidal thoughts, loss of friendships, break up of marriages, no health care................!

Yes, life is good to us!

McDonald's hiring and unemployment figures in same article Teabag10

Not that it is any of your business, but I did apply for TWO McJobs on April 19, their "National Hiring Day". I am still waiting for them to call me on my SAFELINK phone to schedule my interview.

Gee, I haven't heard from them yet and it has been 10 days
. scratch

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 29, 2011 3:20 pm

That person must have stayed up too late watching the Royal Wedding, and now needs a nap...

Back to top Go down

Post by Jobless_in_Ma Fri Apr 29, 2011 3:22 pm

disgustedwithgovt wrote:That person must have stayed up too late watching the Royal Wedding, and now needs a nap...

This person wont be around anymore Wink
Jobless_in_Ma
Jobless_in_Ma
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.unemployed-friends2.org

Back to top Go down

Post by New_Wave_Princess Fri Apr 29, 2011 5:36 pm

I applied for two of these jobs, one professional and one at the store and one rejected me. I posted this in another thread but bears repeating. 74,000 applied for 2,000 jobs in the Chicago area.

http://www.unemployed-friends2.org/t2008-mcdonald-s-hiring-and-unemployment-figures-in-same-article#21037
More than 75,000 people applied for 2,000 jobs that McDonald’s Corp. has filled in Illinois, northwest Indiana and southern Wisconsin after the Oak Brook-based company’s first “National Hiring Day” on April 19. Of the 2,000 jobs filled, more than 1,000 are in the Chicago area, a McDonald’s spokeswoman said Thursday. The fast-food chain’s managers expect to continue to hire more people, though no estimate is available on how many more, the spokeswoman said.

Sandra Guy

New_Wave_Princess

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down