Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
Why There Are Protests On Wall Street: Their Actions Impoverished More Than 60 Million People #OCCUPYWALLSTREET - Page 4 EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
Why There Are Protests On Wall Street: Their Actions Impoverished More Than 60 Million People #OCCUPYWALLSTREET - Page 4 EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
Why There Are Protests On Wall Street: Their Actions Impoverished More Than 60 Million People #OCCUPYWALLSTREET - Page 4 EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
Why There Are Protests On Wall Street: Their Actions Impoverished More Than 60 Million People #OCCUPYWALLSTREET - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
Why There Are Protests On Wall Street: Their Actions Impoverished More Than 60 Million People #OCCUPYWALLSTREET - Page 4 EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
Why There Are Protests On Wall Street: Their Actions Impoverished More Than 60 Million People #OCCUPYWALLSTREET - Page 4 EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
Why There Are Protests On Wall Street: Their Actions Impoverished More Than 60 Million People #OCCUPYWALLSTREET - Page 4 EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
Why There Are Protests On Wall Street: Their Actions Impoverished More Than 60 Million People #OCCUPYWALLSTREET - Page 4 EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
Why There Are Protests On Wall Street: Their Actions Impoverished More Than 60 Million People #OCCUPYWALLSTREET - Page 4 EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
Why There Are Protests On Wall Street: Their Actions Impoverished More Than 60 Million People #OCCUPYWALLSTREET - Page 4 EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
Why There Are Protests On Wall Street: Their Actions Impoverished More Than 60 Million People #OCCUPYWALLSTREET - Page 4 EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
Why There Are Protests On Wall Street: Their Actions Impoverished More Than 60 Million People #OCCUPYWALLSTREET - Page 4 EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
Why There Are Protests On Wall Street: Their Actions Impoverished More Than 60 Million People #OCCUPYWALLSTREET - Page 4 EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
Why There Are Protests On Wall Street: Their Actions Impoverished More Than 60 Million People #OCCUPYWALLSTREET - Page 4 EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
Why There Are Protests On Wall Street: Their Actions Impoverished More Than 60 Million People #OCCUPYWALLSTREET - Page 4 EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
October 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Why There Are Protests On Wall Street: Their Actions Impoverished More Than 60 Million People #OCCUPYWALLSTREET

+9
lstjr
TR11005
Lacey
Sad American
hope
rhiannonj
JoanB
lendmeflight2
gettheminNOVEMBER
13 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Why There Are Protests On Wall Street: Their Actions Impoverished More Than 60 Million People #OCCUPYWALLSTREET - Page 4 Empty Live feed as thousands Occupy Wall St.

Post by gettheminNOVEMBER Sat Sep 17, 2011 3:19 pm

First topic message reminder :

http://www.commondreams.org/view/2011/09/14-0

Some are saying there are 50,000 people there? Can anyone confirm this? The media is not covering it.

Last edited by gettheminNOVEMBER on Sat Sep 17, 2011 3:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
gettheminNOVEMBER
gettheminNOVEMBER

Back to top Go down

Why There Are Protests On Wall Street: Their Actions Impoverished More Than 60 Million People #OCCUPYWALLSTREET - Page 4 Empty Re: Why There Are Protests On Wall Street: Their Actions Impoverished More Than 60 Million People #OCCUPYWALLSTREET

Post by KeeptheFaith Thu Oct 13, 2011 6:04 pm

DesperateInRI wrote:Must read! This is sick!!

A Kentucky Republican has posted a rather disturbing comment on Facebook about the Wall Street protesters. Steve Frank, city commissioner of Covington, Kentucky apparently feels like killing the protesters occupying Wall Street just as the Taliban feels like killing American soldiers in Afghanistan.

In a post on October 9th, Frank wrote, “Turn out the lights on the Occupiers, I feel like going Taliban on them!!! The Taliban, as they see it is resisting occupation. I am resisting the Occupiers and very proud to be a 1%’er. I figured that the irony would be lost on most of the dummies in Occupation Nation who oppose the war in Afganistan because they see us as occupiers. I happen to oppose the war too but for highly different grounds. PS I am proud of our troops and have a son in harm’s way.”
http://www.addictinginfo.org/2011/10/13/kentucky-republican-says-he-feels-like-going-taliban-on-the-wall-street-protesters/

This is really disturbing

KeeptheFaith

Back to top Go down

Why There Are Protests On Wall Street: Their Actions Impoverished More Than 60 Million People #OCCUPYWALLSTREET - Page 4 Empty Re: Why There Are Protests On Wall Street: Their Actions Impoverished More Than 60 Million People #OCCUPYWALLSTREET

Post by jmainframe Sun Oct 16, 2011 3:22 am

[quote="KeeptheFaith"][quote="DesperateInRI"]Must read! This is sick!!

