Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
How can ‘the people’ prevent another recession? EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
How can ‘the people’ prevent another recession? EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
How can ‘the people’ prevent another recession? EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
How can ‘the people’ prevent another recession? EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
How can ‘the people’ prevent another recession? EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
How can ‘the people’ prevent another recession? EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
How can ‘the people’ prevent another recession? EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
How can ‘the people’ prevent another recession? EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
How can ‘the people’ prevent another recession? EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
How can ‘the people’ prevent another recession? EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
How can ‘the people’ prevent another recession? EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
How can ‘the people’ prevent another recession? EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
How can ‘the people’ prevent another recession? EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
How can ‘the people’ prevent another recession? EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
How can ‘the people’ prevent another recession? EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
March 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

How can ‘the people’ prevent another recession?

2 posters

Go down

How can ‘the people’ prevent another recession? Empty How can ‘the people’ prevent another recession?

Post by Guest Wed Oct 12, 2011 12:32 pm

I think the president ought to make it clear where he stands. That's even if he doesn't have the votes right now to get it passed. If he thinks this bigger program is called for, he ought to say so. People ought to know where their leader wants them to be led.

Don't you think? Don't we have a decent claim on knowing that our president agrees with the need to do something this vital, this big - even if he can't get the votes for it?

Nothing would dramatize the ideal of a second Obama administration than him simply laying out where he would like to take the country in meeting its imminent economic challenges.

Five million new jobs a year? Or continued deflation, continued decline in investment, consumption and overall economic activity. Get the country moving again - or stay the course, a course that's headed right now for the second recession of this presidency.
http://hardballblog.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2011/10/11/8275528-how-can-the-people-prevent-another-recession

Back to top Go down

How can ‘the people’ prevent another recession? Empty Re: How can ‘the people’ prevent another recession?

Post by Hunterforjobs Wed Oct 12, 2011 4:56 pm

By not voting republican LOL.
Hunterforjobs
Hunterforjobs

Back to top Go down

How can ‘the people’ prevent another recession? Empty Re: How can ‘the people’ prevent another recession?

Post by Guest Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:27 pm

Hunterforjobs wrote:By not voting republican LOL.
Actually, I think it may go a little deeper than that. The blame is mostly with the Republicans, but the Democrats are not innocent by any means.

How can WE prevent another recession? STOP BEING SO COMPLACENT!!! SPEAK UP, DON'T EXPECT OTHERS TO DO IT FOR YOU!! GET MOTIVATED AND INVOLVED!

Where is all the noise from the unemployed after the American Jobs Act was killed last night by 2 Dems and all 49 GOP Senators? Does everyone realize that the Federal Unemployment Extensions expire at the end of the year? In California alone, nearly 500,000 people will lose benefits on January 1, 2012! Anyone laid off after July 1, 2011 will only receive 26 weeks (except for those states that have lowered the initial weeks) of unemployment insurance.

More and more people running out of money to spend is going to cause more and more businesses to fold leaving millions more out of work.

I ask again ~ WHERE IS EVERYBODY? How can ‘the people’ prevent another recession? 552349450

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:31 pm

I'm with you, Hunter. The perfect storm would be if NOBODY voted at all. Then what? Who wins? Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:35 pm

X wrote:

I'm with you, Hunter. The perfect storm would be if NOBODY voted at all. Then what? Who wins?

Who wins?

THE ONE PERCENT!!!!

How can ‘the people’ prevent another recession? 619286

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:10 pm

I'm serious - the only republican I'd consider a good candidate would be Governor Jeb Bush. This guy is down to earth and has a great track record.

But President Obama is my man, for the long run.

Back to top Go down

Post by TR11005 Thu Oct 13, 2011 1:26 am

Not to scare you but January 1, 2012 is fast approaching. The 99ers and exhaustees all know about being screwed the last few years. There should be several million out on the streets supporting the 99%. Get out of bedroom slippers and out behind the computer and do something. Don't take it wrong we are all guilty and employers made it this way do to online applying.

Everyone can't protest, at least sign as many online petitions for God sake. This has been going on for years now. We have been waiting and no help. This is will be long hungry winter and we need to hurt them soon where it belongs.

TR11005

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 13, 2011 1:52 am

TR11005 wrote:Not to scare you but January 1, 2012 is fast approaching. The 99ers and exhaustees all know about being screwed the last few years. There should be several million out on the streets supporting the 99%. Get out of bedroom slippers and out behind the computer and do something. Don't take it wrong we are all guilty and employers made it this way do to online applying.

Everyone can't protest, at least sign as many online petitions for God sake. This has been going on for years now. We have been waiting and no help. This is will be long hungry winter and we need to hurt them soon where it belongs.

Damn straight! But are you (we) talking to a wall? Hope not. Hope everyone in ear and html eye sight is living up to their potential, but I don't think so.

Thanks TR.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum