Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
White House Jobs Plan Might Let Businesses Train Unemployed Without Having To Pay Them  - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
White House Jobs Plan Might Let Businesses Train Unemployed Without Having To Pay Them  - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
White House Jobs Plan Might Let Businesses Train Unemployed Without Having To Pay Them  - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
White House Jobs Plan Might Let Businesses Train Unemployed Without Having To Pay Them  - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
White House Jobs Plan Might Let Businesses Train Unemployed Without Having To Pay Them  - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
White House Jobs Plan Might Let Businesses Train Unemployed Without Having To Pay Them  - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
White House Jobs Plan Might Let Businesses Train Unemployed Without Having To Pay Them  - Page 2 EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
White House Jobs Plan Might Let Businesses Train Unemployed Without Having To Pay Them  - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
White House Jobs Plan Might Let Businesses Train Unemployed Without Having To Pay Them  - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
White House Jobs Plan Might Let Businesses Train Unemployed Without Having To Pay Them  - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
White House Jobs Plan Might Let Businesses Train Unemployed Without Having To Pay Them  - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
White House Jobs Plan Might Let Businesses Train Unemployed Without Having To Pay Them  - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
White House Jobs Plan Might Let Businesses Train Unemployed Without Having To Pay Them  - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
White House Jobs Plan Might Let Businesses Train Unemployed Without Having To Pay Them  - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
White House Jobs Plan Might Let Businesses Train Unemployed Without Having To Pay Them  - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

White House Jobs Plan Might Let Businesses Train Unemployed Without Having To Pay Them

+9
CLO
gettheminNOVEMBER
exhaustedandtired/1208
nfpexec
Hunterforjobs
sbraney
WilliamsonAngel
TR11005
Jobless_in_Ma
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

White House Jobs Plan Might Let Businesses Train Unemployed Without Having To Pay Them  - Page 2 Empty White House Jobs Plan Might Let Businesses Train Unemployed Without Having To Pay Them

Post by Guest Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:51 am

First topic message reminder :

As part of a forthcoming jobs package, the Obama administration is considering a program that would let businesses train jobless workers for a short period without having to pay or hire them.

The plan would be modeled on state programs, in particular one called Georgia Works, which allows Georgia businesses to give unemployed workers 24 hours of training per week for two months. Trainees receive a $240 stipend on top of unemployment benefits. The program is voluntary for businesses and workers laid off through no fault of their own and eligible for benefits. Its proponents say it encourages businesses to hire because it limits the risk of spending money to train a worker who might flop.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/08/24/white-house-jobs-plan-unemployed_n_935228.html

Back to top Go down

White House Jobs Plan Might Let Businesses Train Unemployed Without Having To Pay Them  - Page 2 Empty Re: White House Jobs Plan Might Let Businesses Train Unemployed Without Having To Pay Them

Post by sbraney Fri Aug 26, 2011 5:31 pm

exhaustedandtired/1208, why would you vote for Hillary? If it's possible she's worse than the peckerhead she's married to. In all seriousness, what has Hillary done that would warrant a vote? She knows how to lie and deceive the public like her mate - as sec of state, she's probably raked in a fortune for the Clinton Foundation, but as for doing anything that benefits working class citizens - frankly, I think she's revolted by our class. Do you remember the dirty tricks that she pulled on Obama to try and win the election? Those are things Republicans do - I can't remember a democrat using underhanded tactics against a running mate ever - that is never ok.

sbraney

Back to top Go down

White House Jobs Plan Might Let Businesses Train Unemployed Without Having To Pay Them  - Page 2 Empty Re: White House Jobs Plan Might Let Businesses Train Unemployed Without Having To Pay Them

Post by exhaustedandtired/1208 Fri Aug 26, 2011 10:45 pm

You know , you are right didn't know that much! Not much good candidate choices anywhere then!

exhaustedandtired/1208

Back to top Go down

Post by WilliamsonAngel Sat Aug 27, 2011 2:26 am

I recall a comedian once explaining voting in america as being something equivalent to deciding in what matter you want your manhood smashed--in a car door or a waffle iron.

We don't go to the polls to vote for someone we agree of or approve of, we go vote for the guy we think is going to screw us the least.

Given that other democrats can't run against our current democrat in office, and the Republicans are closely linked to the Tea Party, Obama seems to be the only logical choice.

WTB common sense party.
WilliamsonAngel
WilliamsonAngel

http://www.zandrae.com

Back to top Go down

Post by JoanB Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:29 am

I don't disagree with your observations, sbraney, except for the part about someone with real credibility running against him. Who would that be? Alan Grayson? Dennis Kucinich? Russ Feingold? Howard Dean? I'd love to have any one of them for president, but it's not gonna happen. And please, nobody mention Ralph Nader...I wish he would just STFU and go away.

