Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
Bank of America Makes Millions Charging Fees to Withdraw Unemployment Benefits EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
Bank of America Makes Millions Charging Fees to Withdraw Unemployment Benefits EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
Bank of America Makes Millions Charging Fees to Withdraw Unemployment Benefits EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
Bank of America Makes Millions Charging Fees to Withdraw Unemployment Benefits EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
Bank of America Makes Millions Charging Fees to Withdraw Unemployment Benefits EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
Bank of America Makes Millions Charging Fees to Withdraw Unemployment Benefits EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
Bank of America Makes Millions Charging Fees to Withdraw Unemployment Benefits EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
Bank of America Makes Millions Charging Fees to Withdraw Unemployment Benefits EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
Bank of America Makes Millions Charging Fees to Withdraw Unemployment Benefits EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
Bank of America Makes Millions Charging Fees to Withdraw Unemployment Benefits EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
Bank of America Makes Millions Charging Fees to Withdraw Unemployment Benefits EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
Bank of America Makes Millions Charging Fees to Withdraw Unemployment Benefits EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
Bank of America Makes Millions Charging Fees to Withdraw Unemployment Benefits EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
Bank of America Makes Millions Charging Fees to Withdraw Unemployment Benefits EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
Bank of America Makes Millions Charging Fees to Withdraw Unemployment Benefits EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
March 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Bank of America Makes Millions Charging Fees to Withdraw Unemployment Benefits

2 posters

Go down

Bank of America Makes Millions Charging Fees to Withdraw Unemployment Benefits Empty Bank of America Makes Millions Charging Fees to Withdraw Unemployment Benefits

Post by Guest Sat Dec 31, 2011 8:01 pm

Late last month, a national backlash forced Bank of America to abandon its plan to charge customers $5 a month to use their debit cards. But Huffington Post reports that the corporation has quietly been mining other sources of fees, preying on its most vulnerable customers to rake in millions in revenue:

Shawana Busby does not seem like the sort of customer who would be at the center of a major bank’s business plan. Out of work for much of the last three years, she depends upon a $264-a-week unemployment check from the state of South Carolina. But the state has contracted with Bank of America to administer its unemployment benefits, and Busby has frequently found herself incurring bank fees to get her money.

To withdraw her benefits, Busby, 33, uses a Bank of America prepaid debit card on which the state deposits her funds…Busby visits the ATMs in her area and begrudgingly accepts the fees, which reach as high as five dollars per transaction. She estimates that she has paid at least $350 in fees to tap her unemployment benefits. [...]

http://thinkprogress.org/economy/2011/11/14/367467/bank-of-america-unemployment-benefit-fees/

Back to top Go down

Bank of America Makes Millions Charging Fees to Withdraw Unemployment Benefits Empty Re: Bank of America Makes Millions Charging Fees to Withdraw Unemployment Benefits

Post by Marian Sat Dec 31, 2011 8:02 pm

Wow! I've just made an appointment with a Credit Union--so goodbye Wells Fargo! Wink
Marian
Marian

Back to top Go down

Bank of America Makes Millions Charging Fees to Withdraw Unemployment Benefits Empty Re: Bank of America Makes Millions Charging Fees to Withdraw Unemployment Benefits

Post by Guest Sat Dec 31, 2011 8:03 pm

If I want to cash my paycheck there, which is DRAWN ON BOA, they charge 6 bucks!!!! They try to get you to open an account...NO WAY!! Id rather drive to Walmart, (not they are much better, but i paid $1 to cash my last check there)

Back to top Go down

Post by DD Mon Jan 02, 2012 5:47 pm

What a bunch of bullshit! I'd like to see every one of those BOA employees go through what everyone here has had to endure and see if they'd have the strength to deal with everything.
I find it ridiculous that what that article is saying is true, as in preying upon the most vunerable, as if we don't have enough to deal with already...that five or six bucks could easily go towards food/medical bills, etc. It may not be much, but it sure as hell SHOULD NOT go anywhere near BOA!
I am very fortunate that I've been banking with a credit union for 20+ years and hope that this never happens.
Good luck everyone!

DD

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 04, 2012 4:02 pm

Some legislative members in these States are really sucked in with the banks that's for sure.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down