Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
Data Mining You EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
Data Mining You EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
Data Mining You EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
Data Mining You EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
Data Mining You EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
Data Mining You EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
Data Mining You EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
Data Mining You EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
Data Mining You EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
Data Mining You EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
Data Mining You EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
Data Mining You EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
Data Mining You EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
Data Mining You EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
Data Mining You EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
September 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Data Mining You

3 posters

Go down

Data Mining You Empty Data Mining You

Post by sraney Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:15 am

Data Mining You
How the Intelligence Community Is Creating a New American World
http://www.tomdispatch.com/post/175524/tomgram:_engelhardt,_the_intelligence_bureaucracy_that_ate_our_world

The NSA Is Building the Country’s Biggest Spy Center
http://www.wired.com/threatlevel/2012/03/ff_nsadatacenter/all/1

It's amazing what they find the money for.

sraney

Back to top Go down

Data Mining You Empty Re: Data Mining You

Post by elvis44102 Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:05 pm

just going by the title of the thread.....I dont use "courtesy" cards from K-mart or any of the other stores for the reason of data mining...i dont want all my purcahses built into a profile...
elvis44102
elvis44102

Back to top Go down

Post by sraney Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:39 am

Courtesy cards??

"Focused on data mining and code-breaking and five times the size of the U.S. Capitol, it is expected to house information beyond compare, “including the complete contents of private emails, cell phone calls, and Google searches, as well as all sorts of personal data trails -- parking receipts, travel itineraries, bookstore purchases, and other digital ‘pocket litter.’”
"Large as it is, that mega-project in Utah is just one of many sprouting like mushrooms in the sunless forest of the U.S. intelligence world. In cost, for example, it barely tops the $1.7 billion headquarters complex in Virginia that the National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency, with an estimated annual black budget of at least $5 billion, built for its 16,000 employees. Opened in 2011, it's the third-largest federal building in the Washington area. (And I’ll bet you didn’t even know that your tax dollars paid for such an agency, no less its gleaming new headquarters.) Or what about the 33 post-9/11 building complexes for top-secret intelligence work that were under construction or had already been built when Washington Post reporters Dana Priest and William Arkin wrote their “Top Secret America” series back in 2010?"

If you missed Arkin and Priest's article - check it out. It's no wonder the government gets away with this insanity - Americans are so ignorant they either don't care or haven't got a clue what their gov't does. What a perfect country for criminals to occupy. You may not remember or never knew, but at one time we had a president impeached for warrantless spying.
http://projects.washingtonpost.com/top-secret-america/

sraney

Back to top Go down

Post by elvis44102 Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:52 am

i am aware of large data gathering centers....i hope they have so much info that its useless.....

I dont belive our "elected" officials are any more aware of what realy is going on than they are aware of how the fed reserve works....

you are preaching to the choir...

I will go a step further...here is an example....

Its well known within they black community that drugs are channeled in to this country by big operations of world wide crooks....what may not be so well known is that the crooks who do this our our very own intelligence agencies and the money is channled into "black ops" around the world......this made nation media attention in the 1980s and also briefly during the vietnam era (if i recall).....

the media is part of this propagandizing of the news i am sure you know...

The soviet union outlawed religion and even destryed churchs and clergy.....funny how the idea and worship of god is still going strong in land controlled by the soviets....

the "war on drugs" fuels the private arm of world wide bankers as they try to "outlaw" yet another human desire....

funny how a war on religion as well as one on drugs is used to get people worked up and get control....

its funny because both the soviets and the drug barons are dependant on the worlds global banking system....
elvis44102
elvis44102

Back to top Go down

Post by sraney Fri Apr 06, 2012 1:32 pm

The United States has a well-documented history of using the illegal drug trade to fund its proxy wars.

I don't believe our "elected" officials are any more aware of what really is going on than they are aware of how the fed reserve works....

