Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
Bill To Help 99ers Deemed Too Costly - "Leave it to Cleaver" EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
Bill To Help 99ers Deemed Too Costly - "Leave it to Cleaver" EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
Bill To Help 99ers Deemed Too Costly - "Leave it to Cleaver" EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
Bill To Help 99ers Deemed Too Costly - "Leave it to Cleaver" EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
Bill To Help 99ers Deemed Too Costly - "Leave it to Cleaver" EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
Bill To Help 99ers Deemed Too Costly - "Leave it to Cleaver" EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
Bill To Help 99ers Deemed Too Costly - "Leave it to Cleaver" EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
Bill To Help 99ers Deemed Too Costly - "Leave it to Cleaver" EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
Bill To Help 99ers Deemed Too Costly - "Leave it to Cleaver" EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
Bill To Help 99ers Deemed Too Costly - "Leave it to Cleaver" EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
Bill To Help 99ers Deemed Too Costly - "Leave it to Cleaver" EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
Bill To Help 99ers Deemed Too Costly - "Leave it to Cleaver" EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
Bill To Help 99ers Deemed Too Costly - "Leave it to Cleaver" EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
Bill To Help 99ers Deemed Too Costly - "Leave it to Cleaver" EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
Bill To Help 99ers Deemed Too Costly - "Leave it to Cleaver" EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
March 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Bill To Help 99ers Deemed Too Costly - "Leave it to Cleaver"

+12
rainer123
delko
tristen303
lendmeflight2
superstevies
Jerry
Jobless_in_Ma
troycomic
Agent Smith
54andpoor
jrgdsp07
Angelicrisis
16 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Bill To Help 99ers Deemed Too Costly - "Leave it to Cleaver" Empty Bill To Help 99ers Deemed Too Costly - "Leave it to Cleaver"

Post by Guest Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:13 pm

The White House did not respond to a request for comment. The administration has estimated that four million Americans will run out of unemployment benefits this year.

Those exhaustees' prospects for additional help are grim. Lee and Scott are meeting with House Republican leaders Thursday to discuss offsetting the cost of jobless benefits with cuts elsewhere in the budget, but the pair may not receive help from their own party. Democratic leaders have adamantly refused to "pay for" re-authorizations of extended unemployment benefits for the past year; none have suggested they would support spending cuts in other areas in order to add 14 weeks to jobless payments.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/04/05/cost-of-bill-to-help-99er_n_844610.html

Although there is some "not so positive" news coming out of the CBC's meeting with President Obama last week, the fact that Obama, nor his administrative staff, have made no comment regarding this still lends hope for the 99ers. The President's administration team could have released a statement that this is out of the question, but have not.

This is another reason to keep up the Call to Action campaign for HR 589, with more emphasis on contacting the President. Yesterday, he announced his intention to seek a second term in office. When you contact him, remind him of how many people will be affected by this bill and that the unemployed and 99er's VOTE, and so do their families.

An all out effort by everyone is needed now. We cannot afford to lose this battle!
Bill To Help 99ers Deemed Too Costly - "Leave it to Cleaver" Ribbon16

Last edited by DesperateInRI on Tue Apr 05, 2011 3:44 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Bill To Help 99ers Deemed Too Costly - "Leave it to Cleaver" Empty Re: Bill To Help 99ers Deemed Too Costly - "Leave it to Cleaver"

Post by Angelicrisis Tue Apr 05, 2011 1:11 pm

Why is there even a debate? Shocked

He needs to humanize hisself. We as people should've evolved from using people as political pawns.

