Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
~8.2% and Still Struggling ~ EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
~8.2% and Still Struggling ~ EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
~8.2% and Still Struggling ~ EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
~8.2% and Still Struggling ~ EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
~8.2% and Still Struggling ~ EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
~8.2% and Still Struggling ~ EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
~8.2% and Still Struggling ~ EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
~8.2% and Still Struggling ~ EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
~8.2% and Still Struggling ~ EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
~8.2% and Still Struggling ~ EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
~8.2% and Still Struggling ~ EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
~8.2% and Still Struggling ~ EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
~8.2% and Still Struggling ~ EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
~8.2% and Still Struggling ~ EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
~8.2% and Still Struggling ~ EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

~8.2% and Still Struggling ~

Go down

~8.2% and Still Struggling ~ Empty ~8.2% and Still Struggling ~

Post by Guest Mon Jul 09, 2012 8:11 pm

Back to top Go down

~8.2% and Still Struggling ~ Empty Re: ~8.2% and Still Struggling ~

Post by invisiblecitizen Tue Jul 10, 2012 7:49 am

None of the government officials are concerned with the lack of jobs. Their salaries are received on time so that they can be 100% dedicated to pleasing their corporate masters. They don't need us except for once every two to four years for our votes - then we are pushed to the back of the shelf until "next time." Protecting the (non) health care industry is all that matters now, and that means keeping us and our families from having the top-tier coverage that they and their families depend on.

Their only concerns regarding the unemployed is "how can they force us to pay more taxes."

invisiblecitizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:17 am

Oh so true invisible. But we can vote and that sends a message.

Back to top Go down

Post by invisiblecitizen Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:28 am

You are right Mary Kay, we can send a message - but how strong is that message when the populace is so divided? The presently employed are buying into the repeated suggestion that the unemployed aren't trying. They pretend to believe that the unemployed are soooo happy to get that free unemployment check and that is why the unemployment rate is so high. While our elected officials, that are supposed to look our for our best interests, are being lavished with untold sums of money, most of the unemployed aren't even sure they will be able to vote on election day. Most of us aren't even sure where we will be by then. We are being systemically eliminated. What most people don't realize is that they are already working on robbing/eliminating the next batch of 99%ers. We are being attacked in groups. This is how the unemployment rate is kept low, and this is how they keep us from having a large showing of discontent.

Nothing will be done about jobs this year. Right now, con-gress is busily raking in money to get re-elected. After the elections, we will have a lame duck con-gress that will be free to pass laws that are unfairly in their favor. During the first quarter of 2013, con-gress will test the winds so see what to do or not do about unemployment. All the while, we will continue to be plundered group by group. Not large groups because that will be too much anger unleashed at one time. It will be done the same as its being done now - one steady group of people after another after another.

Our only hope is to elect people that are dedicated to rebuilding America and putting Americans back to work. Problem is, the liars look and sound just like the honest candidates; except the liars will have much much more money.

I know I sound like I have lost all faith in this system of government. So far, I haven't seen one sign that makes me think I could be wrong.

invisiblecitizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:11 pm

invisible, I feel your frustration, really I do, but I can't sit back and do nothing. I know you are continuing to fight, but not enough of us, who are unemployed are fighting the good fight. I know it's hard after three or four years, particularly when it seem to fall on deaf ears, but I can't let it go. Millions of us are just left on the road to die and we have one voice they will hear if they ignore us until November, we have our vote.

I encourage all of us to get loud, take to twitter, pen and paper, email, phones, faxes or your neighborhood meetings etc and get loud, I don't suggest screaming, I suggest not giving up until we make them listen. If we wait until November, it could get worse before it gets better. ~8.2% and Still Struggling ~ 34243

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:12 pm

Isn't everyone sick of hearing that lower taxes create jobs???? So far that's worked well.

Back to top Go down

Post by invisiblecitizen Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:43 pm

Agreed - so far, everything they have done is a failure, and they keep repeating. Now they are ready to give the banks another stimulus - I guess the banks will continue to receive money until they decide to spend it on something other than themselves. But I don't think killing them with kindness is going to work this time either. I just hope the November elections will send a message that we the people want them to get to work putting this country back on track... pronto.

In England, the banks are now embroiled in this LIBOR scandal and investors are lining up to sue because of the long-running deception. I haven't heard a word on our mainstream news about any of that and I just hope we aren't left holding the bag to bail them out under the guise of some other crisis. If that happens, it will be the perfect excuse to kick a jobs bill further down the road.

The workers in this country might need to create an alternate economy that doesn't need the big banks' intervention because they have proven over and over that their only reason to be is to rob us of everything. They sure are doing a good job of that!

invisiblecitizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down