Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
FLA House gives 1st ok on reducing jobless benefits EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
FLA House gives 1st ok on reducing jobless benefits EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
FLA House gives 1st ok on reducing jobless benefits EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
FLA House gives 1st ok on reducing jobless benefits EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
FLA House gives 1st ok on reducing jobless benefits EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
FLA House gives 1st ok on reducing jobless benefits EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
FLA House gives 1st ok on reducing jobless benefits EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
FLA House gives 1st ok on reducing jobless benefits EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
FLA House gives 1st ok on reducing jobless benefits EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
FLA House gives 1st ok on reducing jobless benefits EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
FLA House gives 1st ok on reducing jobless benefits EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
FLA House gives 1st ok on reducing jobless benefits EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
FLA House gives 1st ok on reducing jobless benefits EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
FLA House gives 1st ok on reducing jobless benefits EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
FLA House gives 1st ok on reducing jobless benefits EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

FLA House gives 1st ok on reducing jobless benefits

4 posters

Go down

FLA House gives 1st ok on reducing jobless benefits Empty FLA House gives 1st ok on reducing jobless benefits

Post by Jobless_in_Ma Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:10 pm

Jobless_in_Ma
Jobless_in_Ma
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.unemployed-friends2.org

Back to top Go down

FLA House gives 1st ok on reducing jobless benefits Empty Re: FLA House gives 1st ok on reducing jobless benefits

Post by Guest Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:18 pm

This is really getting scary. Why aren't people really screaming in Florida. This is setting up for no one to receive unemployment benefits unless they hire a lawyer and fight, fight, fight. What's next????

Back to top Go down

FLA House gives 1st ok on reducing jobless benefits Empty Re: FLA House gives 1st ok on reducing jobless benefits

Post by ET Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:29 pm

They were rallying in Tallahassee today. Yes..it is really scary. This is a Republican state. There are no jobs here. I am sick to my stomach, that I am stuck in this state. I have nowhere to go. Luckily, I am getting early SS..or I would be out on the street. The GOP, will not be able to attract businesses here. Time stands still in Florida. Everyone is radiated by the sun. Transients come down here, thinking they can live on the beach, under a bridge..etc. It is really, really bad here. I got here via false promises by a guy...the rest is herstory. I am royally f____ked.
Ellen
ET
ET

http://ellenturner.coolpage.biz/

Back to top Go down

Post by chopthis91 Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:40 pm

""It is a measured approach to helping our businesses keep their employees and have the opportunity to hire new employees."

This is a TOTAL LIE!!

Businesses will continue to lay off regardless and they won't hire any more than they already are hiring (or aren't)! The Republicans led by the criminal Rick Scott will lead Florida down the road to ruin. Just like the rest of the Republican party (nationwide) they are....

the party of no
the party of the rich
the party of big corporations
the party of destroying the middle class
the party with no vision for the future

FLA House gives 1st ok on reducing jobless benefits 305108

chopthis91
chopthis91

Back to top Go down

Post by ET Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:47 pm

@chopthis91 you are so right. I just got off the phone from talking with a "social worker" for Career-Central..it was like talking to a robot. They are told what to say. Period. She had no leads for me. Absolute waste of time. I have been signed up with them for six years. But, I guess, because she is "new" didn't know about me. I went back to school through WIA last year..to gain skills in web design. I knew everything else..but got my work up online. That was about it. The social worker had no idea that print still was happening..she thought everything was on the Web. Tell me, what planet do I live on? Oh yeah, I forgot: "The Radiated by the Sun Planet".
I told her that print definitely still existed..but that the books are printed and produced in India, Pakistan, China, Ireland, England.
She thought I was very educated..blah, blah , blah. I am sick to my stomach.
et
ET
ET

Back to top Go down

Post by chopthis91 Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:48 pm

ET wrote:They were rallying in Tallahassee today. Yes..it is really scary. This is a Republican state. There are no jobs here. I am sick to my stomach, that I am stuck in this state. I have nowhere to go. Luckily, I am getting early SS..or I would be out on the street. The GOP, will not be able to attract businesses here. Time stands still in Florida. Everyone is radiated by the sun. Transients come down here, thinking they can live on the beach, under a bridge..etc. It is really, really bad here. I got here via false promises by a guy...the rest is herstory. I am royally f____ked.
Ellen

You're 100% correct. My wife and I are exploring our options which are few. It may just get the point that I start packing things up and move to SC where I have family (job prospects are better there also). The only reason we are still here is because she does have a job but she isn't too happy about that either. There is no future in Florida (unless you are rich). This state is a cess pool of crime and other forms of low lifes and the biggest is GOVERNOR RICK SCOTT!!!!!!!

