Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
Please send us an updated copy of your resume EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
Please send us an updated copy of your resume EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
Please send us an updated copy of your resume EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
Please send us an updated copy of your resume EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
Please send us an updated copy of your resume EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
Please send us an updated copy of your resume EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
Please send us an updated copy of your resume EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
Please send us an updated copy of your resume EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
Please send us an updated copy of your resume EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
Please send us an updated copy of your resume EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
Please send us an updated copy of your resume EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
Please send us an updated copy of your resume EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
Please send us an updated copy of your resume EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
Please send us an updated copy of your resume EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
Please send us an updated copy of your resume EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Please send us an updated copy of your resume

4 posters

Go down

Please send us an updated copy of your resume Empty Please send us an updated copy of your resume

Post by Orome Sat Mar 16, 2013 2:44 am

Is this just another way of weeding out those that are long term unemployed?
Had an employer e-mail me regarding my application to a temp job asking for an updated resume saying once they receive it I will be contacted for a short phone interview. I did, but no followup interview happened. I've had this happen a number of times before and if an employer asks for an updated copy of your resume (after you have already submitted one) it seems likely they just want to see if you have been out of work for a long time. The job was a contract engineering aid position (I used to work as an professional engineer). I may be a little overqualified, but I would gladly take the position.
Being long term unemployed makes me feel like I'm a convicted felon.

Orome

Back to top Go down

Please send us an updated copy of your resume Empty Re: Please send us an updated copy of your resume

Post by gorlg Fri May 03, 2013 11:06 pm

Happens ... it is another form of keeping you on a leash. They are checking the job pool in your area. If you investigate, it is possible they do not even hire for a position.

gorlg

Back to top Go down

Please send us an updated copy of your resume Empty Re: Please send us an updated copy of your resume

Post by USA Citizen Sat May 04, 2013 2:34 am

Orome wrote:
Being long term unemployed makes me feel like I'm a convicted felon.
Unemployed Americans are not alone in feeling like criminals. We are no longer a part of polite society. We are no longer invited to parties or family gatherings. We are not called in for job interviews if our resumes indicate long-term unemployment. We are forced to cash in our 401k money just to get by and then are blamed for having to use life-long savings and sell precious possessions. We are marginalized and told we have to start a new business because we can't get jobs. We are blamed for being poor and needy. We are the unemployed criminals. Our crime is believing in the American way. We believed that our jobs wouldn't be given to foreigners. Our crime is trusting our politicians to look after our needs instead of cutting unemployment benefits and training programs. Our crime is voting for leaders who only really wanted was the money from lobbyists. Our crime is keeping silent about our pain and suffering. Our crime is believing that it will get better. Our crime is believing that the stock market or government statistics will mean jobs are coming to us soon. Our crime is acting like sheep when our politicians and business leaders herd us to the financial cliff and look the other way when our brothers and sisters fall to their deaths. Our crime is ignoring those of us who have given up hope and go on to commit suicide. Our crime is the silence of the lambs going to the slaughter.
USA Citizen
USA Citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by jmainframe Sat May 04, 2013 7:49 am

I don't want to get started on "our politicians". Ther're a bunch of incompetent, retarted drunks, drunk not only on alcohol but also on power, who turned their backs on the educated, hard-working wing of the middle and upper-middle class. The only reason they're gainfully employed and we're not is because of who they know (and are related to), not what they know. Enough said about those parasites.

The unemployed/underemployed lack 2 key things in order to get those politicians to listen to us. Money and/or organization. It's impossible to raise money amongst ourselves in our situation. It's less impossible for us to organize, but for some reason we can't even do that. We've discussed this ad nauseum in this and other forums, but to no avail. I give those minority groups a lot of credit for the way they're able to organize and vote as a bloc in order for them to get their way.
jmainframe
jmainframe

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down