A Kentucky Republican has posted a rather disturbing comment on Facebook about the Wall Street protesters. Steve Frank, city commissioner of Covington, Kentucky apparently feels like killing the protesters occupying Wall Street just as the Taliban feels like killing American soldiers in Afghanistan.

In a post on October 9th, Frank wrote, “Turn out the lights on the Occupiers, I feel like going Taliban on them!!! The Taliban, as they see it is resisting occupation. I am resisting the Occupiers and very proud to be a 1%’er. I figured that the irony would be lost on most of the dummies in Occupation Nation who oppose the war in Afganistan because they see us as occupiers. I happen to oppose the war too but for highly different grounds. PS I am proud of our troops and have a son in harm’s way.”
http://www.addictinginfo.org/2011/10/13/kentucky-republican-says-he-feels-like-going-taliban-on-the-wall-street-protesters/

This simply shows they are feeling the heat, feeling threatened, and are running scared! This one particular wimp is probably afraid he'll be dragged out from the desk he's hiding under and get his you know what handed to him, along with the corporate dirtbags who helped get him elected!

If he can't take the heat, maybe he should resign now, while he still can! That way he can hide under his bed, in the comfort of his own home!
jmainframe
jmainframe

Back to top Go down

Post by tristen303 Sun Oct 16, 2011 1:38 pm

Sorry but from my friends on the right that is hardly the case, they actually like the protests as they are solidifying their base and making them stronger, and now with the crazies coming out and joining in the public is losing their tolerance also.

They would love for them to turn to violent (as he described) because they wish to "purge" the bad from the nation. See you revolutionaries forget one thing: the Police right leaning, the military definitely right leaning and the majority of gun owners are right leaning....in their eyes a revolution would work out just fine.

tristen303

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 16, 2011 2:13 pm

jmainframe, will say a prayer for your son. i have one cousin and two nephews there. and, I completely agree, what a tasteless comment.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 16, 2011 2:16 pm

sorry tristen, I am not following your logic. occupywallstreet etc are not making the Republicans stronger. Each day, more and more people are flocking to their support. It's not about one particular problem and it is certainly not partisan, it' simply about how people feel both sides have let them down, done nothing and used our money to bail out the banks and then back them on not regulating or insuring that it won't happen again.

Back to top Go down

Post by tristen303 Sun Oct 16, 2011 4:20 pm

I may be voting Dem but all my friends are on the right and if any of you think they are scared or that you’re hurting them keep dreaming.
I helped out and was at the Occupy Denver movement before it was broken up and it was all left and most of the ones that spent the night were the normal homeless (that sleep there anyways), and mostly college kids (that were Social Democrats) and 3 people like me.
Now maybe the other movements are different from Denver but I doubt it. I also didn’t like the fact that the whole organization of the movement came from a Canadian group but oh well at this stage voices need to be heard, but this was far from the protest I expected and was greatly disappointed.
FYI the right wants the left to step up and get violent so that they can get solve the issue once and for all. I am saying this as a warning…..they want violence, they are far from scared or concerned and there base is growing contrary to what your hoping or being told.

tristen303

Back to top Go down

Post by gettheminNOVEMBER Sun Oct 16, 2011 4:29 pm

tristen303 wrote:I may be voting Dem but all my friends are on the right and if any of you think they are scared or that you’re hurting them keep dreaming.
I helped out and was at the Occupy Denver movement before it was broken up and it was all left and most of the ones that spent the night were the normal homeless (that sleep there anyways), and mostly college kids (that were Social Democrats) and 3 people like me.
Now maybe the other movements are different from Denver but I doubt it. I also didn’t like the fact that the whole organization of the movement came from a Canadian group but oh well at this stage voices need to be heard, but this was far from the protest I expected and was greatly disappointed.
FYI the right wants the left to step up and get violent so that they can get solve the issue once and for all. I am saying this as a warning…..they want violence, they are far from scared or concerned and there base is growing contrary to what your hoping or being told.

Your experience is far from what is happening. To bad the corporate funded media is not covering it more. If you go on twitter you will learn alot about is happening. Maybe your problem is your friends on the right giving you bad info because fox news is telling them to do so.