I completely disagree with you - there are a few progressives like Dennis Kucinich that stand on the floor of the House and try and tell the American people what's going on. Do you remember his bill to impeach President Bush? Look at the 35 articles here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Efforts_to_impeach_George_W._Bush
Both parties were interested in getting rid of Kucinich and finally got their way with re-districting as he lost in Ohio's primary. Sad that many of the real patriots that actually did their duty have been targeted. Instead of enriching themselves as shills for the corporate state they stuck their necks out for the good of the working class. Pelosi took impeachment off the table because she or somebody she sent in her place was informed about the interrogation techniques and she was well aware of the wire tapping - both parties were knowledgeable and guilty - Cheney announced this on Meet The Press one Sunday after which John Conyers, who chaired the Judiciary, announced on his website that there would be no more oversight investigations - even for Rove's shenanigans - because "the public" didn't have a stomach for it. The media really went to town over his baseball steroid investigations and the American sheeples agreed and easily bought it - even though the allegations were later found to be true. Kucinich also introduced legislation to impeach Obama for his war crimes - not getting Congressional approval for sending troops into Libya. They all know, but it's more important to get paid $175,000/year with perks and get wealthy than to stand up for the country and it's citizens.

sraney

Back to top Go down

Post by elvis44102 Fri Apr 06, 2012 2:40 pm

Kucinich is my representative.....he is running against marci kaptur now do to redistricting (Kaptur was in congress telling people not to abandon their foreclosed homes and demand proof of ownership) from the banks.

Two politicians who try to do something and now one is eliminated because of redistricting...

you can rest assured that anyone who stands up to the powers that be will be ridiculed....

I suppose i meant nearly all the politicians are ignorant to the "big picture" not all

60 million to investigate bill clinto....$600,000 to investigate 9/11

i believe alot more people are aware of nasty things going on...but not too the extent that they really do go on, and not quite enough people care YET....
elvis44102
elvis44102

Back to top Go down

Post by sraney Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:17 pm

elvis44102, Kucinich lost in the primary, but Marcy is very good - I saw her telling people not to leave their homes Smile She fought hard against the bailout as well. Good luck - Ohio is a mess.

sraney

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 07, 2012 2:22 am

I'm worried about the level of awareness this Forum's members have about confidentiality, FB, and such sharing.

If you post a picture taken from your digital camera I can tell you where you were (location) and date/time... EXIF data and the like.

Last edited by X on Sat Apr 07, 2012 3:52 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 07, 2012 2:23 am

And don't sign in anywhere with you FB id. Dahhh!

Back to top Go down

Post by sraney Sat Apr 07, 2012 10:57 am

I'm worried about the level of awareness this Forum's members have about confidentiality, FB, and such sharing.
What's really sick - and I know there's going to be some accusations of paranoia, but IBM helped Hitler round up his enemies, and now it appears that the government has people willingly posting personal information about themselves. If you'd like to read a really good book check this out:
http://www.ibmandtheholocaust.com/

I read the book long before all these databases got started, but thought about it immediately when my niece showed me Facebook. There was somebody on the Charlie Rose Show one night talking about the future for this "wonderful tool" - capturing the human genome, housing our medical records, etc. I thought, are you out of your freaking mind??

On a related issue, does anybody remember this? I'm sure Pennsylvania wasn't the only state where this took place. Launch the link and check out references in her article - it's unbelievable - this information was sent to local government officials and employers. There's no doubt I'm on it - environmental groups were targeted, and this has led me to think about my inability to obtain employment - I'm continually passed over yet I have very good skills. Rendell was deeply embarrassed???

Rendell: "Deeply embarrassed" over spying on peaceful groups
"Pennsylvania Governor Ed Rendell apologized Tuesday to groups whose entirely lawful events were the subject of regular anti-terrorism reports provided by a Philadelphia-based Israeli-American outfit to state law enforcement agencies, the AP reports:

An embarrassed Gov. Ed Rendell apologized Tuesday to groups whose peaceful protests or events, from an animal rights demonstration to a gay and lesbian festival, were the subject of regular anti-terrorism bulletins being distributed by his homeland security director.

