Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
List of our leaders that voted against relief for Irene EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
List of our leaders that voted against relief for Irene EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
List of our leaders that voted against relief for Irene EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
List of our leaders that voted against relief for Irene EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
List of our leaders that voted against relief for Irene EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
List of our leaders that voted against relief for Irene EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
List of our leaders that voted against relief for Irene EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
List of our leaders that voted against relief for Irene EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
List of our leaders that voted against relief for Irene EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
List of our leaders that voted against relief for Irene EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
List of our leaders that voted against relief for Irene EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
List of our leaders that voted against relief for Irene EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
List of our leaders that voted against relief for Irene EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
List of our leaders that voted against relief for Irene EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
List of our leaders that voted against relief for Irene EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

List of our leaders that voted against relief for Irene

+3
tristen303
mistermunster
gettheminNOVEMBER
7 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

List of our leaders that voted against relief for Irene Empty List of our leaders that voted against relief for Irene

Post by gettheminNOVEMBER Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:53 pm

http://www.senate.gov/legislative/LIS/roll_call_lists/roll_call_vote_cfm.cfm?congress=112&session=1&vote=00132#position

This is why I HATE them so much! I know people who lost EVERYTHING! They are CRUEL, HEARTLESS SOBs that deserve to ROT IN HELL! Twisted Evil

Notice they are all Republicans. There is NO spin here just facts. I was here and saw first hand bridges that are GONE now. Homes GONE, LIVES GONE!

NAYs ---38
Alexander (R-TN)
Ayotte (R-NH)
Barrasso (R-WY)
Boozman (R-AR)
Burr (R-NC)
Chambliss (R-GA)
Coats (R-IN)
Coburn (R-OK)
Cochran (R-MS)
Corker (R-TN)
Cornyn (R-TX)
Crapo (R-ID)
DeMint (R-SC)
Enzi (R-WY)
Graham (R-SC)
Grassley (R-IA)
Hatch (R-UT)
Hutchison (R-TX)
Inhofe (R-OK)
Isakson (R-GA)
Johanns (R-NE)
Johnson (R-WI)
Kirk (R-IL)
Kyl (R-AZ)
Lee (R-UT)
Lugar (R-IN)
McCain (R-AZ)
McConnell (R-KY)
Moran (R-KS)
Murkowski (R-AK)
Paul (R-KY)
Portman (R-OH)
Risch (R-ID)
Roberts (R-KS)
Sessions (R-AL)
Shelby (R-AL)
Thune (R-SD)
Wicker (R-MS)

gettheminNOVEMBER
gettheminNOVEMBER

Back to top Go down

List of our leaders that voted against relief for Irene Empty Re: List of our leaders that voted against relief for Irene

Post by mistermunster Wed Sep 14, 2011 12:22 am

NO surprise here. Their evil is unprecedented.
mistermunster
mistermunster

Back to top Go down

List of our leaders that voted against relief for Irene Empty Re: List of our leaders that voted against relief for Irene

Post by tristen303 Wed Sep 14, 2011 12:48 am

tristen303

Back to top Go down

Post by truth Wed Sep 14, 2011 6:28 am

So the Democrats (with the help of three Republicans) are pushing (by coliture) the aid bill through the Senate over opposition by all other Republicans. Exactly how can that be seen as the Democrats holding the aid bill hostage to subsidies for electric cars?? The Democrats are moving to pass the bill. The Republicans, however, voted against coliture demanding that aid be paid for with cuts to the electric car subsidies. I must have things upside down, because it seems to me that it is the Republicans (all but three) who are want to hold the EMEMGENCY AID BILL hostage to their demand that the electric car subsidies be used to pay for the bill.

Sorry, tristen, but the right-wing spin attempt just doesn't add up to me. I don't see how anyone can argue that it is the Democrats who are "holding hostage" the very aid that they are moving through the Senate. It is the Republicans who are saying "No! No! First it has to be paid for. That's our demand." So tell me, who is trying to block the bill? Who therefore is holding it hostage to an unrelated matter?