Watch this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0aaTGsGdp4c&feature=player_embedded
Marine Vet at #OccupyWallStreet Tells Sean Hannity to "F**k Off"
gettheminNOVEMBER
gettheminNOVEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post by tristen303 Sun Oct 16, 2011 4:41 pm

I was at the protest in Denver, I think that most of them are just like that, Denver is a Dem voting city and nobody had a problem when the police removed them.
How Fox news has anything to do with the above I experienced makes no sense. I was merely pointing out that the illusion that the movement is scaring the right and corporations is very wrong and considering the makeup of Denver I don't think they will be scared anytime in the future either; when regular people join in numbers that matter maybe then but were far from that.

tristen303

Back to top Go down

Post by gettheminNOVEMBER Sun Oct 16, 2011 5:22 pm

tristen303 wrote:I was at the protest in Denver, I think that most of them are just like that, Denver is a Dem voting city and nobody had a problem when the police removed them.
How Fox news has anything to do with the above I experienced makes no sense. I was merely pointing out that the illusion that the movement is scaring the right and corporations is very wrong and considering the makeup of Denver I don't think they will be scared anytime in the future either; when regular people join in numbers that matter maybe then but were far from that.

I am telling you. Go on twitter and find photos. Don't base what you think you know one one city. Why There Are Protests On Wall Street: Their Actions Impoverished More Than 60 Million People #OCCUPYWALLSTREET - Page 4 619286 Why There Are Protests On Wall Street: Their Actions Impoverished More Than 60 Million People #OCCUPYWALLSTREET - Page 4 619286 Why There Are Protests On Wall Street: Their Actions Impoverished More Than 60 Million People #OCCUPYWALLSTREET - Page 4 619286

Its reached almost 2000 cities now and over 90 countries.
gettheminNOVEMBER
gettheminNOVEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 16, 2011 5:43 pm

I was in Philly. There was NO violence, NO Police brutality, quite the contrary. They are camped out, not going anywhere, Mayor and Commissioner have promised protection for as long as the budget will allow. Of the hundreds, possibly a thousand that are camping, all are of varying ages from late 60's to early 20's. No politics as far as you are right or left, just very focused on the banks and jobs and the 99%. All were in agreement we need the jobs bill passed, not tax cuts.

My take, for what it's worth and from what I could see and hear from the interactions I had, and believe me I made myself very visible, I asked everyone I had contact with the sign the White House Petition, the 99ers letter and to please keep contacting, so I wasn't a wallflower, but my take is simply this isn't about what party, it's about jobs and come 11/2012, neither party, incumbents in particular in the Senate and Congress should be scared and should look over their shoulders because this will be a dump of the incumbents. Hard to say about the President. All were behind his jobs bill, so really hard to say. And btw, I was not soliciting opinions or parties, this was conversation. Incumbents, particularly in Congress should be nervous, if their not, shame on them.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 16, 2011 5:48 pm

If any of you get the chance, watch Dylan Ratigan on msnbc at 4ET. He is doing this segment on getting the money out of DC. It is a real issue with the occupy movement, particularly in Phila. He has had some really interesting shows and guests and it pretty much nails the occupy movement.

Also, I don't agree that the msm isn't covering it anymore. It's been on msnbc all day every day, cnn, fox, bloomberg. Whether they slant or not, they are all covering it.

Back to top Go down

Post by jmainframe Sun Oct 16, 2011 6:57 pm

Hey Tristen,

The way I see it, this is NOT a political issue, it is a MORAL issue. There are also many on the right who are struggling while big corporations and multi-millionaires keep raking in the money.

I was with the demonstrators in Manhattan yesterday, and the crowd was so loud, and the energy so high, I felt like I was at a ballgame during the playoffs! I was thinking to myself, "This is the biggest threat to the status quo of the wealthy probably in the last 50 years!". They'd better start giving back more to the community, like they used to or all hell will break loose.

If this continues to gain momentum as it has been, the rich, and those in government have every right to be scared.

Last edited by jmainframe on Sun Oct 16, 2011 7:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
jmainframe
jmainframe

Back to top Go down

Post by gettheminNOVEMBER Sun Oct 16, 2011 7:06 pm

jmainframe wrote:Hey Tristen,

The way I see it, this is NOT a political issue, it is a MORAL issue. There are also many on the right who are also struggling while big corporations and multi-millionaires keep raking in the money.

I was with the demonstrators in Manhattan yesterday, and the crowd was so loud, and the energy so high, I felt like I was at a ballgame during the playoffs! I was thinking to myself, "This is the biggest threat to the status quo of the wealthy probably in the last 50 years!". They'd better start giving back more to the community, like they used to or all hell will break loose.

If this continues to gain momentum as it has been, the rich, and those in government have every right to be scared.

Well said, Thankyou! Why There Are Protests On Wall Street: Their Actions Impoverished More Than 60 Million People #OCCUPYWALLSTREET - Page 4 9685
gettheminNOVEMBER
gettheminNOVEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4