Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
More on the Celebration Over December’s Job Report EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
More on the Celebration Over December’s Job Report EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
More on the Celebration Over December’s Job Report EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
More on the Celebration Over December’s Job Report EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
More on the Celebration Over December’s Job Report EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
More on the Celebration Over December’s Job Report EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
More on the Celebration Over December’s Job Report EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
More on the Celebration Over December’s Job Report EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
More on the Celebration Over December’s Job Report EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
More on the Celebration Over December’s Job Report EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
More on the Celebration Over December’s Job Report EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
More on the Celebration Over December’s Job Report EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
More on the Celebration Over December’s Job Report EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
More on the Celebration Over December’s Job Report EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
More on the Celebration Over December’s Job Report EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

More on the Celebration Over December’s Job Report

5 posters

Go down

More on the Celebration Over December’s Job Report Empty More on the Celebration Over December’s Job Report

Post by Guest Sun Jan 08, 2012 7:49 am

In short, a serious look at the December report does not provide much cause for celebration. The economy is still in very bad shape and the current growth path provides little hope for much relief any time soon. Economists should know this, but unfortunately few seem to pay much attention to the data. Remember the double-dip recession?
http://my.firedoglake.com/deanbaker/2012/01/07/more-on-the-celebration-over-decembers-job-report/

Back to top Go down

More on the Celebration Over December’s Job Report Empty Re: More on the Celebration Over December’s Job Report

Post by Marian Sun Jan 08, 2012 2:56 pm

It's kind of ridiculous with holiday shopping, etc., to look at December at all... Jump into January and then February and it's doubtful that those numbers will be worth "celebrating..."
Marian
Marian

Back to top Go down

More on the Celebration Over December’s Job Report Empty Re: More on the Celebration Over December’s Job Report

Post by superstevies Sun Jan 08, 2012 4:07 pm

What gets me the most is that, I don't argue that there jobs out there, but business's are still not willing to hire the LONG TERM UNEMPLOYED. Meaning people out of work for periods of time longer than a year. Also, older people 40+ seem to also being ignored when it comes to jobs.
When you see business's with want ad, that read only looking to hire people that are currently employed of unemployed for period of time less than 3 months, well that's just not acceptalbe.
So until CONGRESS & POTUS recognises this, the ECONOMY & JOBS will not keep growing enough to keep up this facade about the rebounding economy.
superstevies
superstevies

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 08, 2012 4:54 pm

I agree, Steve! The people who were hit first, and the worst, at the beginning of this great "recession" are still without jobs (or jobs that pay a living wage). Most are middle-aged, educated and experienced. I would love to see the ue stats for this group. It would probably be somewhere around 70% still unemployed (underemployed). I can't understand how the American people are so blind to this fact!

Back to top Go down

Post by Marian Sun Jan 08, 2012 5:10 pm

They don't want to pay for people who have experience and education...the cheaper the labor comes they think is the better, but in the end they will get what they pay for...
Marian
Marian

Back to top Go down

Post by tristen303 Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:37 am

Here's one that's better the numbers for the jobless and UE applying for benefits that they are bragging about will jump in Jan (as people will be filing) so what would happen if an extension for the 99ers went through.....hmmmmm.
It is so important for everyone to stand with them and demand benefits for them; soon all will be 99ers and either be forgotten or put in the position that both parties want...invisible report wise.

The Occupy movement is the only option and where we should get them to start protesting. I promise get them to start bringing this up and watch how fast legs. gets passed. Neither party wants the true numbers of jobless in an election year out in the open especially the number of 99ers.

tristen303

Back to top Go down

Post by jchapman Mon Jan 09, 2012 6:32 pm

I listened to some political radio show after last night's football game, & the host read that this report does not figure those that have exhausted all available unemployment benefeits, whether or not they're actively searching for work. If it did, the unemployment rate would be 11.4%.
It's all White House spin to get Obama re-elected.

jchapman

Back to top Go down

Post by tristen303 Thu Jan 12, 2012 4:28 pm

http://www.cnbc.com/id/45971438

let's see the mental midgets try and spin this

tristen303

Back to top Go down

More on the Celebration Over December’s Job Report Empty Novartis to cut almost 2,000 US jobs this year,in the US

Post by jculp49 Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:51 pm

jculp49
jculp49

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down