What I wish we could do is create a pseudo-third party on the left like the Tea Party is on the right, i.e. in their case, really Republicans dragging their party farther to the right. I wish we could figure out how to do the equivalent with the Democratic party, and drag it back to the left, even just to where it was 30 years ago. The problem is that the Tea Party was of astroturf, corporate money origin, and I don't know if it's possible for our side to get something going organically. There certainly are people out there trying, like the Coffee Party, for example, but they're never gonna get the media coverage the Tea Party has gotten.

So I dunno what the answer is, beyond watching it get so bad that an all out revolution is inevitable...because if history is any indication, that's what will happen. It's just gonna take a really stinkin' long time.
JoanB
JoanB

Back to top Go down

Post by lendmeflight2 Sat Aug 27, 2011 11:32 am

Hell, I wish we could bring the right wing of the republican back to the left, where it was 30 years ago. the republican party of 50 years ago would make Obama look like a right winger.

The problem that everyone, including me, is having is just the nature of our country. We compromise to the point that no one is happy. We do what does the most good for the most people and some people lose out. This has always been the argument against progressives and liberals.

In the 30's and 40's when they TVA built Wilson dam in Alabama they basically just took land of the farmer's that lived there. They paid them something for it but the farmer's had no choice but to sell their family land and the government flooded it when they built the damn. They told these people that they could get jobs when the auto industry came to Alabama but that never really happened. Most of these people couldn't get jobs anyway but they had never had one before. They never needed one before progress came to Alabama.

However, this act did a lot of good for a lot of people of the south. Most of the south wouldn't have had electricity for decades if it was left to private companies to fund it.

I said all that to say this: We will never be satisfied with any president. It's just the nature of how our system works. If you want one mission and all eyes on that one goal then you need to change the system to where we have a fascist leader like Stalin or Hitler or Mussolinni. Those guys knew how to get $hit done. All you have to do is trade your freedom and your rights for it.

Hillary would have been no better than than Obama. The only difference is that everyone would be complaining about the woman president instead of the black president.
lendmeflight2
lendmeflight2

Back to top Go down

Post by CLO Sat Aug 27, 2011 5:02 pm

JoanB wrote:I don't disagree with your observations, sbraney, except for the part about someone with real credibility running against him. Who would that be? Alan Grayson? Dennis Kucinich? Russ Feingold? Howard Dean? I'd love to have any one of them for president, but it's not gonna happen. And please, nobody mention Ralph Nader...I wish he would just STFU and go away.

What I wish we could do is create a pseudo-third party on the left like the Tea Party is on the right, i.e. in their case, really Republicans dragging their party farther to the right. I wish we could figure out how to do the equivalent with the Democratic party, and drag it back to the left, even just to where it was 30 years ago. The problem is that the Tea Party was of astroturf, corporate money origin, and I don't know if it's possible for our side to get something going organically. There certainly are people out there trying, like the Coffee Party, for example, but they're never gonna get the media coverage the Tea Party has gotten.

So I dunno what the answer is, beyond watching it get so bad that an all out revolution is inevitable...because if history is any indication, that's what will happen. It's just gonna take a really stinkin' long time.

Just one option-

http://www.jobparty.us/about
Check out the blog!

No alternative party will EVER get the media coverage that the Tea party has gotten- 'cause the media is in the back pocket of wealthy corporate America, who is represented by the TP.

CLO

Back to top Go down

Post by lendmeflight2 Sat Aug 27, 2011 7:35 pm

We need really liberal billionaires to fund a left wing looney party.
lendmeflight2
lendmeflight2

Back to top Go down

Post by USA Citizen Sat Aug 27, 2011 9:39 pm

Obama's Work Program is working for 8 million illegal aliens that have taken skilled non-farm labor jobs from American citizens.

Obama Amnesty Begins: Halts Deportations for 300,000 Illegal Aliens; Offers ‘Work Permits’ by John Hill on AUGUST 18, 2011
http://standwitharizona.com/blog/2011/08/18/obama-amnesty-begins-halts-deportations-for-300000-illegal-aliens-offers-work-permits/

Illegal aliens don't have to wait for Obama to create jobs because they have taken them from American citizens who are unemployed, broke, homeless and hungry. Obama's job program will be rejected by the Republicans as usual, so Obama will shrug his shoulders and blame the GOP.