Angelicrisis

Back to top Go down

Bill To Help 99ers Deemed Too Costly - "Leave it to Cleaver" Empty government shutdown

Post by jrgdsp07 Tue Apr 05, 2011 1:19 pm

I have a question I hope someone can answer. I was wondering if the governemnt shutdown does happen, will the meeting still takes place on Thursday between Lee & Scott and the GOP's ?

jrgdsp07

Back to top Go down

Bill To Help 99ers Deemed Too Costly - "Leave it to Cleaver" Empty Re: Bill To Help 99ers Deemed Too Costly - "Leave it to Cleaver"

Post by Guest Tue Apr 05, 2011 1:36 pm

jrgdsp07 wrote:I have a question I hope someone can answer. I was wondering if the governemnt shutdown does happen, will the meeting still takes place on Thursday between Lee & Scott and the GOP's ?

Yes, as of now, even with the government shutdown looming two days after, the meeting is still set for Thursday.

Back to top Go down

Post by 54andpoor Tue Apr 05, 2011 1:39 pm

Maybe we should declare ourselves human cruise missiles and we would be worth $1.2 million.

54andpoor

Back to top Go down

Post by Agent Smith Tue Apr 05, 2011 2:07 pm

54andpoor wrote:Maybe we should declare ourselves human cruise missiles and we would be worth $1.2 million.

I am a big one, so it would cost more. Bill To Help 99ers Deemed Too Costly - "Leave it to Cleaver" 938557
Agent Smith
Agent Smith

Back to top Go down

Bill To Help 99ers Deemed Too Costly - "Leave it to Cleaver" Empty This might be the hint of the last nail

Post by troycomic Tue Apr 05, 2011 3:31 pm

troycomic
troycomic

Back to top Go down

Post by Jobless_in_Ma Tue Apr 05, 2011 3:33 pm

This is a repost.
Jobless_in_Ma
Jobless_in_Ma
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.unemployed-friends2.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Jerry Tue Apr 05, 2011 3:36 pm

Jobless_in_Ma wrote:This is a repost.

Rename it "Leave It To Cleaver!"

Jerry

Back to top Go down

Post by Agent Smith Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:04 pm

Agent Smith
Agent Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by Jobless_in_Ma Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:16 pm

Agent Smith wrote:

Yes repost. News is from March 12.

This was not from March 12th it was from today and also was posted in the beginning of the thread.
Jobless_in_Ma
Jobless_in_Ma
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:18 pm

Agent Smith wrote:

Yes repost. News is from March 12.

Arthur Delaney
Arthur Delaney arthur@huffingtonpost.com
GET UPDATES FROM Arthur
Bill To Help 99ers Deemed Too Costly In White House Meeting
Cleaver

First Posted: 04/ 5/11 10:36 AM ET Updated: 04/ 5/11 10:41 AM ET

Back to top Go down

Post by Agent Smith Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:18 pm

I thought I remembered it from somewhere around this date. Am I getting nuts?
Agent Smith
Agent Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by Jobless_in_Ma Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:33 pm

The article is based on the recent meeting last week between the CBC and the POTUS.
Jobless_in_Ma
Jobless_in_Ma
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by superstevies Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:14 pm

I am no longer convinced that even the CBC wants to help the 99'ers. I feel like it's a re-election ploy. This bill is smelling just like Senator Stabenow.

Sometime things are just too expensive....but I look at it like my grandmother used to when she purchased something that was too costly. She would say "Yes, that is too costly, however, I look at it like it is an investment." The payoff will outway the cost.

Payoff= lives put back on track, food on tables, $ put into the economy in my eyes is an investment.
superstevies
superstevies

Back to top Go down

Post by lendmeflight2 Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:36 pm

In this country we don't think of people as investments anymore. What do corporations always say about their payroll? They call it an expense. Your human labor is not an expense it's an asset, a necessary asset. They can't run business without it. When a big company swallows a smaller one they don't say "it's a big expense" they say "it's an investment". But when an applicant looks for a living wage the hiring manager is always "I don't know, it's such an expense". It's wrong and this attitude has to change if our country is to be saved.
lendmeflight2
lendmeflight2

Back to top Go down

Post by tristen303 Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:20 pm

An investment is only an investment if it pays for itself and provides a return; I think neither side views the long term UE as viable and they will be a causality of the Dems trying to look good for 2012 (they need the UE so they can't give the UE too much until we put them in office as a reward) and the Repubs who view us as no longer an investment (were all fired up for the Dems thanks to our short sight) but a liability there is no upside politically for them.
By aligning ourselves with one side we have sealed our fate with theirs...

tristen303

Back to top Go down

Post by troycomic Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:18 am

He didn't even try. He didn't even give Oboma a chance to say no.

During his meeting the cost came up and said "let's move on".

IT'S DONE BOYS AND GIRLS.
troycomic
troycomic

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:21 am

It aint over until the fat lady sings buddy. And she ain't sang nothing yet. Keep thinking like that but keep it to yourself.

Back to top Go down

Post by troycomic Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:28 am

smindles wrote:It aint over until the fat lady sings buddy. And she ain't sang nothing yet. Keep thinking like that but keep it to yourself.

But that is how the meeting went. HE DID NOT EVEN TRY. He was like a high school kid who wanted to go on a trip "Hey mom I wanna go but it's too expensive". He was hoping Obpma would say "Don't jump to conclusions, let's look at the cost. But he didn't.

This to me was the worst news regarding addition weeks yet. It blew past the Prez. and nothing.

And as far as "keep it to yourself" Freedom of speech my friend.

And no the fat lady HASN'T sung but she sure is humming......amazing grace how sweet the sound...[i]
troycomic
troycomic

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:37 am

It ain't up to Beaver Cleaver. Last I heard Obum never opened his trap at the meeting. He let his spokesman do the talking. The fact that Prez didn't chime in and say no is good enough for me.
You got freedom of speech alright but you aint got freedom to drag us down with you. You want to sink, go for it dude.. Keep huming amazin grace while you are sinking. I'll stay afloat and sing opara at the top of my lungs.. If that dont get Obum to agree nothing will..

Back to top Go down

Post by delko Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:57 am

When the benefits run out for 4 million Americans, that will drop the unemployment rate probably a whole percentage point, as they will no longer have to count these people as unemployed. President Obummer will claim this as a positive sign, and Wall Street will react to the 'positive' news with 'stocks soaring'. Ah yes, the spin cycle continues.

delko

Back to top Go down

Post by troycomic Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:12 am

smindles wrote:It ain't up to Beaver Cleaver. Last I heard Obum never opened his trap at the meeting. He let his spokesman do the talking. The fact that Prez didn't chime in and say no is good enough for me.
You got freedom of speech alright but you aint got freedom to drag us down with you. You want to sink, go for it dude.. Keep huming amazin grace while you are sinking. I'll stay afloat and sing opara at the top of my lungs.. If that dont get Obum to agree nothing will..

I've been on this forum for over a year and a half, and have seen many opinions. Many for these opinions were of a negative "it's over" nature. But I never said keep it to yourself. Just like your avitar. Why do I have to look at a skinny shirtless bleach white man with a ridiculous mullet, but you put it up there because you like it and that is your opinion and that's ok. If the pants come off then that is when "keep it to yourself" will be said.

I want you to sing loud and proud, I want you to be hopeful. I will encourage hope. I am hopeful for thurs, but what I read about that meeting was just damaging to our plight.
troycomic
troycomic

Back to top Go down

Post by rainer123 Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:59 am

I am beginning to think troycomic may be right. Things don't look good for the 99ers

rainer123

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 06, 2011 12:30 pm

I have to say, anytime a bill for unemployment benefits has come up we have witnessed all kinds of bad remarks, insults, lies, and negativity. Why should it be any different this time?

Please don't lose faith. I was upset when I heard this too, but try to remember that this was one mans comment. Until I hear from Rep Lee or Rep Scott that this is over, I am not going to take anything anyone else says to heart.

Tomorrow is another day, lets wait and see what the results are from the meeting with GOP leaders before we get any more upset and discouraged than we already are. Who knows, they could all surprise us. affraid

Bill To Help 99ers Deemed Too Costly - "Leave it to Cleaver" 34243

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next