Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
Outsourced Call Centers EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
Outsourced Call Centers EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
Outsourced Call Centers EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
Outsourced Call Centers EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
Outsourced Call Centers EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
Outsourced Call Centers EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
Outsourced Call Centers EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
Outsourced Call Centers EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
Outsourced Call Centers EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
Outsourced Call Centers EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
Outsourced Call Centers EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
Outsourced Call Centers EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
Outsourced Call Centers EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
Outsourced Call Centers EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
Outsourced Call Centers EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
March 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Outsourced Call Centers

4 posters

Go down

Outsourced Call Centers Empty Outsourced Call Centers

Post by Guest Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:51 pm

The one thing I cannot stand is when I received a phone call from a company, agency or debt collector where I cannot understand just what in the heck they are trying to say. Often, they're using broken English or I have to get them to repeat what they said because I cannot understand them.

I cannot say how many times I have just up and hung the phone up on them because they weren't speaking clear enough so that I could understand what they're saying. While these outsourced call centers for American businesses and debt collectors can speak some English, often, their speech is so deep in their own culture that I cannot understand what they're saying. You know when someone's accent is so strong that you have a hard time trying to understand what they're saying?

It's not a slant and I can often try to understand what a lot of foreigners are trying to say, but some people's accent in their own language is so strong that it's hard to understand what they're saying. I don't know how else to explain it rather than that. They don't have to be able to speak English fluently, but, it would be nice if these call centers actually hired people where you could understand them the first time around. If I have to ask someone to repeat themselves because I cannot understand them, then it's not worth my time trying to speak to you. It's easier to understand the person when you're face to face, but, over the phone? It's just ridiculous.

Back to top Go down

Outsourced Call Centers Empty Re: Outsourced Call Centers

Post by americatheneedy Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:37 pm

Foreigners calling me to collect a debt that I can't pay because they got the jobs over there?? Not on my watch!
americatheneedy
americatheneedy

Back to top Go down

Post by LaRose Tue Mar 08, 2011 4:49 pm

Before I was laid-off from my job, my company outsourced their internal IT department. It was, and I'm told still is, a nightmare. I often had to call two or three times to get a satisfactory resolution to my hardware or software problem, and language was always an issue.

The irony is, this was a software company. At one time, I worked as a tech support analyst at their call center. I moved into a different position shortly before they outsourced their tech support department, and laid-off all of my former coworkers. I stayed at that position, as a tech writer, for ten years, until they outsourced all of their writing to India.

When I was taking calls, I always tried my very best to resolve my customers' issues as quickly and accurately as possible. Still, there were always people who were angry and complained that they were on hold for 10 minutes, or that I might have to call them back after I researched their issue. I wonder how happy those people are now that the call center is in Pune?

LaRose

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:46 pm

I simply hang up on them. I had one person, whom I could not understand, calling me at home. I couldn't understand him and he started to get huffy with me on the phone so I just hung up on him. After several calls, he finally got the message.

Another caller basically told me I was breaking the law and that he would call the police on me if I didn't pay my debt. Told him to "screw off" then I hung up on him.

I don't like to be offended on the phone.

Back to top Go down

Post by keilowkei Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:51 pm

How many calls do you get from debt collection agencies that the person calling is not foreign???Might be easier to add them up....Nice to see that they made a T.V show out of this bad situation also..Outsourced... Outsourced Call Centers 681285

keilowkei

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:53 pm

Very few, maybe one or two. 99.99% of the callers are all from India. I can understand broken English to a degree. But these people, their accent is so heavy that it's impossible to understand them.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathleen Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:12 pm

Well the language / accent divide may be getting resolved slowly, as the are now "out sourcing in the USA". Places like ACS (Xerox company) are hiring folks promising more than minimum wage then actually paying less for a "training period" of six weeks or more. You have scripts to read and are reprimanded if you deviate from said scripts.

Years ago I applied to Xerox in Seattle and was asked to come in for an unpaid "evaluation" work day. I did and proved (ok in my opinion) I could do the job. THEN they asked me to come in the next day; again unpaid!!! I declined. This company loves cloned, mindless, script reading workers.

The low pay isn't a big factor; when it's the lack of respect you get from both your employer and the people on the other end fed up with the poor scripting and the lack of help you could provide them if allowed.

If it's an unsolicited call and they ask for Mr. or Mrs. X; sorry that would be my parents and they are both dead. HEHEHEHE
Kathleen
Kathleen

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down