Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
To All our Valued Members and Friends~ EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
To All our Valued Members and Friends~ EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
To All our Valued Members and Friends~ EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
To All our Valued Members and Friends~ EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
To All our Valued Members and Friends~ EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
To All our Valued Members and Friends~ EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
To All our Valued Members and Friends~ EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
To All our Valued Members and Friends~ EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
To All our Valued Members and Friends~ EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
To All our Valued Members and Friends~ EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
To All our Valued Members and Friends~ EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
To All our Valued Members and Friends~ EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
To All our Valued Members and Friends~ EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
To All our Valued Members and Friends~ EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
To All our Valued Members and Friends~ EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

To All our Valued Members and Friends~

4 posters

:: Lobby :: Announcements

Go down

To All our Valued Members and Friends~ Empty To All our Valued Members and Friends~

Post by Guest Tue Jul 24, 2012 1:24 pm

Good Morning everyone,

We all wanted to just take a minute and update you all on a few things, and ask for suggestions and ideas.

First, to all our new members, welcome! We hope you find a home and family here. We have noticed that some new registrations are not getting through and just wanted all to know that a valid email address is required for registration, if not, it's not allowing you to register.

Secondly, we are asking all the family to join us in posting questions and ideas you may have that you need help with, answers to, or ways we can head the forum to address our seemingly endless ordeal of no benefits, no jobs and no job prospects. While we think we cover many of these, we welcome new ideas and input from all.

Again, we hope all our family is doing as well as can be expected in these awful times, we are glad you are all here and we hope to be able to help everyone as best we can.

I am posting a new topic for Ideas and Questions. Please send yours in.

Thank you.

Most fondly,

Your Admins at UFF2.0
Jobless In MA, desperateinri,sick and tired and MaryKay To All our Valued Members and Friends~ 34243

Back to top Go down

To All our Valued Members and Friends~ Empty Re: To All our Valued Members and Friends~

Post by superstevies Tue Jul 24, 2012 1:46 pm

Mary Kay...I am having problems with clothing. A suit to be specific, I have gained too much weight while not working & my interview clothes no longer even come close to fitting. UUUGGGGhhhh Do you know of any clothing resources.

I know mens whse. collects suits for needy people but didn't say how to be one of the needy people...lol.

I'm sure there are others out there like me who can't afford to even go to good will & have only a small amount of dress clothing & sizing issues all sizes are not avil. I'm sure momen are having the same probs. with dress professional clothing not being realily at had when & if we get those fery few face to face interviews. We want to make good first impressions & it's hard with clothes that don't fit. It already kills my already low self esteem.

Anybody else out there run into this problem?
superstevies
superstevies

Back to top Go down

To All our Valued Members and Friends~ Empty Re: To All our Valued Members and Friends~

Post by Guest Tue Jul 24, 2012 2:14 pm

I will check with mens warehouse and I will check with our "return to work" action group in NJ and see if they know of a contact for national information and post. Just give me a few minutes.

Thanks for posting ss. Good to hear from you, as always.

I, too have this issue sort of, they fit, but both are black suits, more suited for Fall, Winter, Spring. I had an interview last Friday, it was 101 here and the interviewer actually asked, wasn't I hot??? She said she appreciated me dressing appropriately though. At that point my confidence level went to my ankles. I was just glad she "couldn't see me sweat".

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 24, 2012 2:19 pm

Here is what I found so far:

http://www.menswearhouse.com/shop/ContentAttachmentView_-1_12751_12001_10652_68072__NatSuitDrive10NonProf2.html#CA

It lists the places and phone numbers. I am going to try and contact Mens Warehouse directly and get a together some information. It may take me a bit, but I will do this.

I will also get some information for Women as well. It may take me a bit, but I will have it posted and ready for tomorrow.

Above information is rough, just copied it and pasted here, I will try and get a contact and find out who qualifies, what is available and if we can donate what we can no longer use. Mens Warehouse is donating new ties for every suit donated and they are sent to non-profits.

Back to top Go down

Post by superstevies Tue Jul 24, 2012 3:19 pm

Thanks MK...none of the CA places are very close to me, but I will look into it.
superstevies
superstevies

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 24, 2012 5:22 pm

I spoke with the one in Bakersfield to try and get more information. I am waiting for a return call from a Mr. Martinez. They not only do clothing, but workforce development.

