Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
Elizabeth Warren EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
Elizabeth Warren EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
Elizabeth Warren EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
Elizabeth Warren EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
Elizabeth Warren EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
Elizabeth Warren EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
Elizabeth Warren EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
Elizabeth Warren EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
Elizabeth Warren EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
Elizabeth Warren EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
Elizabeth Warren EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
Elizabeth Warren EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
Elizabeth Warren EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
Elizabeth Warren EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
Elizabeth Warren EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Elizabeth Warren

+2
lendmeflight2
JoanB
6 posters

Go down

Elizabeth Warren Empty Elizabeth Warren

Post by JoanB Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:20 pm

Am I too old to be president of a fan club?

I was so despondent when MA lost Ted Kennedy's seat to a rethug. But now that Elizabeth Warren has decided to run, I'm liking her more every time I see her. Check this out:

http://videocafe.crooksandliars.com/scarce/elizabeth-warren-myth-class-warfare

I guess that makes you a political junkie when you get giddy about a race that's over a year off and two states away from you! Razz
JoanB
JoanB

Back to top Go down

Elizabeth Warren Empty Re: Elizabeth Warren

Post by Guest Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:27 pm

Only one statewide poll is out since her announcement, and it shows her popularity spiking dramatically. Previous to her announcement, three polls put her 9-to-19 points behind Brown. The PPP poll just released shows her beating Brown 46-44 percent. That's a big bump in such a short period, but it is just one poll -- so we'll have to wait for further data before drawing solid conclusions. Her rise in support could also just be an initial spike after her announcement that she's entering the race, and could quickly fade away. Even with these caveats, the numbers certainly look better for Warren now than many were predicting even a few weeks ago.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/chris-weigant/elizabeth-warren-senate_b_974923.html

Back to top Go down

Post by JoanB Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:56 pm

What I like about her is that she really does sound like she could be one of my neighbors...only really smart. We'll see, I guess...I fell hook, line and sinker for John Edwards, so I'm not so good at judging these things.
JoanB
JoanB

Back to top Go down

Post by lendmeflight2 Thu Sep 22, 2011 2:05 am

John Edwards made a mistake, that doesn't mean he wasn't a good person or good lawmaker.

The thing that bothers me about Warren is I heard that she doesn't want to run for senate and is basically being forced into it. I don't know if that makes a good candidate.
lendmeflight2
lendmeflight2

Back to top Go down

Post by exhaustedandtired/1208 Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:49 am

If you consider John Edwards a good person for abandoning his cancerous wife in misery for a affair, and an illegitimate child you probably fit in with the new immoral majority! Being warped is the new norm!

exhaustedandtired/1208

Back to top Go down

Post by exhaustedandtired/1208 Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:51 am

lendmeflight2 wrote:John Edwards made a mistake, that doesn't mean he wasn't a good person or good lawmaker.

The thing that bothers me about Warren is I heard that she doesn't want to run for senate and is basically being forced into it. I don't know if that makes a good candidate.

John Edwards reply to you lendme: Thank you God for your interpretation of good person!

exhaustedandtired/1208

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 22, 2011 1:02 pm

Warren's point was simple: Nobody gets rich on their own. Here's the key part:

"I hear all this, you know, 'Well, this is class warfare, this is whatever,'" Warren said. "No. There is nobody in this country who got rich on his own -- nobody.

"You built a factory out there? Good for you. But I want to be clear. You moved your goods to market on the roads the rest of us paid for. You hired workers the rest of us paid to educate. You were safe in your factory because of police-forces and fire-forces that the rest of us paid for. You didn't have to worry that marauding bands would come and seize everything at your factory -- and hire someone to protect against this -- because of the work the rest of us did.

"Now look, you built a factory and it turned into something terrific, or a great idea. God bless -- keep a big hunk of it. But part of the underlying social contract is, you take a hunk of that and pay forward for the next kid who comes along."
http://act.credoaction.com/campaign/warren_thanks/?rc=tw1

Back to top Go down

Post by tristen303 Thu Sep 22, 2011 2:25 pm

tristen303

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 22, 2011 4:38 pm

JoanB wrote:Am I too old to be president of a fan club?

I was so despondent when MA lost Ted Kennedy's seat to a rethug. But now that Elizabeth Warren has decided to run, I'm liking her more every time I see her. Check this out:

http://videocafe.crooksandliars.com/scarce/elizabeth-warren-myth-class-warfare

I guess that makes you a political junkie when you get giddy about a race that's over a year off and two states away from you! Razz

I have been praying she will run since rumors of it started months ago! I will vote for her in a heart beat.

Back to top Go down

Post by laine25 Thu Sep 22, 2011 5:36 pm

I just saw the video she made and she sounds great. I'd vote for her! She tells it like it is.
laine25
laine25

Back to top Go down

Post by gettheminNOVEMBER Thu Sep 22, 2011 5:57 pm

Warren for PREZ!

Elizabeth Warren 66067 Elizabeth Warren 66067 Elizabeth Warren 66067 Elizabeth Warren 66067 Elizabeth Warren 66067 Elizabeth Warren 66067 Elizabeth Warren 66067 Elizabeth Warren 66067 Elizabeth Warren 66067 Elizabeth Warren 66067 Elizabeth Warren 66067 Elizabeth Warren 66067 Elizabeth Warren 66067 Elizabeth Warren 66067 Elizabeth Warren 66067 Elizabeth Warren 66067 Elizabeth Warren 66067 Elizabeth Warren 66067 Elizabeth Warren 66067 Elizabeth Warren 66067 Elizabeth Warren 66067 Elizabeth Warren 66067 Elizabeth Warren 66067 Elizabeth Warren 66067
gettheminNOVEMBER
gettheminNOVEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post by tristen303 Thu Sep 22, 2011 6:30 pm

If the rich pay taxes at a higher rate while most pay no taxes then he's paid for those services. The factory owner should be pissed at those who are using the services he paid for and doing nothing ah the social contract I forgot. So he pays several times over from his earnings and still owes? I'm sure he didn't sign any "social contracts". Her statement is just cute.

tristen303

Back to top Go down

Post by lendmeflight2 Thu Sep 22, 2011 6:35 pm

exhaustedandtired/1208 wrote:
lendmeflight2 wrote:John Edwards made a mistake, that doesn't mean he wasn't a good person or good lawmaker.

