Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
The GOP will raise taxes — on the middle class and working poor EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
The GOP will raise taxes — on the middle class and working poor EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
The GOP will raise taxes — on the middle class and working poor EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
The GOP will raise taxes — on the middle class and working poor EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
The GOP will raise taxes — on the middle class and working poor EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
The GOP will raise taxes — on the middle class and working poor EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
The GOP will raise taxes — on the middle class and working poor EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
The GOP will raise taxes — on the middle class and working poor EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
The GOP will raise taxes — on the middle class and working poor EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
The GOP will raise taxes — on the middle class and working poor EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
The GOP will raise taxes — on the middle class and working poor EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
The GOP will raise taxes — on the middle class and working poor EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
The GOP will raise taxes — on the middle class and working poor EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
The GOP will raise taxes — on the middle class and working poor EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
The GOP will raise taxes — on the middle class and working poor EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
September 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

The GOP will raise taxes — on the middle class and working poor

+4
exhaustedandtired/1208
JoanB
ranbrow123
gettheminNOVEMBER
8 posters

Go down

The GOP will raise taxes — on the middle class and working poor Empty The GOP will raise taxes — on the middle class and working poor

Post by gettheminNOVEMBER Wed Aug 24, 2011 4:09 pm

America’s presumably anti-tax party wants to raise your taxes. Come January, the Republicans plan to raise the taxes of anyone who earns $50,000 a year by $1,000, and anyone who makes $100,000 by $2,000.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/the-gop-will-raise-taxes--on-the-middle-class-and-working-poor/2011/08/23/gIQAEDJuZJ_story.html

The GOP really does not give a crap about what the middle class thinks and they still vote for them. scratch scratch scratch The GOP will raise taxes — on the middle class and working poor 619286 The GOP will raise taxes — on the middle class and working poor 619286 The GOP will raise taxes — on the middle class and working poor 619286

What happened to not raising taxes during a recession? The GOP will raise taxes — on the middle class and working poor 482574
gettheminNOVEMBER
gettheminNOVEMBER

Back to top Go down

The GOP will raise taxes — on the middle class and working poor Empty Re: The GOP will raise taxes — on the middle class and working poor

Post by ranbrow123 Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:46 pm

gettheminNOVEMBER wrote:What happened to not raising taxes during a recession? The GOP will raise taxes — on the middle class and working poor 482574

That only counts if you're a campaign contributor, obviously.

ranbrow123

Back to top Go down

The GOP will raise taxes — on the middle class and working poor Empty Re: The GOP will raise taxes — on the middle class and working poor

Post by JoanB Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:22 pm

I dunno, am I the only one who's a little nervous about this particular tax cut? Why does it have to be taken out of the money that goes into Social Security? Why can't it be taken out of the money that goes into blowing crap up and killing people, for example? Social Security is not going broke, despite what they keep saying, but if they keep having this payroll tax cut, then who knows?

Just askin'
JoanB
JoanB

Back to top Go down

Post by exhaustedandtired/1208 Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:39 pm

ranbrow123 wrote:
gettheminNOVEMBER wrote:What happened to not raising taxes during a recession? The GOP will raise taxes — on the middle class and working poor 482574

Isn't that what Obama wanted?

exhaustedandtired/1208

Back to top Go down

Post by lendmeflight2 Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:36 pm

Obama wanted to raise taxes and they should be raised now. They really should go up in all income levels to be honest.
lendmeflight2
lendmeflight2

Back to top Go down

Post by Gail Thu Aug 25, 2011 4:29 am

lendmeflight2 wrote:Obama wanted to raise taxes and they should be raised now. They really should go up in all income levels to be honest.

If the Republicans follow thier usual path, I predict they will agree to some sort of small tax increase on the wealthy but expand the current loop holes they enjoy in order to keep what they actually pay approximately the same, or less.
I also predict they will, at the same time, eliminate some of the current deductions for the middle class and the poor, thus causing the taxes they actually pay, to increase.
That way they can say that they did NOT Raise taxes on the middle class and the poor. Their taxes would simply increase by default. They are very good at being sneaky.
Gail
Gail

Back to top Go down

Post by ranbrow123 Thu Aug 25, 2011 5:10 am

exhaustedandtired/1208 wrote:
ranbrow123 wrote:

I hope you realize that politics in America is about picking which side you think sucks less and voting that way. Looking at it in that light, do you see how redundant (in more than one way) it is to keep saying Obama sucks? Yeah, I mean, I guess you have said several times that they all suck, I'll give you that. But you seem to really have it out for Obama, when in fact Obama is just one of many crappy players in this game.

While I'm on the subject: Why is everything Obama with you? Yeah, okay, Obama is a complete wimp and is sucking pretty hard right now. Tell me something I don't know. Please, rub it in that the guy I voted for is failing so much because the republicans are holding his re-election hostage and he is too much of a coward to say "screw re-election, something must be done now." Please, rub it in that the ONLY thing he ever said that about was in regards to the short-term debt deal that the republicans wanted, and almost assuredly because he didn't want to have to re-discuss the debt before re-election. Do you think I and lots of others don't know that that is what Obama cares about most?

Please, keep rubbing it in. It doesn't matter, because I'm going to vote democrat every time. Why? Because I still think democrats suck less.

ranbrow123

Back to top Go down

Post by WilliamsonAngel Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:26 pm

Why are people always hating on Obama instead of realizing that he can't do anything because of the republican majority in the house?
WilliamsonAngel
WilliamsonAngel

http://www.zandrae.com

Back to top Go down

Post by sbraney Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:37 pm

Why are people always hating on Obama instead of realizing that he can't do anything because of the republican majority in the house?
BECAUSE HE COULD HAVE DONE SOMETHING WHEN HE HAD MAJORITIES IN BOTH HOUSES, BUT CHOSE INSTEAD TO PASS LEGISLATION THAT GAVE HIMSELF AND THE OTHER ELITES EVEN MORE TAXCUTS, AND WILL SOON PASS MORE NEOLIBERAL TRADE AGREEMENTS WHICH SHOULD ELIMINATE THE MIDDLE CLASS COMPLETELY. QUIT MAKING EXCUSES FOR THESE DINOS - OBAMA KNEW EXACTLY WHERE THE PROBLEMS WERE - HIS CAMPAIGN SPEECHES WERE CLEAR AS A BELL, BUT INSTEAD OF DOING WHAT HE PROMISED, HE CHOSE TO APPEASE HIS WALL STREET HANDLERS, AND HAS BEEN A COMPLETE TRAITOR TO THE WORKING CLASS. HE CHOSE DECEPTION JUST LIKE THE CLINTON ADMINISTRATION...

sbraney

Back to top Go down

Post by WilliamsonAngel Thu Aug 25, 2011 3:50 pm

Capslocks are cruise control for cool. But remember, even with cruise control you still have to steer.

I think in the first two years of his presidency, Obama was trying desperately to undo the damage that Bush did.
WilliamsonAngel
WilliamsonAngel

http://www.zandrae.com

Back to top Go down

Post by exhaustedandtired/1208 Thu Aug 25, 2011 3:58 pm

sbraney wrote:
BECAUSE HE COULD HAVE DONE SOMETHING WHEN HE HAD MAJORITIES IN BOTH HOUSES, BUT CHOSE INSTEAD TO PASS LEGISLATION THAT GAVE HIMSELF AND THE OTHER ELITES EVEN MORE TAXCUTS, AND WILL SOON PASS MORE NEOLIBERAL TRADE AGREEMENTS WHICH SHOULD ELIMINATE THE MIDDLE CLASS COMPLETELY. QUIT MAKING EXCUSES FOR THESE DINOS - OBAMA KNEW EXACTLY WHERE THE PROBLEMS WERE - HIS CAMPAIGN SPEECHES WERE CLEAR AS A BELL, BUT INSTEAD OF DOING WHAT HE PROMISED, HE CHOSE TO APPEASE HIS WALL STREET HANDLERS, AND HAS BEEN A COMPLETE TRAITOR TO THE WORKING CLASS. HE CHOSE DECEPTION JUST LIKE THE CLINTON ADMINISTRATION...

Well said! Anything he does from this point is for his self serving interest! he'll make big sounding speeches to get an ovation but he will not follow through agan! He has no long term constructive plan!

exhaustedandtired/1208

Back to top Go down

Post by gettheminNOVEMBER Thu Aug 25, 2011 4:21 pm

exhaustedandtired/1208 wrote:
ranbrow123 wrote:

Funny how you turn everything into blame Obama. Suspect I was mocking them. Razz
By the way its not raising taxes, its getting rid of tax breaks.

Last edited by gettheminNOVEMBER on Thu Aug 25, 2011 4:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
gettheminNOVEMBER
gettheminNOVEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post by gettheminNOVEMBER Thu Aug 25, 2011 4:23 pm

sbraney wrote:

Dems NEVER had the 2/3 majority to pass what they wanted as we saw with the unemployment extensions and the 120 fillibusters the GOP pulled. I don't know what you are talking about. Since the GOTP won't compromise don't expect a jobs bill to pass. There are hints of a second stim? I do agree the healthcare was a bad first step. Jobs should have been first
gettheminNOVEMBER
gettheminNOVEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down