Anyway, haven't we already been through this whole GOP song-and-dance about emergency aid having to be "paid for" acccording to pay-go rules? I sadly recall the Republicans insisting that aid to the unemployed had to be "paid for" since massive unemployment isn't, in their benighted view, an emergency. Here we have a huge natural disaster, and the Republicans don't consider even it to be an emergency. I find it shockingly inhumane.

truth

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:26 am

Hoping that aid comes for all who need this after the month of August and the unprecedented rains and floods we are suffering through.

TRYING to defend rejection of this bill, not matter what SPIN you put on it means only one thing, you have no idea just how bad it is. This is about people, not about politics, come tour any area hit by this disaster and TRY justifying it to me or anyone living through it. These people are just completely insane. They don't deserve to be voted into office, they don't deserve to have a say in how people should live their lives. Wait and see what happens with the Republican Golden Child, Chris Christie when he doesn't get help, you will then see how fast the Republicans jump off the Tea Party bandwagon. It hasn't occurred to any of these dopes that homes and businesses alike are done without help. When the tax revenues of these states that are badly damaged stop flowing, watch how quickly the tune changes. All who are so giddy about the Tea Party and the Republican Party, hope you can get them to pay YOUR BILLS AND FEED YOUR FAMILIES. MAYBE THEY'LL RENT YOU A ROOM IN THEIR HOUSE.

Inhumane is too kind a word for these future Dictators of the United States of what used to be America. Trying to justify their behavior or their thinking is disgusting.

Back to top Go down

Post by tristen303 Wed Sep 14, 2011 2:04 pm

truth wrote:So the Democrats (with the help of three Republicans) are pushing (by coliture) the aid bill through the Senate over opposition by all other Republicans. Exactly how can that be seen as the Democrats holding the aid bill hostage to subsidies for electric cars?? The Democrats are moving to pass the bill. The Republicans, however, voted against coliture demanding that aid be paid for with cuts to the electric car subsidies. I must have things upside down, because it seems to me that it is the Republicans (all but three) who are want to hold the EMEMGENCY AID BILL hostage to their demand that the electric car subsidies be used to pay for the bill.

Sorry, tristen, but the right-wing spin attempt just doesn't add up to me. I don't see how anyone can argue that it is the Democrats who are "holding hostage" the very aid that they are moving through the Senate. It is the Republicans who are saying "No! No! First it has to be paid for. That's our demand." So tell me, who is trying to block the bill? Who therefore is holding it hostage to an unrelated matter?

Anyway, haven't we already been through this whole GOP song-and-dance about emergency aid having to be "paid for" acccording to pay-go rules? I sadly recall the Republicans insisting that aid to the unemployed had to be "paid for" since massive unemployment isn't, in their benighted view, an emergency. Here we have a huge natural disaster, and the Republicans don't consider even it to be an emergency. I find it shockingly inhumane.

Why is that in the bill shouldn't it be removed?

tristen303

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 14, 2011 3:04 pm

There are people who will have their insurance payments held up due to this. If there is no relief money, the insurance will not pay in full in some cases, because without relief help, their won't be enough to rebuild. It just goes on and on. Meanwhile, who suffers.

Sure remove the electric car subsidies while letting the Big Oil companies alone. More jobs gone. Who is kidding who.Electric Car companies will not support i.e. donate to Republicans.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 14, 2011 3:05 pm

And of course, we will get the jobs bill, if and it's a big if, my Father and your Mother's and Fathers give up their Social Security, Medicare and anyone one Medicaid gets thrown off as well.

How is it no one can see through this.?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 14, 2011 3:12 pm

When I finish the emails for HR589 and the tweets, this is my next cause. These people are insane.

