Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
Can I Check what ex-employer says about me?? EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
Can I Check what ex-employer says about me?? EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
Can I Check what ex-employer says about me?? EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
Can I Check what ex-employer says about me?? EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
Can I Check what ex-employer says about me?? EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
Can I Check what ex-employer says about me?? EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
Can I Check what ex-employer says about me?? EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
Can I Check what ex-employer says about me?? EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
Can I Check what ex-employer says about me?? EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
Can I Check what ex-employer says about me?? EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
Can I Check what ex-employer says about me?? EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
Can I Check what ex-employer says about me?? EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
Can I Check what ex-employer says about me?? EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
Can I Check what ex-employer says about me?? EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
Can I Check what ex-employer says about me?? EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Can I Check what ex-employer says about me??

2 posters

Go down

Can I Check what ex-employer says about me?? Empty Can I Check what ex-employer says about me??

Post by Screwed Over Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:50 am

I remember reading SOMEWHERE that you can hire a company to call your ex-employer to see what they say about you. I have hired a lawyer because I was let go after 30 years, and they reposted my job immediately -- different title, less salary, and I am in a protected class.

I have been applying for jobs, but in the back of my head I have a feeling my ex-employer "might" be saying something ..... does anybody know FOR SURE of a reputable company I can hire to do this for me? I only want to know of a proven, honest company ...

Thanks~

Screwed Over

Back to top Go down

Can I Check what ex-employer says about me?? Empty Re: Can I Check what ex-employer says about me??

Post by Guest Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:59 am

Why hire a firm to do this? A relative or good friend who has some knowledge of Human Resources could do it for nothing. Just my opinion, but a company in this line of business is taking advantage of the unemployed.

Back to top Go down

Can I Check what ex-employer says about me?? Empty Re: Can I Check what ex-employer says about me??

Post by MaryKay Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:24 am

Screwed Over, it's good to see you here. Hoping you are well.

I agree with DIRI, the limited info you would get wouldn't be worth the money. Most companies, Universities etc will only give a standard reference, most for fear of lawsuits. They will give them your length of service, year hired, beginning and ending salary (sometimes) depending on State law and company policy. Many times they will be asked if they would rehire and generally, the answers are there is no position here at this time.

For that reason, it's always best to list references, one at the company who can honestly answer all questions about you and your work.

One thing you can do, by law, is request a copy of your personnel file or "jacket". That will answer any questions about your old company, or if hired, you can ask the new company for it after you start. It should contain you application, paperwork regarding hiring and any letters of reference, your background check etc. It is your right to view them.

MaryKay

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down