Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
Is this what we are coming to? Story behind the Empire State Bldg. carnage. EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
Is this what we are coming to? Story behind the Empire State Bldg. carnage. EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
Is this what we are coming to? Story behind the Empire State Bldg. carnage. EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
Is this what we are coming to? Story behind the Empire State Bldg. carnage. EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
Is this what we are coming to? Story behind the Empire State Bldg. carnage. EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
Is this what we are coming to? Story behind the Empire State Bldg. carnage. EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
Is this what we are coming to? Story behind the Empire State Bldg. carnage. EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
Is this what we are coming to? Story behind the Empire State Bldg. carnage. EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
Is this what we are coming to? Story behind the Empire State Bldg. carnage. EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
Is this what we are coming to? Story behind the Empire State Bldg. carnage. EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
Is this what we are coming to? Story behind the Empire State Bldg. carnage. EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
Is this what we are coming to? Story behind the Empire State Bldg. carnage. EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
Is this what we are coming to? Story behind the Empire State Bldg. carnage. EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
Is this what we are coming to? Story behind the Empire State Bldg. carnage. EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
Is this what we are coming to? Story behind the Empire State Bldg. carnage. EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
October 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Is this what we are coming to? Story behind the Empire State Bldg. carnage.

5 posters

Go down

Is this what we are coming to? Story behind the Empire State Bldg. carnage. Empty Is this what we are coming to? Story behind the Empire State Bldg. carnage.

Post by Guest Sat Aug 25, 2012 9:00 am

"A decline in sales led to the sort of belt-tightening that occurred all over, and Mr. Johnson, who could be replaced with a lower-paid employee, was an easy target. "He didn't freak out," the longtime co-worker said. "He wanted to keep his computer; fine, no problem. There were no threats, none of that." Once, the co-worker ran into Mr. Johnson on the street; he seemed fine."

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2012/08/25/nyregion/in-empire-state-killing-a-grudge-boiled-over.xml

Back to top Go down

Is this what we are coming to? Story behind the Empire State Bldg. carnage. Empty Re: Is this what we are coming to? Story behind the Empire State Bldg. carnage.

Post by jmainframe Sun Aug 26, 2012 3:21 am

Once again, the media will harp on the fact that the shooter was unemployed, and once again the unemployed will be demonized because of it. The media will also try to portray this as another isolated case.

In my opinion, the shooter was victomized by his boss/coworker and was pushed over the edge. Although the shooter was a soft-spoken loner, his neighbors say he was a really nice guy. He had no criminal record and no history of mental problems.

Let this be a lesson to those who go around screwing people and screwing with people's heads, livelyhoods, and careers. Although the vast majority will merely fanticize about putting you in a hospital or in a hole in the ground, some, who have the means MAY actually act on it!
jmainframe
jmainframe

Back to top Go down

Is this what we are coming to? Story behind the Empire State Bldg. carnage. Empty Re: Is this what we are coming to? Story behind the Empire State Bldg. carnage.

Post by MaryKay Sun Aug 26, 2012 12:56 pm

It's such a sad story. Sad for all. Prayers for all of their families.

MaryKay

Back to top Go down

Post by elvis44102 Sun Aug 26, 2012 7:00 pm

Looks like its pretty much he shot the man that fired him and the Police shot the rest....with rush limbaugh sputtering some of his nonsence for good measure......
elvis44102
elvis44102

Back to top Go down

Post by snday Sun Aug 26, 2012 11:36 pm

such a sad story!

snday

Back to top Go down

Post by JadeBlue Sun Sep 02, 2012 11:43 pm

My friend works just down the street from there so I heard it from her first on her Facebook, before the story even broke. They've made efforts to reduce bullying in schools, why not at work, too? Employers only care about their company, they never stand up for their employees anymore.

I was really happy to hear that a friend of mine was asked to meet with the board at the college he works for regarding his boss. Supposedly a handful of former employees cited him during their exit interviews. My friend has complained about this guy for 2 years, but never did anything about it, so it's good to see Human Resources actually doing their job.

Arrrgh. Why do people like that ever get hired as managers? This is why I want to work in middle management, I could do it 5 times better than half of the people I've met. No drama! No slacking!

JadeBlue

Back to top Go down

Post by jmainframe Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:13 am

Yeah, it has to be an across-the-board effort by ALL companies at ALL levels. Workers have been "going postal" for generations, but it seemed to reach epidemic levels in the last several years. Until recently, the blame was placed squarely on the disgruntled worker, but it appears now (FINALLY) that more light is being shed on the environment in which this person worked. I believe the current work environment, where 1 person is required to do the work of 3 or more people is finally taking its toll.

The schools seem to be doing a better job of controlling the problem. If companies do nothing though, it's just delaying the inevatable, where an individual is thrown to the wolves when they get their first job out of school. Nothing like starting a career on a bad note and leaving a scar for life!

I wonder how many unemployed people ultimately became that way as a result of bullying, thinking if they just go away quietly and don't let the door hit them on the way out, they'll have a better chance getting another job, than if they try to stand up to their former bully, er, employer?
jmainframe
jmainframe

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down