Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
Job seekers caught in a tangled web of nightmares EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
Job seekers caught in a tangled web of nightmares EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
Job seekers caught in a tangled web of nightmares EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
Job seekers caught in a tangled web of nightmares EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
Job seekers caught in a tangled web of nightmares EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
Job seekers caught in a tangled web of nightmares EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
Job seekers caught in a tangled web of nightmares EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
Job seekers caught in a tangled web of nightmares EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
Job seekers caught in a tangled web of nightmares EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
Job seekers caught in a tangled web of nightmares EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
Job seekers caught in a tangled web of nightmares EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
Job seekers caught in a tangled web of nightmares EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
Job seekers caught in a tangled web of nightmares EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
Job seekers caught in a tangled web of nightmares EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
Job seekers caught in a tangled web of nightmares EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
March 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Job seekers caught in a tangled web of nightmares

4 posters

Go down

Job seekers caught in a tangled web of nightmares Empty Job seekers caught in a tangled web of nightmares

Post by Guest Mon Jun 04, 2012 3:15 pm

America's unemployed are faced with a myriad of problems ranging from unsuccessful job searches to reductions in state and federal unemployment benefits, additional requirements to receive federal EUC (Emergency Unemployment Compensation), ongoing problems with the processing of their unemployment applications and claims that they no longer have the skills necessary to fill today's job openings.
http://www.examiner.com/article/job-seekers-caught-a-tangled-web-of-nightmares

Back to top Go down

Job seekers caught in a tangled web of nightmares Empty Re: Job seekers caught in a tangled web of nightmares

Post by Guest Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:02 pm

It's up to all of us, all the unemployed to fight this as hard as we can. Job seekers caught in a tangled web of nightmares 34243

Back to top Go down

Job seekers caught in a tangled web of nightmares Empty Re: Job seekers caught in a tangled web of nightmares

Post by jmainframe Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:14 pm

Job Seekers Caught In A Tangled Web Of Nightmares, AND LIES!
jmainframe
jmainframe

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:12 pm

MaryKay wrote:It's up to all of us, all the unemployed to fight this as hard as we can. Job seekers caught in a tangled web of nightmares 34243

MaryKay, fight what???

How many of us have gone for retraining... gone to the nth degree and made looking for a job our forty hour work week?

It's hard, depressing, and certainly delibilating at times... but each of us have to ask, really, "have we pushed ourselves to the max"? Are we so dependent on others to provide us our independence (dependence). Why isn't anyone starting their own business? Why does everyone rate themselves as unemployed, underemployed, or "not breathing"? What's the deal here?

Everyone knows the answer but the answer seems always to fall, demand, and lie in the pocket or pocketbook of SOMEONE ELSE!

MaryKay, I'm not trying to be contrary. But I certainly can't entertain "in the air" crowd pleasing remarks. I see this too much lately. Remarks that have no substance. "Cut & Paste" hyperlinks to the purposeful doom and gloom airhead publishers that get paid to attract an audience. Want to be sucked in or face reality?

Let's instead help each other get to the other side. Make sense?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:20 am

Okay, Alone......... give us some suggestions! Can you even come up with one, except "start your own business", which is a joke for most of us here. We have NO money and the banks are not likely to give us any for a new enterprise in this economy! MAKE SENSE?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:48 am

Suggestions? Okay, will do.

Can't do right now... own a modeling agency now which I was able to build by developing a business plan which provided the proof positive to obtain private investor $$$ backing - and I'm so happily busy. BRB in a bit.

Back to top Go down

Post by Atctz Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:58 am

I Just wanted to chime in here on this subject. First off it's good to see people posting again on this forum again, it got really quiet for a while. I'm glad to see Mary Kay, and others back.

Okay Alone in NY, I do agree with some of what you say, however the starting your own business thing is very, very difficult for many people. First off many unemployed go into huge credit debt just to keep their, houses, utlities, etc, and just like Desp said banks are not going to loan the necessary capital for a new venture no matter how good your ideas are if your credit score is low.

As far as advocating for the 99ers, I have nothing but respect for Desperate, Mary Kay and others who have fought, and fought, and fought for HR 589 and other past bills, but with all respect in my opinion nothing is going to be done for those that exhausted the 2 yrs. Americans just don't want to extend them. If you took a poll I do believe the majority of Americans do want to help those unemployed, but the consensus is 99 weeks is enough. You may have a shot at getting some states to increase their look backs and help those say cut off at 52 weeks or so get the full 99 but that will be it.