Back to top Go down

Post by tristen303 Wed Sep 14, 2011 3:37 pm

If it were just about helping the victims then why not a clean bill (because it’s not) this is a partisan stunt nice try dems the hypocrisy and double standard is almost laughable if it wasn’t so sad. So it’s the high ground to gain political points by sneaking smoothing in and stalling a disaster aid bill (good leadership)? Only if it’s the lefts idea right. What's more troubling is the fact that such a move isn't as despised as the act of voting against it; the hypocrisy of adding something into an aid bill knowing it will cause issues is no better then voting against it, the facts are out now. As you take up this cause ask your leaders to remove the electric car BS so that the bill gets through....that would be the right thing to do.

tristen303

Back to top Go down

Post by lendmeflight2 Wed Sep 14, 2011 3:59 pm

Tristen is actually correct. It should just be a clean bill.

However, this article is spinning the poo out of what actually happened.

This is my understanding, correct me if I am wrong.
1: The democrats funded a program to build electric cars and put people back to work.

2: The republicans, before the hurricane, passed a FEMA funding bill that is paid for by removing the funding for the job creating electric car program.

3: Hurricane strikes and the only way the republicans will pass it is if they job creating program is sacrificed to pay it.

yet, it's the democrats fault? The democrats are holding aid hostage?

As my good friend 1208 would say, "HUM!".

lendmeflight2
lendmeflight2

Back to top Go down

Post by tristen303 Wed Sep 14, 2011 5:35 pm

Yes your right the Dems should never had put that in the bill by doing so they netted the results they wanted and knew they would get (all for maybe some political gain) your right. It's nice spin though how now it's about jobs, I thought it was a disaster relief bill I'm sure the left wouldn't have had a problem if the Repubs threw some stuff in it in the same manner. Last I heard nobody was buying the volt (the GM’s electric car failure) in fact Sam’s Clubs and Wal-Mart’s were pulling the recharging stations due to such lack of use and no need. So of course make it about jobs and FYI the Fisker plant is higher end cars not cars for the masses. The fault is both parties, Dems for once again proving that they just don't get it and Repubs for once again proving that they will not budge. A pox on both their houses.

tristen303

Back to top Go down

Post by lendmeflight2 Wed Sep 14, 2011 6:54 pm

You are correct. But my point was that the dems didn't have it linked to ANY job creation bill, they just wanted to pass it so the relief effort could continue past the next couple weeks. It's the republicans who added the electric car subsidies because they want to do away with it anyway and this seemed like a good way.
lendmeflight2
lendmeflight2

Back to top Go down

Post by gettheminNOVEMBER Wed Sep 14, 2011 7:12 pm

tristen303 wrote:there is more to the story as always, here's what the right is saying

http://patdollard.com/2011/09/democrats-hold-disaster-relief-hostage-until-republicans-approve-subsidies-for-electric-cars/

Yea because Electric cars are bad for the OIL COMPANIES right. THE SUGAR DADDIES of the RIGHT!

Really Tristen you are against electric cars now? COME ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
gettheminNOVEMBER
gettheminNOVEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 14, 2011 7:27 pm

Tristen, you are justifying behavior that is not justifiable. People and business are hurting, people are out of their homes, living in hotels and insurance companies won't settle until they know what help FEMA will provide. In some cases, home in this area and many others cannot be rebuilt, without FEMA aid, some businesses can't either. Is it fair to once again, hate a black President so much that you will offer up the voters who pay your salaries as sacrificial lambs. Their blatant hatred of this man is so undeniable that they can't see past this hatred. You cannot justify this behavior, things are bad enough, then this. I hope they prove their point. Then what?? Do you honestly think there will be any help for anyone, much less the unemployed. Would you wish this on anyone? It's hell and I wouldn't wish it on people I don't like, I couldn't. If you want to sit and pontificate, great. Justify away. Some of us are working like to dogs to get them to see we didn't cause this, ask for it and after three years are just tired, but not beaten. There is right and there is wrong. In my life, no matter how good my job, how much I made or how angry I was at high taxes, federal spending etc, I would never, ever, stand up and cheer for a man to die because he had no insurance. That's the world these people want for us, do you? I don't, I will fight forever to keep it from happening. I would think every human being would, especially those who call themselves Christians.

