Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
my "Visit to an American Tent City" EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
my "Visit to an American Tent City" EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
my "Visit to an American Tent City" EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
my "Visit to an American Tent City" EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
my "Visit to an American Tent City" EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
my "Visit to an American Tent City" EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
my "Visit to an American Tent City" EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
my "Visit to an American Tent City" EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
my "Visit to an American Tent City" EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
my "Visit to an American Tent City" EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
my "Visit to an American Tent City" EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
my "Visit to an American Tent City" EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
my "Visit to an American Tent City" EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
my "Visit to an American Tent City" EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
my "Visit to an American Tent City" EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
March 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

my "Visit to an American Tent City"

2 posters

Go down

my "Visit to an American Tent City" Empty my "Visit to an American Tent City"

Post by DewDrop Sat Mar 12, 2011 6:45 pm

This is an article about my visit to a homeless camp in Lakewood, New Jersey. It is operated by Minister Steve Brigham.
http://www.shtfplan.com/headline-news/a-visit-to-an-american-tent-city_03112011

This is Real World Symptom ( not a Symbolic Falsehood like the stock market) of the true underlying condition of America's Sick/Weak (possibly Dying) Economy. The fake infusions of government fiscal and monetary support are only making the ultimate collapse much much worse. One-Sixth of ALL Personal Income in the US is supplied by a government that borrows $0.42+ of Every $1.00 it spends. You don't need an Economics Nobel to determine that this is not sustainable and, if continued at this pace, will END BADLY.

Since 1985, if the economy had been allowed to naturally (without Federal Reserve monetary cocaine blasts) purge itself of imbalances, We would have experienced recessions and maybe a mild Depression; but not an all out Catastrophe.

Now Debt-to-GDP is so far out of wack and our REAL ECONOMIC resource base is so depleted, We have no escape from a horrific economy for a long-long time. And this doesn't account for the severity of the "Economic-Shear-Point" we are approaching (see Catastrophe Theory modeling basics > Rene Frederic Thom).

If the magnitude/time intensity of the trigger event for the next -much more severe- stage of this Great Depression is too big, the American (and World) Economy could easily be scuttled.

The American Economy really is like John Belushi during the last weeks of his life. [url=This is an article about my visit to a homeless camp in Lakewood, New Jersey. It is operated by Minister Steve Brigham. ]This is an article about my visit to a homeless camp in Lakewood, New Jersey. It is operated by Minister Steve Brigham. [/url]

DewDrop

Back to top Go down

my "Visit to an American Tent City" Empty Re: my "Visit to an American Tent City"

Post by Guest Sat Mar 12, 2011 6:56 pm

Welcome to UFF2 and thank you for posting this story. Smile

Back to top Go down

my "Visit to an American Tent City" Empty Re: my "Visit to an American Tent City"

Post by Guest Sat Mar 12, 2011 8:06 pm

Welcome and thanks for sharing! I saw this going around on twitter. It is very sad and warrants more attention. There are many tent cities all over the country and most people don't even know it. I am glad someone is writing about it again.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jobless_in_Ma Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:14 pm

We can tweet this. If you have a twitter account hit the tweet button on the left side fo the fum, this gets it out to all your followers.
Jobless_in_Ma
Jobless_in_Ma
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.unemployed-friends2.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:32 pm

Jobless_in_Ma wrote:We can tweet this. If you have a twitter account hit the tweet button on the left side fo the fum, this gets it out to all your followers.

I should really get a twitter account at some point....

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 13, 2011 10:00 am

Welcome DewDrop! Thank you for posting these pictures. They really are an eye-opener for the majority of Americans. I wish our President and Congress could veiw this to see what a crisis unemployment and poverty is causing in our country today. Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down