The one area however that I think is totally shameful is how the 99ers were just totally forgotten by both parties. I do think their should at least be an acknowledgement that they exist. Maybe help with tax breaks, ealy SS for those very near 65 who hiring might be next to impossible, steps like that. Now I'm not tellig Mary Kay or any of the others not to advocate and try for addtl help. For many that might be what is keeping them going, and together, and by all means it can't hurt. Just my two cents for what it's worth.
Atctz
Atctz

Back to top Go down

Post by Jobless_in_Ma Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:07 am

Thanks for chiming in and I agree 100% with what you had to say.
Jobless_in_Ma
Jobless_in_Ma
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.unemployed-friends2.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:12 am

Jobless_in_Ma wrote:Thanks for chiming in and I agree 100% with what you had to say.
Same here! The days of advocating for more benefits are gone, especially since everything we have done has not worked. As a matter of fact, it backfired. Instead of adding weeks, benefits were cut. Time for a different approach.

Back to top Go down

Post by Atctz Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:17 am

In my opinion things like tax breaks and hiring incentives for long term unemployed might have a much better chance then any kind of UC assistance, but it's got to be a real effort by the Govt, not just talking points and lip service. Both parties also have to recognize all of the exhaustees from the start of this crisis in 08 and that will be one huge challenge!
Atctz
Atctz

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 10, 2012 5:49 am

There are all very valid points being made here. No one is insisting that anyone back our letter, back one cause or back anyone to the nth degree on the forum. We are free to disagree respectfully.

That being said, I am not giving up until:

No help at all for the 99ers, then where are the incentives to hire specifically the 99ers, who by the way are still feeling the beat down.

Where are the retraining programs (which have been cancelled) to focus on specific areas that are hiring for all the unemployed. Do not come here and suggest we need to retrain ourselves, not an option for anyone who has and is currently scraping the barrel to just have a roof over their heads and food on the table. We have money for wars and wall street, we can scrape together money for retraining and REAL job programs.

With the lack of action on the above, and as we all become 99ers, help is needed, whether HR589 or any other name you may wish to give it, the unemployed are, and have been ignored by all, villified by the Republicans as lazy, stupid and worthless. Well, my experience, which is not expert in all fields, but I had a good paying job for 34 years, so they need to have a look at the easy terms they have offered business owners and start offering incentives for hiring the unemployed first, for a term of two years minimum and keep moving through the program until unemployment rate is at 5%.

We pay these people to legislate. They are re-legislating past years business, over and over again at our expense, regardless of the voters and tax payers beliefs. They have tied up legislation for the beliefs and pledges of a few, regardless of what constituents feel or believe, while the country flounders and waits and nothing happens.

So, in conclusion, all opinions are welcome, all suggestions are welcome and as always, no one is mandated to sign up, help out or participate if they choose not to. We need to be active, in whatever way we personally feel is of most help, but no one is mandated to join one cause over the other. We just need to do everything we can to keep the cause out front and make everyone aware as much as we can.

So please all, whatever help you can give, for whatever option you feel is best, pass the word along. Please don't stop advocating and please don't give up. Don't feel you have to go along with anything if it's not what you feel you want to participate in. None of what we have done or tried to do was done to make anyone here uncomfortable or to make people feel they had to do it. Never our intention.

Thanks,

mk

Back to top Go down

Post by Atctz Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:50 am

I appreciate your thoughts Mark Kay. Like is had said in my earlier post I am not telling anyone not to advocate for additional benefits and stuff like HR589, it's just in my opinion that is not going to happen in this political climate we are in. Programs like real tax breaks for companies that hire long term unemployed are what really should be pushed for. That is something that say if Romney wins maybe even those on the far right can support.
Atctz
Atctz

Back to top Go down

Post by Atctz Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:54 am

Sorry to mistype your name MaryKay, I need to spell check before I send. Very Happy
Atctz
Atctz

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:34 am

Where are the retraining programs (which have been cancelled) to focus on specific areas that are hiring for all the unemployed. Do not come here and suggest we need to retrain ourselves, not an option for anyone who has and is currently scraping the barrel to just have a roof over their heads and food on the table. We have money for wars and wall street, we can scrape together money for retraining and REAL job programs.

Not heavily promoted by the US Dept. of Labor, but 40 states were recently allocated additional funding for employment reassessments and retraining. Please see this link to see if your state is on here and GO FOR IT!!!
http://www.unemployed-friends2.org/t4568-us-labor-department-awards-nearly-655-million-to-fund-re-employment-eligibility-assessments-for-ue-in-40-states-pr-and-dc

Back to top Go down

Post by invisiblecitizen Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:20 pm

Well, I plan to fight as long as I can get back up. But right now, we are taking plastic knives to a gun fight and we have got to find a better weapon.

But I want to ask AloneInNY about her business plan. It sounds like you have put together a very successful plan and I was wondering if you could share some pointers with us. I have tried to find business plans, but everything was so vague and generic they were useless. The suggestions were to answer the questions that everyone will ask in clear, concise terms. I, for one, am business plan clueless. Can you give us some guidance so that we will know how to put one together? Like a general outline of the kind of information that must be contained in the plan. Then maybe this group can come up with some ideas to fill needs, make a little money, and maybe even get ourselves back on track.

Different people are good at different things, and I would love to see us all turn the table. Wouldn't that chaffe Congress' and corporations' behinds.

invisiblecitizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down