Back to top Go down

Post by truth Wed Sep 14, 2011 7:30 pm

tristen,

I'm sorry that I misunderstood. I agree that it should have been a clean bill. I'd like all bills to be clean bills, but that doesn't seem to be the way Congress works. However, in any case, I side with the three Republicans (at least two of whom I highly respect) and the Democrats who voted for it.

truth

Back to top Go down

Post by JoanB Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:59 pm

But still, I liked this:

But Senate Democrats refuse to pass the House bill and Mr. Cantor has earned their ire this week by continuing to press for cuts in corporate welfare.

That was goooooooood.
LMAO
JoanB
JoanB

Back to top Go down

Post by mistermunster Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:18 pm

GOPers ONLY want money for their Banksters, Oil Barrons, and their WAR Machine. Everything else is EXPENDABLE.
mistermunster
mistermunster

Back to top Go down

Post by truth Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:24 pm

Now I'm thoroughly confused. It seems to me that the GOP bill that passed the House had strings attached in the form of cuts to electric cars to "pay for" the aid. Did the Senate bill lack these cuts? If so, I would consider the Senate bill to be a clean bill. So whose bill is the clean bill?

truth

Back to top Go down

Post by Sad American Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:45 pm

MaryKay wrote:Tristen, you are justifying behavior that is not justifiable. People and business are hurting, people are out of their homes, living in hotels and insurance companies won't settle until they know what help FEMA will provide. In some cases, home in this area and many others cannot be rebuilt, without FEMA aid, some businesses can't either. Is it fair to once again, hate a black President so much that you will offer up the voters who pay your salaries as sacrificial lambs. Their blatant hatred of this man is so undeniable that they can't see past this hatred. You cannot justify this behavior, things are bad enough, then this. I hope they prove their point. Then what?? Do you honestly think there will be any help for anyone, much less the unemployed. Would you wish this on anyone? It's hell and I wouldn't wish it on people I don't like, I couldn't. If you want to sit and pontificate, great. Justify away. Some of us are working like to dogs to get them to see we didn't cause this, ask for it and after three years are just tired, but not beaten. There is right and there is wrong. In my life, no matter how good my job, how much I made or how angry I was at high taxes, federal spending etc, I would never, ever, stand up and cheer for a man to die because he had no insurance. That's the world these people want for us, do you? I don't, I will fight forever to keep it from happening. I would think every human being would, especially those who call themselves Christians.
Thank you, Mary Kay. Fanned and Faved!
Sad American
Sad American

Back to top Go down

Post by truth Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:57 pm

I think I have it sorted out now. It is indeed the GOP House bill that has strings atached. The Senate bill appears to have no strings. It's a clean aid bill with no mention of cuts to other programs. Is this correct? If so, I stand by my original post. It is the GOP Senators (except for seven of them it turns out) who are voting against a clean aid bill, an action that can quite reasonablly be called holding the aid hostage to their demands for cuts in electric cars imho.

truth

Back to top Go down

Post by tristen303 Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:33 pm

I'm more confused then ever now, truth so who put the stuff in the bill the GOP or the DEMS? MaryKay I understand your point and agree to a certain extent but I also understand that if every bill that morally should be passed has other add ons placed in it just because of that then that is morally wrong too, further the only way to stop that path way is to close it.

tristen303

Back to top Go down

Post by truth Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:54 pm

The bizarre thing is that it seems that whatever passes is going to be attached to a bill about Burma!!!! I agree that bills should be confined to the matter at hand.

truth

Back to top Go down

Post by tristen303 Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:07 pm

Burma? Well both parties suck they both us this BS and I swear I think they plan this out ahead of time.

tristen303

Back to top Go down

Post by lendmeflight2 Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:17 pm

Is Burma still a country?
lendmeflight2
lendmeflight2

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next