Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
With shelters full, homeless family sent to woods instead EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
With shelters full, homeless family sent to woods instead EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
With shelters full, homeless family sent to woods instead EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
With shelters full, homeless family sent to woods instead EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
With shelters full, homeless family sent to woods instead EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
With shelters full, homeless family sent to woods instead EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
With shelters full, homeless family sent to woods instead EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
With shelters full, homeless family sent to woods instead EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
With shelters full, homeless family sent to woods instead EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
With shelters full, homeless family sent to woods instead EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
With shelters full, homeless family sent to woods instead EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
With shelters full, homeless family sent to woods instead EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
With shelters full, homeless family sent to woods instead EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
With shelters full, homeless family sent to woods instead EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
With shelters full, homeless family sent to woods instead EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

With shelters full, homeless family sent to woods instead

3 posters

Go down

With shelters full, homeless family sent to woods instead Empty With shelters full, homeless family sent to woods instead

Post by Guest Sun Apr 17, 2011 4:40 pm

With so many in need, and an increasing number of families homeless, there's just not enough room at area shelters. It's so bad, the Salvation Army has had to send families, one with three kids and a baby on the way, to live in the woods.

Johnny Adams, 19, and his fiance couldn't believe what the Salvation Army told them. There is no place for them at shelters and only one option.

http://www.wpsdlocal6.com/news/local/No-room-for-families-at-shelters-sent-to-woods-instead-119448789.html

Back to top Go down

With shelters full, homeless family sent to woods instead Empty Re: With shelters full, homeless family sent to woods instead

Post by Jobless_in_Ma Sun Apr 17, 2011 5:09 pm

This is horrible. Normal American being forced to live in the woods now..Im sure we will be hearing more of this.
Jobless_in_Ma
Jobless_in_Ma
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.unemployed-friends2.org

Back to top Go down

With shelters full, homeless family sent to woods instead Empty Re: With shelters full, homeless family sent to woods instead

Post by dmbishop Sun Apr 17, 2011 5:54 pm

I am preparing for myself, husband, son and pets to be living in a tent in the near future. We have our tent. We have sleeping bags, that we slept in all winter because our heat has been shut off. We now realize our sleeping bags don't do much good when the weather goes below 10 degrees. Even with the heated mattress pad. With our last few dollars we need to invest in better sleeping bags. We also have to pick up some warm army/navy blankets. Warm coats, hats thermal socks, hand warmers. I never thought it would come to this.
Going from a 12 room victorian home just outside of Boston to a tent.

dmbishop

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 17, 2011 7:31 pm

I am so sorry dmbishop. I hope somehow something works out for you guys soon. I wish I still had my own home I would tell you all to come live with us. Crying or Very sad

Back to top Go down

Post by troycomic Sun Apr 17, 2011 9:17 pm

Where are the FEMA trailers?
troycomic
troycomic

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 17, 2011 9:19 pm

troycomic wrote:Where are the FEMA trailers?

The 2011 budget that was just approved defunded that program. Seriously, I just read it today. I should have posted the article.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jobless_in_Ma Sun Apr 17, 2011 9:46 pm

DesperateInRI wrote:
troycomic wrote:Where are the FEMA trailers?

The 2011 budget that was just approved defunded that program. Seriously, I just read it today. I should have posted the article.

I was going to post the same comment but as a joke. If this is legit, that is sick...
Jobless_in_Ma
Jobless_in_Ma
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.unemployed-friends2.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down