BLeep

Last edited by chopthis91 on Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
chopthis91
chopthis91

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:52 pm

This is terrible! Crying or Very sad

Back to top Go down

Post by ET Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:54 pm

@chopthis91 you are lucky that you have a place to go. I don't. I have a friend in Hollywood, FL who has been unemployed longer than me. She is a year older and multitalented in video, etc. She just started getting some freelance work and is back in school on a student loan, so that she can pay her bills. I guess school will last as long as she can make it last. She does not have to pay back the loan, til school ends. She already has a Master's degree. She is going for an Associate's in whatever. Unbelievable..crap we have to go through.
So, the only place for me to go...is out of this country. I still own this house. Just don't know what to do right now.
et
ET
ET

Back to top Go down

Post by chopthis91 Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:56 pm

ET wrote:@chopthis91 you are so right. I just got off the phone from talking with a "social worker" for Career-Central..it was like talking to a robot. They are told what to say. Period. She had no leads for me. Absolute waste of time. I have been signed up with them for six years. But, I guess, because she is "new" didn't know about me. I went back to school through WIA last year..to gain skills in web design. I knew everything else..but got my work up online. That was about it. The social worker had no idea that print still was happening..she thought everything was on the Web. Tell me, what planet do I live on? Oh yeah, I forgot: "The Radiated by the Sun Planet".
I told her that print definitely still existed..but that the books are printed and produced in India, Pakistan, China, Ireland, England.
She thought I was very educated..blah, blah , blah. I am sick to my stomach.
et

I know what you mean. There are a lot of deceitful companies in Florida including these so-called employment services. This is a service industry state based mostly on tourism and hospitality. This is one reason why unemployment benefit rates are some of the lowest in the country (low paying jobs). Can't wait til the day I'm crossing the Florida/Georgia state line GOING NORTH cause I'm not looking back!!!
chopthis91
chopthis91

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazed&Confused Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:00 pm

chopthis91 wrote:""It is a measured approach to helping our businesses keep their employees and have the opportunity to hire new employees."

This is a TOTAL LIE!!

Businesses will continue to lay off regardless and they won't hire any more than they already are hiring (or aren't)! The Republicans led by the criminal Rick Scott will lead Florida down the road to ruin. Just like the rest of the Republican party (nationwide) they are....

the party of no
the party of the rich
the party of big corporations
the party of destroying the middle class
the party with no vision for the future

FLA House gives 1st ok on reducing jobless benefits 305108

This is one big freakin' party ain't it. Wait until they see our party, when a few more million people have their backs against the wall, and this is coming soon, they will see OUR PARTY, the Party of VERY PISSED OFF. D&C

oOpPsS: Was I allow to say that? FLA House gives 1st ok on reducing jobless benefits 895764
Dazed&Confused
Dazed&Confused

Back to top Go down

Post by chopthis91 Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:03 pm

ET wrote:@chopthis91 you are lucky that you have a place to go. I don't. I have a friend in Hollywood, FL who has been unemployed longer than me. She is a year older and multitalented in video, etc. She just started getting some freelance work and is back in school on a student loan, so that she can pay her bills. I guess school will last as long as she can make it last. She does not have to pay back the loan, til school ends. She already has a Master's degree. She is going for an Associate's in whatever. Unbelievable..crap we have to go through.
So, the only place for me to go...is out of this country. I still own this house. Just don't know what to do right now.
et

Leaving America may be a good idea for all of us the way things are going. Things look very bleak but Florida is at or near the top of the list. God bless us all in these terrible times!
chopthis91
chopthis91

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down