Rendell said that the information was useless to law enforcement agencies and that distributing it was tantamount to trampling on constitutional rights. ....

"This is ludicrous," Rendell said. "And I apologize to any of the groups who had this information disseminated about their activities. They have the right to protest."

http://www.politico.com/blogs/laurarozen/0910/Rendell_Deeply_embarrassed_over_spying_on_peaceful_groups.html

Rendell is about as much of a democrat as Clinton. For Rendell, I'm sure it was more about making money - he also managed to get his former lawfirm and Wall Street investors a lot of state money by drawing up contracts to privatize the PA turnpike, and he was also responsible for promoting the fracking of Marsellus shale. Privatize everything as long as Ed gets a cut. Doesn't that sound like Clinton's advisors??? I'm NOT suggesting the cons are better, just stating that there are many moles in the democratic party.

"Mother Jones" published an extraordinary piece on highway privatization that all U.S. citizens should read before we're buffaloed into believing their rhetoric that "corporations can operate more efficiently." We're already paying now with very little outcome as many of the services have already been privatized. Maintenance gets cut too when profit is the objective. After all, profit is the CEOs obligation to the shareholders.
http://motherjones.com/politics/2007/01/highwaymen

sraney

Back to top Go down

Post by ranbrow123 Sat Apr 07, 2012 11:17 pm

X wrote:I'm worried about the level of awareness this Forum's members have about confidentiality, FB, and such sharing.

If you post a picture taken from your digital camera I can tell you where you were (location) and date/time... EXIF data and the like.

While we're on the discussion of information someone might not realize they risk giving away: Did you know that if you have your password saved in a web form, a tech-savvy user with access to your computer could make your password display itself (instead of those little black dots) in about 20 seconds?

ranbrow123

Back to top Go down

Post by elvis44102 Sat Apr 07, 2012 11:20 pm

""While we're on the discussion of information someone might not realize they risk giving away: Did you know that if you have your password saved in a web form, a tech-savvy user with access to your computer could make your password display itself (instead of those little black dots) in about 20 seconds?.""

they are stored in your browsers cache memory 5 seconds

if you NEED to use a credit card for online purchases...please use one of those disposible loadable cards (about 5$)

elvis44102
elvis44102

Back to top Go down

Post by ranbrow123 Sun Apr 08, 2012 4:24 am

elvis44102 wrote:they are stored in your browsers cache memory 5 seconds

if you NEED to use a credit card for online purchases...please use one of those disposible loadable cards (about 5$)

No, no, not your credit card information (although what you're saying is true). Your PASSWORD that is stored, i.e. if you saved your password for this website, chances are good if I got on your computer I could find it out. The short of it is under normal circumstances, the web page considers your password to be, well, a password. The site hides things that are considered passwords by turning them into black dots. But if you make a quick change, you can trick the site into thinking it's not a password and it will display it clear as day right in the password box.

Anyway, it doesn't matter too much if your credit card gets stolen, since you're not liable for any charges up to an exorbitant amount (enough that you probably should have cancelled it long before then). It's a bit of a pain, but not a disaster. Your debit card, on the other hand, is like cash in your pocket -- any money they get is gone.

Incidentally, the pre-loaded cards you are talking about are debit cards, and expensive ones at that.

ranbrow123

Back to top Go down

Post by elvis44102 Sun Apr 08, 2012 4:43 am

I have software that will reset windows systems passwords as well...

I work in the IT field, and i have worked with some very sensitive data...
I am always amazed when we are supposed to "wipe" a hard drive and when the approprate measure would be to physically take a sledge hammer to the $100 drive that may have millions of dollars worth of information....
elvis44102
elvis44102

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down