John Edwards reply to you lendme: Thank you God for your interpretation of good person!

I don't think one act makes a person bad. Good people make mistakes. On the same note I never said he WAS a good person, I don't know, him but I am just saying this one act doesn't make him evil.

Martin Luther King and all of the Kennedys cheated on their wives but I respect them for other contributions to society.
lendmeflight2
lendmeflight2

Back to top Go down

Post by gettheminNOVEMBER Thu Sep 22, 2011 6:40 pm

tristen303 wrote:If the rich pay taxes at a higher rate while most pay no taxes then he's paid for those services. The factory owner should be pissed at those who are using the services he paid for and doing nothing ah the social contract I forgot. So he pays several times over from his earnings and still owes? I'm sure he didn't sign any "social contracts". Her statement is just cute.

WTH are you On?? I want some??
gettheminNOVEMBER
gettheminNOVEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post by tristen303 Thu Sep 22, 2011 6:48 pm

Logic, common sense, try it...... it's free still. You get some by acknowledging your side isn't always right or have all the answers, starts to taste better after that.

If I pay more taxes for those services and you don't pay any (although everyone pays sales tax at some level) then how am I obligated to owe anybody because my factory becomes successful and I used the very services my higher tax rate paid for? You don’t get it both ways.

tristen303

Back to top Go down

Post by lendmeflight2 Thu Sep 22, 2011 6:52 pm

tristen303 wrote:If the rich pay taxes at a higher rate while most pay no taxes then he's paid for those services. The factory owner should be pissed at those who are using the services he paid for and doing nothing ah the social contract I forgot. So he pays several times over from his earnings and still owes? I'm sure he didn't sign any "social contracts". Her statement is just cute.

If you started a business and hired me to work in it who made you rich? You or me?

The factory owner these days considers his workers an expense not an asset.

This is why a company's stock goes up when they announce a layoff. In the 70's and prior a company's would go down because they weren't considered healthy due to the need to lay off peopled.

You can thank your republicans for that.

If we had stuck with Carter the next two decades would have played out a lot differently I think. Now we are about to make the exact same mistake again.

lendmeflight2
lendmeflight2

Back to top Go down

Post by tristen303 Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:12 pm

Ok I get it, I don’t completely agree with that but its better then what I thought she was implying.
Funny you say that, in school I remember reading during the depression how the big CEO's took pride in how long worker stayed with their company and their dividend payout (most don't even know what that is now, in my mind that’s when that changed that’s when things went wrong) and if they had to lay off workers. Laying off back then meant you were a terrible CEO and shunned from the group of other CEO’s, no golden parachutes back then.

tristen303

Back to top Go down

Post by JoanB Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:34 pm

John Edwards was willing to risk four more years of a rethug presidency after the eight-year long horror show we went through. That's the part I can't forgive.

And I don't know if that's true about Warren, but it makes me wonder: might we have better senators if more if them didn't want so badly to be senators? And is that what I'm picking up on that makes me like her so much? (psssst Massachusetts, think about it)
JoanB
JoanB

Back to top Go down

Post by lendmeflight2 Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:56 pm

I'm starting to think that she has changed her attitude and actually wants to work toward getting elected, plus you could be right about it being better if she doesn't want to be a politician.
lendmeflight2
lendmeflight2

Back to top Go down

Post by gettheminNOVEMBER Fri Sep 23, 2011 12:04 pm

gettheminNOVEMBER
gettheminNOVEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post by JoanB Fri Sep 23, 2011 8:46 pm

Have loved Cenk ever since the Air America days. Comcast doesn't carry Current TV in our area and some people, whom we love dearly, and with whom we have chosen to share our life, and who will go unmentioned, refuse to switch to something that does.

Elizabeth Warren 681285
JoanB
JoanB

Back to top Go down

Post by gettheminNOVEMBER Fri Sep 23, 2011 8:50 pm

JoanB wrote:Have loved Cenk ever since the Air America days. Comcast doesn't carry Current TV in our area and some people, whom we love dearly, and with whom we have chosen to share our life, and who will go unmentioned, refuse to switch to something that does.

Elizabeth Warren 681285

When he hits current in a month or two. I will find the link so you can watch on the internet. Know what I will make a thread.
gettheminNOVEMBER
gettheminNOVEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 23, 2011 9:08 pm

JoanB wrote:

John Edwards was willing to risk four more years of a rethug presidency after the eight-year long horror show we went through. That's the part I can't forgive.

And I don't know if that's true about Warren, but it makes me wonder: might we have better senators if more if them didn't want so badly to be senators? And is that what I'm picking up on that makes me like her so much? (psssst Massachusetts, think about it)

IMO I think thats how it should be!! WE should have to ask or request a person or persons to run for senate or anything else. Instead of them having to win us over with all of their lies. (I know, keep dreaming lol Rolling Eyes )

I like the fact that she has to be courted first, it tells me that she is not power hungry.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down