Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
Federal Workers brace for effect of government shutdown EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
Federal Workers brace for effect of government shutdown EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
Federal Workers brace for effect of government shutdown EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
Federal Workers brace for effect of government shutdown EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
Federal Workers brace for effect of government shutdown EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
Federal Workers brace for effect of government shutdown EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
Federal Workers brace for effect of government shutdown EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
Federal Workers brace for effect of government shutdown EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
Federal Workers brace for effect of government shutdown EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
Federal Workers brace for effect of government shutdown EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
Federal Workers brace for effect of government shutdown EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
Federal Workers brace for effect of government shutdown EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
Federal Workers brace for effect of government shutdown EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
Federal Workers brace for effect of government shutdown EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
Federal Workers brace for effect of government shutdown EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
July 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Federal Workers brace for effect of government shutdown

2 posters

Go down

Federal Workers brace for effect of government shutdown Empty Federal Workers brace for effect of government shutdown

Post by Guest Fri Apr 08, 2011 2:09 pm

In Arkansas, National Weather Service meteorologist Dan Koch said he worries about how a shutdown could affect his family, including his two children. He said he'd still report to work for business as usual — but he wouldn't get a paycheck until the shutdown ended. He's putting more into savings to prepare, he said.

"I was actually saving up for a Caribbean cruise, but that money may actually be used to live on. It's certainly more important to make sure we can get the bills paid and provide for our family," he said.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110408/ap_on_re_us/us_spending_showdown_federal_workers

I do feel bad for the Federal workers who will be furloughed if there is a shutdown, however, I am angry at the media coverage this is getting. While these people decide if they should take a Caribbean cruise, at least they know they have a job. If they don't get back-pay when they return, they can collect unemployment insurance. I'm sure the government isn't going to shut down for 99 weeks.

Where is the media to cover the real unemployed Americans, the 99ers who wonder everyday if they can keep a roof over their heads, put food on the table and are constantly rejected for jobs over and over because they are long term unemployed? IMO, this situation is far graver than Federal employees who may be furloughed for a week.

mad

Back to top Go down

Federal Workers brace for effect of government shutdown Empty Re: Federal Workers brace for effect of government shutdown

Post by gettheminNOVEMBER Fri Apr 08, 2011 2:18 pm

Its too bad everyone can't unite and fight back. Its like the clans in braveheart. Union clan, federal worker clan, unemployed with benefits clan and the bada$$ the 99er clan! Twisted Evil
gettheminNOVEMBER
gettheminNOVEMBER

Back to top Go down

Federal Workers brace for effect of government shutdown Empty Re: Federal Workers brace for effect of government shutdown

Post by mrmarti Fri Apr 08, 2011 3:17 pm

from what I understand the federal workers can collect unemployment - but that will be held up because there will be no personnel available to verify their earnings to the Labor Department which is required to open up a claim. Maybe if the government does shut down, there will be more understanding as to what the 99ers are going thru.
mrmarti
mrmarti

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down