Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
CALL Today! EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
CALL Today! EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
CALL Today! EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
CALL Today! EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
CALL Today! EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
CALL Today! EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
CALL Today! EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
CALL Today! EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
CALL Today! EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
CALL Today! EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
CALL Today! EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
CALL Today! EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
CALL Today! EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
CALL Today! EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
CALL Today! EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
July 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

CALL Today!

3 posters

Go down

CALL Today! Empty CALL Today!

Post by Marian Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:17 pm

What an outrage!
Once again, millions of hardworking Americans face being cut off of unemployment insurance (UI) unless Congress acts to fully renew the federal UI program that's set to expire at the end of this month. And once again, House Republicans are holding up that urgent renewal, insisting instead on recklessly slashing benefits and imposing onerous new burdens on unemployed workers -- cynically using the need to renew unemployment insurance as their opportunity to permanently alter and undermine it.
We need to make some noise! This week is critical to ending the brinksmanship and moving the Congressional conference committee to fully renew unemployment insurance without drastic cuts or harmful barriers to benefits.
Please take a minute and call toll-free 888-245-3381 or use this easy Click-to-Call page to connect with your Members of Congress.
Tell Representative Barbara Lee as well as Senator Barbara Boxer and Senator Dianne Feinstein that Congress must act to fully renew unemployment insurance -- no cuts, no barriers to benefits.
This is a crucial time for the Congressional conference committee that is supposed to work out a full-year renewal of federal unemployment insurance -- and every Member of the U.S. House and Senate needs to hear that message loud and clear.
Please call toll-free 888-245-3381 or use this easy Click-to-Call page to connect with your Members of Congress.
Tell Representative Barbara Lee as well as Senator Barbara Boxer and Senator Dianne Feinstein that Congress must act to fully renew unemployment insurance -- no cuts, no barriers to benefits.
Just as they did in December, House Republicans are obstructing a simple year-long renewal of the federal UI program, pushing instead to drastically cut benefits and make it harder for ordinary Americans to access their unemployment insurance.
The House Republicans' plan would:
Slash federal UI natiowide, and by more than half in the highest unemployment states
Cut off UI benefits prematurely to nearly 3 million Americans and their families
Allow mandatory drug testing of unemployment insurance claimants, stigmatizing jobless workers
Make jobless workers pay for their reemployment services
Deny benefits to those not fortunate enough to finish high school or GED
Let states reduce benefits and divert unemployment benefit funds to other uses
Please pick up the phone now! Call toll-free 888-245-3381 or use our Click-to-Call page to connect with your Members of Congress.
And for good measure, send an e-mail message to all 20 Members of the Congressional conference committee, to Congressional leaders and your own Members of Congress. Even if you already have, please send another e-mail message to Congress again right now!
Many thanks!
The UnemployedWorkers.Org Team
Mitchell, Chris, Maurice, Judy, Christine, Rebecca, Mike, Rick, George, Claire and Norman
www.Unemployedworkers.org
Marian
Marian

Back to top Go down

CALL Today! Empty Re: CALL Today!

Post by Guest Tue Feb 07, 2012 11:15 am

Why is the unemployment division of NELP asking everyone to contact the wrong people??? There was a bi-partisan committee set up in December to negotiate the payroll tax and unemployment extensions headed by Sen. Jack Reed [D-RI] and Max Baucus [D-MT].

Sander Levin, ranking member of the Ways & Means Committee sent out a plea to the unemployed to contact these people, even setting up Facebook page dedicated only these extensions. A few days ago, a question was posed as to why so few people are registered and advocating when there are so many unemployed. Good question!!

Once again, here are the links to this information we have on the forum:

http://www.unemployed-friends2.org/t4291-contact-information-members-of-the-payroll-tax-ui-conference-committee

https://www.facebook.com/ExtendUI

http://www.unemployed-friends2.org/t4354-time-is-of-the-essence-house-w-m-committee-27-days-until-euc08-endsagain

Back to top Go down

Post by superstevies Tue Feb 07, 2012 3:55 pm

I am calling, faxing, emailing, tweeting, facebooking, ect. I do have to say though that NELP sometimes make me crazy becase while they do advocate for the unemployed whats wrong with making sure the Exhaustees or 99ers are included in their fight too. They alwasy just say pass unemployment benefits but seems to stop there. Everybody that is collecting UI benefits & doesn't find work will be an Exhaustee too, so why not work as a group?
superstevies
superstevies

Back to top Go down

Post by Marian Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:53 pm

Desperate--I contacted every one of those people listed on your post--every single one. I sent emails to those that were in my district as the others wouldn't allow me to do that being that I'm not in their district. I then put messages on their FaceBook pages so that everyone of them had a message from me.

I think that it's important to contact everyone including those who will later vote on this...
Marian
Marian

Back to top Go down

Post by Marian Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:42 pm

Call Your Congress person and tell them that you will remember how they voted for your needs during voting time! CALL!
Marian
Marian

Back to top Go down

Post by superstevies Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:53 pm

I called mine...Rep. David Dryer he's a republican and his staff has no problems telling me that I am in a heavily populated republican demographic district & that he beat the last dem. just 2 years ago and plans the same again if he doesn't retire.
It's hard when your rep. is against everything you stand for.
superstevies
superstevies

Back to top Go down

Post by Marian Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:58 pm

UGH! How obnoxious!

I'm sorry that you have had to deal with this! That is just plain rude!
Marian
Marian

Back to top Go down

Post by wausauguy Wed Feb 08, 2012 6:02 pm

I feel so disappointed in anyone who does not see the hurt and refuses to help those who have tried everything. I wish both parties would work together and work for the people, especially those who have been ignored or treated like they do not count.
Is it that the republicans think the people that vote for them are all wll employed? I don't understand... anyone who does not have a job or has low paying jobss of $10 an hour or less NEED help just to keep themselves with a roof over their head.
I pray that people help others in these times... hire the long-term unemployed qualified person... give people a chance... treat people kindly.... PLEASE.

J

wausauguy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down