Jan Ting, Temple University - August 27, 2011 12:15 PM

On Aug. 18, President Barack Obama's Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano sent a letter to members of Congress announcing the administration's new immigration policy. The U.S. government will exercise “prosecutorial discretion” to end deportation proceedings against illegal immigrants who do not pose a threat to public safety or national security, which describes the overwhelming majority of illegal immigrants. http://www.alipac.us/

Amnesty for illegal immigrants is a governmental pardon for violating policies related to immigration, yet Obama has given millions of illegal immigrants the right to get work permits. Since Obama couldn't get the Dream Act passed by Congress, he has implemented it himself. Obama refuses to implement any type of jobs policy as was done by FDR during the Great Depression.

In his "first hundred days" in office, which began March 4, 1933, Roosevelt spearheaded major legislation and issued a profusion of executive orders that instituted the New Deal—a variety of programs designed to produce relief (government jobs for the unemployed), recovery (economic growth), and reform (through regulation of Wall Street, banks and transportation).
https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/wiki/Franklin_D._Roosevelt

This is what President Obama should be doing. This should be his "Jobs Program."

Obama is going to let Americans get trained and not get paid?

(CNSNews.com) –Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano said Friday that the Obama administration will push for “immigration reform” by giving the estimated 14 million people who are in the United States illegally “fair pathway to earned legal status.”
http://www.cnsnews.com/node/57133
Napolitano said the Obama administration is working to end the recession and put Americans back to work but said giving legal status to illegal aliens will “strengthen our economy.”

Obama is taking jobs away from American citizens and giving them to illegal aliens.

Obama's job program is for illegal immigrants, not Americans.
USA Citizen
USA Citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by lendmeflight2 Sat Aug 27, 2011 11:12 pm

It's funny that you would post this again. When it was posted the first I made the point that the stand with Arizona blog really misrepresented what actually happened to the pointing lying about it.

They make it sound like he just pardon thousands of immigrants and gave them work permits.

What ACTUALLY happened was that the justice department is giving each deportee his day in court and looking at each case individually.
They can the APPLY for a work permit but will likely be turned down because we only issue so many per year.

My info came from an associated press article, yours cane from a right wing tea party blog. Wonder which one is more accurate?

Although I do realize that facts don't really matter much to the anti-black president group.
lendmeflight2
lendmeflight2

Back to top Go down

Post by USA Citizen Sun Aug 28, 2011 12:08 am

@lendmeflight2
You are right about giving each deportee his day in court and looking at each case individually.
In any case, these illegal aliens are criminals and giving them amnesty is a crime unless you are the President and can make your own laws. There are over 8 million skilled jobs now being done by illegal immigrants that should be deported so that Americans can do that work. You know that Republicans will block any jobs program that Obama comes up with, so what is the use? You keep speaking about race and the fact that Obama is part black, but that is not the issue. Obama's job's program is the issue. Perhaps you haven't had to compete with an illegal alien for a job. You wouldn't get the job if you are an American citizen because the illegal would get paid less, no taxes would be paid, work conditions would be bad, etc. I certainly hope that the Democrats come up with another candidate or a change in policy before the next Presidential election because I am not going to support the betrayer Obama. He promised change, but this is change for the worse. Put America and Americans first and not illegal aliens.

Barack Obama - Amnesty For Illegal Immigrants - Ram It Down Our Throats
http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2766307/posts

Here is another link to a site that promotes amnesty for illegals:
http://www.usamnesty.org/
"The proposed immigration amnesty would benefit the 12 to 20 million undocumented aliens (illegal immigrants) currently living in the United States."

Race is an issue because black people have a higher unemployment rate. Continuing to blame Obama's race instead of his incompetence for the unemployment crisis is not going to bring jobs to unemployed Americans. At this point Obama would have to give the deed to the Washington Monument to the Tea Party in order to get a jobs program through Congress.
USA Citizen
USA Citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by JoanB Sun Aug 28, 2011 10:39 am

You posted a link to the Free Republic to back up your "facts"?

LMAO

Maybe you're truly well-meaning, but you have to do better than that. They're the people who inspired the verb "freep" as in "freeping" an oline poll to skew the results.
JoanB
JoanB

Back to top Go down

Post by CLO Sun Aug 28, 2011 10:49 am

I looked at your freerepublic tp blog- one question- how does an illegal immigrant serve in the U.S. military? Enlighten me, please.

CLO

Back to top Go down

Post by JoanB Sun Aug 28, 2011 10:49 am

Race is an issue because black people have a higher unemployment rate. Continuing to blame Obama's race instead of his incompetence for the unemployment crisis is not going to bring jobs to unemployed Americans. At this point Obama would have to give the deed to the Washington Monument to the Tea Party in order to get a jobs program through Congress.

And I'm still trying to make sense of this paragraph...If the Tea Party weren't so mad at him, then black people might be able to get jobs, or, if we quit blaming race for Obama's incompetence, then he wouldn't have to give the Washington Monument to the Tea Party (oh, wait, I heard Pat Roberson saying something about the cracks in the monument from the earthquake being someone's fault--does that figure into this?), or...can you help me with this please?
JoanB
JoanB

Back to top Go down

Post by WilliamsonAngel Sun Aug 28, 2011 1:34 pm

USA Citizen wrote:Race is an issue because black people have a higher unemployment rate. Continuing to blame Obama's race instead of his incompetence for the unemployment crisis is not going to bring jobs to unemployed Americans. At this point Obama would have to give the deed to the Washington Monument to the Tea Party in order to get a jobs program through Congress.

Insert image of Captain Picard facepalming here. That is all.
WilliamsonAngel
WilliamsonAngel

Back to top Go down

Post by USA Citizen Sun Aug 28, 2011 5:23 pm

Here is Captain Picard facepalming in disbelief about everything that Obama says:
http://knowyourmeme.com/system/icons/554/original/facepalm.jpg?1248715065

The Tea Party probably wants the deed to the White House since the Washington monument is cracked from Obama's earthquake, which may not have actually been his fault. Obama is sure to compromise and give up the West Wing or maybe just the organic garden to start with.
USA Citizen
USA Citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by tristen303 Mon Aug 29, 2011 12:09 am

lendmeflight2 wrote:It's funny that you would post this again. When it was posted the first I made the point that the stand with Arizona blog really misrepresented what actually happened to the pointing lying about it.

They make it sound like he just pardon thousands of immigrants and gave them work permits.

What ACTUALLY happened was that the justice department is giving each deportee his day in court and looking at each case individually.
They can the APPLY for a work permit but will likely be turned down because we only issue so many per year.

My info came from an associated press article, yours cane from a right wing tea party blog. Wonder which one is more accurate?

Although I do realize that facts don't really matter much to the anti-black president group.

As the resident Repub let me add that he is giving his day in court to actively serving members of the military’s families ( giving them the ability to stay in the country and I think they've earned it) and children of illegal immigrants that grew up in the states (they've been here long enough that they know nothing of Mexico). I as a conserv find this fair and further what is even more puzzling to me is how most in my party are so against immigration reform as it is streamlining a bureaucratic inefficient maze..

tristen303

Back to top Go down

Post by exhaustedandtired/1208 Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:33 am

My question lendme is How do you know who is lying and who is telling the truth! That is if you assume only repubs. tell lies and dems. are nothing but honest and truthful as many on here lead us to believe?????
But hello! Reality check!

exhaustedandtired/1208

Back to top Go down

Post by lendmeflight2 Mon Aug 29, 2011 1:54 pm

Funny that you would bring up reality.

Well, this is how I judge what to believe.

The associated press is a reputable news organization that has been around for over 150 years.

The "stand with Arizona" blog is a blog, which is opinion and not news, and has a 100% history of being a tea party/right wing/ anti-Obama mouth piece.

Can you honestly say, with a straight face, that these two are the same? If you can then there is no wonder our country is in the shape it's in if this is how people "choose" their truth.
lendmeflight2
lendmeflight2

Back to top Go down

Post by WilliamsonAngel Mon Aug 29, 2011 3:05 pm

Even with reputable news sources, news services have, in the past, engaged in Yellow Journalism. If we don't learn from the mistakes of the past, we may repeat them.
WilliamsonAngel
WilliamsonAngel

Back to top Go down

Post by JoanB Tue Aug 30, 2011 12:00 am

WilliamsonAngel wrote:Even with reputable news sources, news services have, in the past, engaged in Yellow Journalism. If we don't learn from the mistakes of the past, we may repeat them.

I don't think that anyone here will dispute that, but it still does not undermine lendme's statement.
JoanB
JoanB

Back to top Go down

Post by lendmeflight2 Tue Aug 30, 2011 12:49 am

Thanks Joan.

At the risk of sounding egotistical, although that's never stopped me before, I have to stand by the veracity of my statement.

I would trust a story from the AP over a right wing, or left wing for matter, blog any day. The same as I would trust an AP article over something that Nancy Grace or the no spin zone guy (can't recall his name) would say on their shows. I also wouldn't relate something from the Bill Mahr show either.

Trust me, taking news from blogs is definitely a mistake we don't want to repeat. This is the reason we think Obama was born in Kenya.
lendmeflight2
lendmeflight2

Back to top Go down

Post by JoanB Tue Aug 30, 2011 1:14 am

Agreed.
JoanB
JoanB

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2