He is supposed to call me at home tomorrow and I will post, I will ask him about Rancho, is that the closest to you ss?

I am also going to start checking out the other sites for all the members, if you are in need let me know and I will do them in that order.

Back to top Go down

Post by superstevies Tue Jul 24, 2012 6:28 pm

Yes, MK...I am in Rancho Cucamonga, however, I didn't mean you had to spend your time or rescources (cell phone) doing what I could do. You had said if we had any topic ideas to do so, so that's why I suggested this as a topic.

I appreciate what you are doing...thanks a bunch.
superstevies
superstevies

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 24, 2012 6:35 pm

It's no problem ss. I am glad to do it for a friend. When they call back, I will let you know. What I am hoping is he gives me some other resources that I can post as well.

Have a good night.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 24, 2012 7:01 pm

Hi guys, most YWCA's have a program called your sister's closet, and it is designed around helping women get back into the workforce. They absolutely have clothing for interviews, and are very helpful in getting you your size for several outfits. I am not sure about the YMCA, but I wouldn't be surprised that they also operate something very similiar for men. I believe the sister's closet is a national program, so it is most likely in most major cities that have a facility operating under the YMCA non-profit. I have been buying at goodwill, they have excellent things for very little compared to target, etc. But, I certainly understand that is not always affordable either. However, most everyone working at Goodwill has gotten the job there by attending their work training programs. Good thread MK and DIR, SIT, and MA.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 24, 2012 7:53 pm

Thanks for this info disgusted. I will do some further checking on YMCA/YWCA and see what I can find. Thanks again.

Back to top Go down

Post by MaryKay Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:00 am

Just an update, I have emailed and called both places again today, requesting information for our site. If and when I receive, I will let you all know.

Didn't want you to think I had forgotten, just not getting any information back yet. Sorry.

MaryKay

Back to top Go down

Post by zeeshan Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:53 am

Friends (stylized as F•R•I•E•N•D•S) is an American sitcom created by David Crane and Marta Kauffman, which aired on NBC from September 22, 1994 to May 6, 2004. The series revolves around a group of friends in Manhattan. The series was produced by Bright/Kauffman/Crane Productions, in association with Warner Bros. Television. The original executive producers were Crane, Kauffman and Kevin S. Bright, with numerous others being promoted in later seasons. What a Face

Last edited by zeeshan on Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:08 am; edited 1 time in total

zeeshan

Back to top Go down

Post by DesperateInRI Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:32 am

zeeshan wrote:Friends (stylized as F•R•I•E•N•D•S) is an American sitcom created by David Crane and Marta Kauffman, which aired on NBC from September 22, 1994 to May 6, 2004. The series revolves around a group of friends in Manhattan. The series was produced by Bright/Kauffman/Crane Productions, in association with Warner Bros. Television. The original executive producers were Crane, Kauffman and Kevin S. Bright, with numerous others being promoted in later seasons. What a Face

To All our Valued Members and Friends~ 944440
DesperateInRI
DesperateInRI
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:45 am

zeeshan wrote:Friends (stylized as F•R•I•E•N•D•S) is an American sitcom created by David Crane and Marta Kauffman, which aired on NBC from September 22, 1994 to May 6, 2004. The series revolves around a group of friends in Manhattan. The series was produced by Bright/Kauffman/Crane Productions, in association with Warner Bros. Television. The original executive producers were Crane, Kauffman and Kevin S. Bright, with numerous others being promoted in later seasons. What a Face

At least this looney bird poster followed suit from the previous poster and looney bird - ahhhh the forum has been invaded! lol... that was a riot.

Back to top Go down

Post by DesperateInRI Sun Dec 16, 2012 3:28 pm

smindles wrote:

At least this looney bird poster followed suit from the previous poster and looney bird - ahhhh the forum has been invaded! lol... that was a riot.
LMAO Thanks for the laugh! I needed that!
DesperateInRI
DesperateInRI
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:04 pm

Yeah, that admin was a wolf in sheep's clothing. Damn outdated 99er letter instead of directing individuals how to make the transition on our way to recovery.

Gotta keep up with the times and be realistic to people.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

:: Lobby :: Announcements

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum