Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
 Weekly U.S. jobless claims jump 27,000 to 412,000 EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
 Weekly U.S. jobless claims jump 27,000 to 412,000 EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
 Weekly U.S. jobless claims jump 27,000 to 412,000 EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
 Weekly U.S. jobless claims jump 27,000 to 412,000 EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
 Weekly U.S. jobless claims jump 27,000 to 412,000 EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
 Weekly U.S. jobless claims jump 27,000 to 412,000 EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
 Weekly U.S. jobless claims jump 27,000 to 412,000 EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
 Weekly U.S. jobless claims jump 27,000 to 412,000 EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
 Weekly U.S. jobless claims jump 27,000 to 412,000 EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
 Weekly U.S. jobless claims jump 27,000 to 412,000 EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
 Weekly U.S. jobless claims jump 27,000 to 412,000 EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
 Weekly U.S. jobless claims jump 27,000 to 412,000 EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
 Weekly U.S. jobless claims jump 27,000 to 412,000 EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
 Weekly U.S. jobless claims jump 27,000 to 412,000 EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
 Weekly U.S. jobless claims jump 27,000 to 412,000 EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
June 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
      1
2345678
9101112131415
16171819202122
23242526272829
30      

Calendar Calendar


Weekly U.S. jobless claims jump 27,000 to 412,000

2 posters

Go down

 Weekly U.S. jobless claims jump 27,000 to 412,000 Empty Weekly U.S. jobless claims jump 27,000 to 412,000

Post by Guest Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:10 am

New applications by workers seeking unemployment benefits climbed by 27,000 to a seasonally adjusted 412,000 in the week ended April 9, the Labor Department said Thursday. Economists surveyed by MarketWatch had expected new applications for jobless benefits to drop to 380,000.

http://tinyurl.com/3nyyh32


 Weekly U.S. jobless claims jump 27,000 to 412,000 Stamp10

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

 Weekly U.S. jobless claims jump 27,000 to 412,000 Empty Re: Weekly U.S. jobless claims jump 27,000 to 412,000

Post by JoanB Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:58 am

I wonder how many people besides us realize that that this part mostly means people whose benefits ran out, not people who found jobs?

Meanwhile, the number of Americans who continue to receive state unemployment checks decreased by 58,000 to 3.68 million in the week ended April 2.

Probably not many. Most people I talk to who aren't personally affected by unemployment don't understand much.
JoanB
JoanB
Member

Posts : 485
Join date : 2011-03-01
Location : Pittsburgh, PA

Back to top Go down

 Weekly U.S. jobless claims jump 27,000 to 412,000 Empty Re: Weekly U.S. jobless claims jump 27,000 to 412,000

Post by Guest Thu Apr 14, 2011 11:02 am

These are First Time Claims for the week! It doesn't include anyone collecting benefits already, or re-opened a claim. This is the number of people who actually lost their job last week!

Things are getting better, RIGHT! MAD

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

 Weekly U.S. jobless claims jump 27,000 to 412,000 Empty Re: Weekly U.S. jobless claims jump 27,000 to 412,000

Post by JoanB Thu Apr 14, 2011 11:12 am

DesperateInRI wrote:These are First Time Claims for the week! It doesn't include anyone collecting benefits already, or re-opened a claim. This is the number of people who actually lost their job last week!

Things are getting better, RIGHT! MAD

Yeah, I know. But I betcha a lot of people think that other quote means good news.
JoanB
JoanB
Member

Posts : 485
Join date : 2011-03-01
Location : Pittsburgh, PA

Back to top Go down

 Weekly U.S. jobless claims jump 27,000 to 412,000 Empty Re: Weekly U.S. jobless claims jump 27,000 to 412,000

Post by Guest Thu Apr 14, 2011 11:27 am

JoanB wrote:
DesperateInRI wrote:These are First Time Claims for the week! It doesn't include anyone collecting benefits already, or re-opened a claim. This is the number of people who actually lost their job last week!

Things are getting better, RIGHT! MAD

Yeah, I know. But I betcha a lot of people think that other quote means good news.

Sorry, I should have read your post more thoroughly. You're right. Just like Oregon's unemployment rate dropping, despite an increase in lost jobs - is those dam 99ers.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

 Weekly U.S. jobless claims jump 27,000 to 412,000 Empty Re: Weekly U.S. jobless claims jump 27,000 to 412,000

Post by JoanB Thu Apr 14, 2011 12:06 pm

S'OK, buddy. I misread stuff myself all the time.
JoanB
JoanB
Member

Posts : 485
Join date : 2011-03-01
Location : Pittsburgh, PA

Back to top Go down

 Weekly U.S. jobless claims jump 27,000 to 412,000 Empty Re: Weekly U.S. jobless claims jump 27,000 to 412,000

Post by Lost_in_Oregon Thu Apr 14, 2011 1:16 pm

DesperateInRI wrote:
JoanB wrote:
DesperateInRI wrote:These are First Time Claims for the week! It doesn't include anyone collecting benefits already, or re-opened a claim. This is the number of people who actually lost their job last week!

Things are getting better, RIGHT! MAD

Yeah, I know. But I betcha a lot of people think that other quote means good news.

Sorry, I should have read your post more thoroughly. You're right. Just like Oregon's unemployment rate dropping, despite an increase in lost jobs - is those dam 99ers.

You are correct, we are the 105ers... and to be honest everybody here in Oregon goes about there biz like nothing is going on, even though we have a real rate of 25% unemployed. Not sure if the rate gets counted back in this next week.. we will see Suspect

Lost_in_Oregon
Member

Posts : 8
Join date : 2011-03-29

Back to top Go down

 Weekly U.S. jobless claims jump 27,000 to 412,000 Empty Re: Weekly U.S. jobless claims jump 27,000 to 412,000

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum