Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
GOP, Government Shutdown, Budget Talks EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
GOP, Government Shutdown, Budget Talks EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
GOP, Government Shutdown, Budget Talks EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
GOP, Government Shutdown, Budget Talks EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
GOP, Government Shutdown, Budget Talks EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
GOP, Government Shutdown, Budget Talks EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
GOP, Government Shutdown, Budget Talks EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
GOP, Government Shutdown, Budget Talks EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
GOP, Government Shutdown, Budget Talks EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
GOP, Government Shutdown, Budget Talks EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
GOP, Government Shutdown, Budget Talks EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
GOP, Government Shutdown, Budget Talks EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
GOP, Government Shutdown, Budget Talks EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
GOP, Government Shutdown, Budget Talks EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
GOP, Government Shutdown, Budget Talks EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

GOP, Government Shutdown, Budget Talks

+2
gettheminNOVEMBER
chopthis91
6 posters

Go down

GOP, Government Shutdown, Budget Talks Empty GOP, Government Shutdown, Budget Talks

Post by Guest Tue Feb 22, 2011 5:59 pm

Back to top Go down

GOP, Government Shutdown, Budget Talks Empty Re: GOP, Government Shutdown, Budget Talks

Post by chopthis91 Tue Feb 22, 2011 7:44 pm

DesperateInRI wrote:Democrats really need to find their voice and start speaking up. We have a Democrat for President and a Democrat Senate, but the GOP is running the show. Evil or Very Mad

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2011/02/22/948442/-House-GOP-refuses-Reid-proposal-to-keep-government-open-during-negotiations?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+dailykos%2Findex+%28Daily+Kos%29&utm_content=Twitter

Government has never been this divided in my lifetime. This includes Washington, the states, and at the local levels. In the meantime the clock is ticking and the problems continue to mount. Republicans makes me sick. They are the obstructionist party at every level. Their behavior just proves how much they don't care about the middle class and poor and frankly the country.
chopthis91
chopthis91

Back to top Go down

GOP, Government Shutdown, Budget Talks Empty Re: GOP, Government Shutdown, Budget Talks

Post by Guest Tue Feb 22, 2011 7:51 pm

Congressional Democrats need to take the example from Wisconsin and Indiana and just leave Washington. That would effectively halt Congress from taking any action. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by gettheminNOVEMBER Tue Feb 22, 2011 7:59 pm

My next vote will be a spine for the Democrats! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
gettheminNOVEMBER
gettheminNOVEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:01 pm

getheminNOVEMBER wrote:My next vote will be a spine for the Democrats! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

We need a good "munster rant" here!

Back to top Go down

Post by gettheminNOVEMBER Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:02 pm

DesperateInRI wrote:
getheminNOVEMBER wrote:My next vote will be a spine for the Democrats! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

We need a good "munster rant" here!

I second that. affraid
gettheminNOVEMBER
gettheminNOVEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:12 pm

I saw this on Huffington Post. The GOP is in the losing seat here. It's all good to want to cut spending but the Federal government needs to keep on going. The GOP are first class boneheads. If the government shuts down because they didn't pass a temporary budget while they work through this, voters will see it for what it really is.

Back to top Go down

Post by lendmeflight2 Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:12 pm

Our system is set up to where cooperation is mandatory. There is none coming from the GOP. They feel like that if they shutdown government they can blame it on the Democrats. This historically doesn't work but they have found ways around everything else in the last two years. The democrats could have done away with filibuster but somehow the GOP outsmarted them again. They aren't giving the democrats any acceptable compromises and I am starting to blame the GOP fully. I can see how neither side is really helping but the GOP makes it to where Obama and the democrats can do nothing but object to what they are trying to do.
lendmeflight2
lendmeflight2

Back to top Go down

Post by gettheminNOVEMBER Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:14 pm

lendmeflight2 wrote:Our system is set up to where cooperation is mandatory. There is none coming from the GOP. They feel like that if they shutdown government they can blame it on the Democrats. This historically doesn't work but they have found ways around everything else in the last two years. The democrats could have done away with filibuster but somehow the GOP outsmarted them again. They aren't giving the democrats any acceptable compromises and I am starting to blame the GOP fully. I can see how neither side is really helping but the GOP makes it to where Obama and the democrats can do nothing but object to what they are trying to do.

Like I said before is more important than ever to pick up the phone and tell others to do the same.
gettheminNOVEMBER
gettheminNOVEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post by Abbie Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:21 pm

Yeah well the GOP acts like they are running the show but try calling the Speaker's offices and ask about where the jobs are or H.R. 589 and one of their 'buzz phrases' they use to give you the runaround is how they are only 1/3 of the Gov't and their hands are tied and they can't do anything.
I told the person not to hand me that **** about Obama and the Dems, we know who filibusters everything and who obstructs and holds up this economy while people suffer. Maybe it is about past time the GOP wrote a bill for UI or worked out something for jobs huh and stop trying to blame others.

The GOP is over reaching their 2010 win and it is going to come back to bite them.
Abbie
Abbie

Back to top Go down

Post by gettheminNOVEMBER Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:34 pm

Abbie wrote:Yeah well the GOP acts like they are running the show but try calling the Speaker's offices and ask about where the jobs are or H.R. 589 and one of their 'buzz phrases' they use to give you the runaround is how they are only 1/3 of the Gov't and their hands are tied and they can't do anything.
I told the person not to hand me that **** about Obama and the Dems, we know who filibusters everything and who obstructs and holds up this economy while people suffer. Maybe it is about past time the GOP wrote a bill for UI or worked out something for jobs huh and stop trying to blame others.

The GOP is over reaching their 2010 win and it is going to come back to bite them.

They can't hide in the dark like cockroaches forever. geek
gettheminNOVEMBER
gettheminNOVEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post by lendmeflight2 Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:38 pm

This is exactly what the future holds. In the fall of 2012 the GOP will have done nothing for the economy and the American people will see that. If they start trying to impeach Obama it will only get worse for them.

All the while Rome burns...
lendmeflight2
lendmeflight2

Back to top Go down

Post by cps70 Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:43 am

IMO Shut it down! Heck at least that way they can't screw it up anymore then they already have...

cps70

Back to top Go down

Post by kelly Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:52 am

cps70 wrote:IMO Shut it down! Heck at least that way they can't screw it up anymore then they already have...

i agree......once congress stops getting paid,lets see how fast they work to get some solutions
kelly
kelly

Back to top Go down

Post by cps70 Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:08 am

kelly wrote:
cps70 wrote:IMO Shut it down! Heck at least that way they can't screw it up anymore then they already have...

i agree......once congress stops getting paid,lets see how fast they work to get some solutions

Somehow I have this feeling that they will still get paid in-order to take another vacation.........makes me sick!!!!

cps70

Back to top Go down

Post by gettheminNOVEMBER Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:35 am

Agreed! Its time for a wake up cal. I remember the last one was before xmas and my mother was a nurse in a VA hospital, she got no check for xmas. Mad
gettheminNOVEMBER
gettheminNOVEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:52 pm

The GOP is going to be in a really bad spot because Americans are just going to blame the GOP for the shutdown. They said that when they were elected they were going to cut spending and create jobs.

So far, the spending cuts they are trying to do are too drastic that they're going to hurt our country more than help it. Job creation? The GOP has been on control for two months and not a single bill dedicated to jobs creation has been introduced.

Americans already know that the GOP is back to "business as usual" and this is going to result in massive protests against the Republican Party.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 26, 2011 7:07 pm

Makes me sick, as well. But unfortunately, politicians seem to think that the only voice that Americans have and that the only time they should be listened to in on November 2nd and that's just a wrong way of thinking.

If it's one thing that the Wisconsin protests are telling lawmakers, it's that the American people are more than just the elections and that those we elected into office need to stop this archaic way of thinking. Because, otherwise, they could find this country embroiled in another war, the same one that led to "The Civil War" and the "American Revolution" which also led to our country succeeding from the British Empire.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 28, 2011 2:00 pm

I've been keeping an eye on the negotiations for the CR/Budget talks in Congress and I'm wondering if this has been the Republicans all along. If they can just keep debating, arguing and posturing over multiple short term extensions, they won't have to deal with unemployment extensions or job creation because they will waste every session of Congress, every day they are in session, arguing over various short term extension bills.

Republicans don't want a long term bill to pass because then they would be forced to deal with other bills such as HR.589.

Back to top Go down

Post by lendmeflight2 Mon Feb 28, 2011 3:09 pm

They are following their original plan. They are going to do nothing for two years as things get worse. They think they can then blame it on the democrats in 2012. This won't work. The American people will catch on by then, especially if they start trying to impeach Obama and subpoena everyone who ever knew him. I think they are too smart for that though.
lendmeflight2
lendmeflight2

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 28, 2011 3:19 pm

Tell me about it. Like I said, I think Americans are going to figure this out on their own and realize that Congress isn't doing anything production and rise up in protest against Washington.

It's coming. But, I think it's going to be a slow process but it will happen before this year is over. Americans aren't going to wait until the November 2012 elections before they do something. Everybody is noticing how the Wisconsin protests are having an effect on the country and that's exactly what's going to happen.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum