Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
Koch Responds To Buffet: ‘My Business And Non-Profit Investments Are Much More Beneficial To Society’ EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
Koch Responds To Buffet: ‘My Business And Non-Profit Investments Are Much More Beneficial To Society’ EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
Koch Responds To Buffet: ‘My Business And Non-Profit Investments Are Much More Beneficial To Society’ EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
Koch Responds To Buffet: ‘My Business And Non-Profit Investments Are Much More Beneficial To Society’ EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
Koch Responds To Buffet: ‘My Business And Non-Profit Investments Are Much More Beneficial To Society’ EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
Koch Responds To Buffet: ‘My Business And Non-Profit Investments Are Much More Beneficial To Society’ EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
Koch Responds To Buffet: ‘My Business And Non-Profit Investments Are Much More Beneficial To Society’ EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
Koch Responds To Buffet: ‘My Business And Non-Profit Investments Are Much More Beneficial To Society’ EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
Koch Responds To Buffet: ‘My Business And Non-Profit Investments Are Much More Beneficial To Society’ EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
Koch Responds To Buffet: ‘My Business And Non-Profit Investments Are Much More Beneficial To Society’ EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
Koch Responds To Buffet: ‘My Business And Non-Profit Investments Are Much More Beneficial To Society’ EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
Koch Responds To Buffet: ‘My Business And Non-Profit Investments Are Much More Beneficial To Society’ EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
Koch Responds To Buffet: ‘My Business And Non-Profit Investments Are Much More Beneficial To Society’ EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
Koch Responds To Buffet: ‘My Business And Non-Profit Investments Are Much More Beneficial To Society’ EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
Koch Responds To Buffet: ‘My Business And Non-Profit Investments Are Much More Beneficial To Society’ EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Koch Responds To Buffet: ‘My Business And Non-Profit Investments Are Much More Beneficial To Society’

+5
JoanB
tristen303
TOO OLD TO HIRE IN PA
TR11005
sbraney
9 posters

Go down

Koch Responds To Buffet: ‘My Business And Non-Profit Investments Are Much More Beneficial To Society’ Empty Koch Responds To Buffet: ‘My Business And Non-Profit Investments Are Much More Beneficial To Society’

Post by Guest Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:46 am

Charles Koch, head of the massive petrochemical, manufacturing, and commodity speculating Koch Industries corporation, has responded to Warren’s call for shared sacrifice: “No Thanks.” In a statement to right-wing media, Koch states:

"Much of what the government spends money on does more harm than good; this is particularly true over the past several years with the massive uncontrolled increase in government spending. I believe my business and non-profit investments are much more beneficial to societal well-being than sending more money to Washington."
http://thinkprogress.org/politics/2011/08/20/300236/koch-vs-buffett/

Back to top Go down

Koch Responds To Buffet: ‘My Business And Non-Profit Investments Are Much More Beneficial To Society’ Empty Re: Koch Responds To Buffet: ‘My Business And Non-Profit Investments Are Much More Beneficial To Society’

Post by sbraney Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:53 am

This is a typical Libertarian remark. Their goddess is Ayn Rand and one of the bluebooks for their selfish philosophy is Atlas Shrugged which I read when I was a teenager. Even then I recognized her psychosis. Greenspan, the fraudster, adored her too - as we can see. While I believe in self-reliance, there's something to be said for cooperation as well, and most of these thugs have had more than a leg up. As they continue to spew the "I worked hard and deserve to keep what I earned," gag most refuse to recognize that there are many things that they take for granted which everyone should contribute to, because there's an overall benefit to society. They don't want to participate, yet they've had the greatest advantages from this used to be great nation. Fascists like the Koch brothers, Bush crime family and Walton boys, who inherited their wealth, had very sweet upbringings including the very best that money can buy, and have become nothing but greedy parasites whose only focus seems to be "more" without any regard or responsibility for what's left in their wake. There's no doubt that Washington wastes tons of money, many scam and take advantage of programs, etc., but look who continually works to diminish oversight which virtually guarantees further onslaught of graft, corruption and fraud.

"Happiness is not attained through self-gratification, but through dedication to a worthy purpose." Helen Keller

sbraney

Back to top Go down

Koch Responds To Buffet: ‘My Business And Non-Profit Investments Are Much More Beneficial To Society’ Empty Re: Koch Responds To Buffet: ‘My Business And Non-Profit Investments Are Much More Beneficial To Society’

Post by TR11005 Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:35 am

Without us buying their products or services they would be nothing or reduced. How many of you stopped buying at WALMARTS. Many have and it is beginning to take its toll.

Your never too big to fail. We should have left banks go under. We might have been better off in the long run.

TR11005

Back to top Go down

Post by TOO OLD TO HIRE IN PA Mon Aug 22, 2011 12:59 pm

It's amazing how these dirtbag Koch (Oh and by the way, I pronounce it "C*ck") brothers are more powerful than the President and Congress. Our country is really in big trouble!

TOO OLD TO HIRE IN PA

Back to top Go down

Post by tristen303 Mon Aug 22, 2011 1:19 pm

Buffet needs to learn math or at the very least not merge different subjects together. He gives good speeches though. “But for those making more than $1 million there were 236,883 such households in 2009 I would raise rates immediately on taxable income in excess of $1 million, including, of course, dividends and capital gains. And for those who make $10 million or more there were 8,274 in 2009 I would suggest an additional increase in rate,” Buffett wrote. First off he pays no tax because of the way he pays himself (funny how if it’s so wrong he just doesn’t file like every other person he used as an example or how most millionaires do) his whole argument is so flawed using his example it’s sad.
“My friends and I have been coddled long enough by a billionaire-friendly Congress,” wrote Buffett.
Here’s the reality of the mess were in: even if we’d tax millionaires at say 50 percent and reduced all loopholes and other junk we would only be able to put an 8 percent dent in the deficit and our overall debt would be reduced by 1 percent.
So to be clear taking half of all income earned from people earning1 mill to 9 mill only solves our problem by a percent. To further that if we were really serious we would have to take every penny from those earning 200k to the uber wealthy to put our house in order. Now he talks about shared sacrifice but yet 46 percent of households pay no tax. So rap on rap on brother the problem is much bigger then tax the rich and now pointing fingers on how people made their money. Ah the left.....success just can’t be good enough without blame, drama, and guilt for good measure, and the right always trying to get and keep more.

tristen303

Back to top Go down

Post by TOO OLD TO HIRE IN PA Mon Aug 22, 2011 1:45 pm

Reading this article will give you a better understanding of why 46% pay no tax. You can't get blood out of stone! People making lower incomes need money to live on!

http://www.taxcreditsforworkingfamilies.org/2011/08/americans-don%E2%80%99t-pay-federal-income-tax-2/

TOO OLD TO HIRE IN PA

Back to top Go down

Post by JoanB Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:57 pm

Good link too old, and just to make sure that people who don't look at it understand, the statement that 46% pay no taxes is bull. They still pay other taxes, and as a proportion of their income, at much higher rates than the rich.

And perhaps if you raised the income tax of the super-rich, it wouldn't make that much difference, but that's because most of their "income" is taxed as capital gains, which is taxed at about 17% as opposed to the rates that we pay on our incomes (when we're lucky enough to have incomes)
JoanB
JoanB

Back to top Go down

Post by TOO OLD TO HIRE IN PA Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:12 pm

JoanB wrote:Good link too old, and just to make sure that people who don't look at it understand, the statement that 46% pay no taxes is bull. They still pay other taxes, and as a proportion of their income, at much higher rates than the rich.

And perhaps if you raised the income tax of the super-rich, it wouldn't make that much difference, but that's because most of their "income" is taxed as capital gains, which is taxed at about 17% as opposed to the rates that we pay on our incomes (when we're lucky enough to have incomes)

Thank you Joan. You are absolutely right. The super rich also know how to "hide" their money from taxes. What really gets me is that the people who criticize unemployment insurance fail to understand that we pay Federal taxes on it.

TOO OLD TO HIRE IN PA

Back to top Go down

Post by mistermunster Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:36 pm

BURN THE Koch BROTHERS, BURN THEM AT THE STAKE!!!!!!! LIBERTY FROM THE TYRANNY OF THE RICH!!!!BLeep
mistermunster
mistermunster

Back to top Go down

Post by JoanB Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:56 pm

TOO OLD TO HIRE IN PA wrote:
Thank you Joan. You are absolutely right. The super rich also know how to "hide" their money from taxes. What really gets me is that the people who criticize unemployment insurance fail to understand that we pay Federal taxes on it.

That's right, and I assume that if you're too old, you're old enough like me to remember who's idea that was: St. Ronald Reagan, the same guy who thought it would be a good idea to tax waitress' tips.

Koch Responds To Buffet: ‘My Business And Non-Profit Investments Are Much More Beneficial To Society’ Angry10
JoanB
JoanB

Back to top Go down

Post by JoanB Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:58 pm

Hey mistermunster, do you not like the Koch brothers?

Wink
JoanB
JoanB

Back to top Go down

Post by elvis44102 Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:04 am

No matter how poor we are we ALL pay local taxes...
elvis44102
elvis44102

Back to top Go down

Post by ranbrow123 Tue Aug 23, 2011 6:29 am

sbraney wrote: They don't want to participate, yet they've had the greatest advantages from this used to be great nation.

I thought it was common knowledge that government is only good when it's cutting taxes for the rich.

ranbrow123

Back to top Go down

Post by mistermunster Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:57 pm

JoanB wrote:Hey mistermunster, do you not like the Koch brothers?

Wink

Only now do I realize WHAT the term Capitalist PIG really means.
mistermunster
mistermunster

Back to top Go down

Post by gettheminNOVEMBER Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:12 pm

TOO OLD TO HIRE IN PA wrote:It's amazing how these dirtbag Koch (Oh and by the way, I pronounce it "C*ck") brothers are more powerful than the President and Congress. Our country is really in big trouble!

I wrote this blog on the Kochs. I am not the best writer but I wanted to get some truth out there.

http://politicsnow.hubpages.com/hub/So-much-for-SHARED-SACRIFICE-How-the-rich-get-richer_99ers_unemployed_politics
gettheminNOVEMBER
gettheminNOVEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post by JoanB Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:43 pm

Great job, gethem! Ya done us proud!
JoanB
JoanB

Back to top Go down

Post by gettheminNOVEMBER Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:49 pm

JoanB wrote:Great job, gethem! Ya done us proud!

Thanks, its the next best thing to putting a bullet behind their ears. Twisted Evil
gettheminNOVEMBER
gettheminNOVEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post by TOO OLD TO HIRE IN PA Tue Aug 23, 2011 11:21 pm

gettheminNOVEMBER wrote:
TOO OLD TO HIRE IN PA wrote:It's amazing how these dirtbag Koch (Oh and by the way, I pronounce it "C*ck") brothers are more powerful than the President and Congress. Our country is really in big trouble!

I wrote this blog on the Kochs. I am not the best writer but I wanted to get some truth out there.

http://politicsnow.hubpages.com/hub/So-much-for-SHARED-SACRIFICE-How-the-rich-get-richer_99ers_unemployed_politics

Great job GETTHEM!

TOO OLD TO HIRE IN PA

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down