Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
unemployed out of benefits and applying for SSDI EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
unemployed out of benefits and applying for SSDI EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
unemployed out of benefits and applying for SSDI EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
unemployed out of benefits and applying for SSDI EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
unemployed out of benefits and applying for SSDI EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
unemployed out of benefits and applying for SSDI EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
unemployed out of benefits and applying for SSDI EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
unemployed out of benefits and applying for SSDI EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
unemployed out of benefits and applying for SSDI EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
unemployed out of benefits and applying for SSDI EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
unemployed out of benefits and applying for SSDI EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
unemployed out of benefits and applying for SSDI EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
unemployed out of benefits and applying for SSDI EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
unemployed out of benefits and applying for SSDI EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
unemployed out of benefits and applying for SSDI EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
March 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

unemployed out of benefits and applying for SSDI

3 posters

Go down

unemployed out of benefits and applying for SSDI Empty unemployed out of benefits and applying for SSDI

Post by exhaustedandtired/1208 Mon Aug 22, 2011 2:07 am

I was talking to a social worker handling SSDI claims and she said if a extension is passed that those who applied for SSDI cannot apply for unemployment extensions. First it would ask if you are fully able to work and if one applied for SSDI they are saying they can't work. Also If one applies for an extension IF one is ever passed that now SS and unemployment and IRS data is exchanged and they would know if one applied for SSDI and turn them down for extensions. So be ware if you are one who applied for SSDI and are looking for an extension. But this is just her opinion and I am just commenting unless someone knows differently! But its going to make it very difficult on someone who applies for an extension and SSDI! Also now that millions have applied for disability there is a 95% turn down rate for first and second time, then if you appeal it you go before a judge on the third time and now its even 75 to 80% turn downs on an appeal!Hum!!!

exhaustedandtired/1208

Back to top Go down

unemployed out of benefits and applying for SSDI Empty Re: unemployed out of benefits and applying for SSDI

Post by Guest Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:17 am

If you are applying for Social Security Disability benefits, you shouldn't be eligible for unemployment. Unemployment Insurance is for individuals who are willing and able to work, but lost their jobs through no fault of their own. When you apply for SSDI, and you sign those forms, you are legally stating that you are unable to perform any type of work due to a disability.

Back to top Go down

unemployed out of benefits and applying for SSDI Empty Re: unemployed out of benefits and applying for SSDI

Post by exhaustedandtired/1208 Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:45 am

I agree with you but my concern is there may be hugh numbers that have hurt themselves because they took a shot in the dark for SSDI and little chance of getting approved also how the SSDI has cracked down and toughened standards for disability and now a person who applied for SSDi ruined their chance of getting extensions because the information is interchanged. Meaning if they apply for extensions the records will show thy applied for SSDI and they will be denied UE benefits! Also if they fill out an application for employment they sometimes ask have you ever applied for disability and if one is honest and says yes, there goes their chance for a possible job! Delima! I with my heart condition (diastolic heart failure) and atrial fibrulation and also damaged nerves in my lower back that if I sit my lower back hurts and goes numb but if I stand my nerve damage sends sharp pains down my legs as I also have right leg muscle damage in my right leg due to the nerve damage in my back. Also I have surgery in both knees and I cannot stand or climb because of the knee pain. None of what I am saying is hyped up or mentioned for sympathy but true. But know what??? I am betting I am going to get flat turned down for SSDI! So I am not having any hope of getting approved for SSDI and I will appeal all the way to the judges hearing. But hello! I am no longer eligible for UE and also damn sure will not even get hired if I did get an interview.. Too old and too many health issues. Damed if you do and amed if you don't! Huh! But I hope for all in need that an extension is brought up when Obama returns from vacation or at least in his speech in Sept. But I think his Sept. speech is a lot of hype and will also once agan be an empty bucket... His usual pattern!

exhaustedandtired/1208

Back to top Go down

Post by TR11005 Mon Aug 22, 2011 12:01 pm

It is true if you apply for early SS that you can collect both UI and SS. Each benefit you worked for. However with SSDI, you claim that your physically and mentally unfit to work. The same with UI.

It is a shame how we treat the disabled and older workers these days.

TR11005

Back to top Go down

Post by TOO OLD TO HIRE IN PA Mon Aug 22, 2011 12:38 pm

exhaustedandtired/1208 wrote:I agree with you but my concern is there may be hugh numbers that have hurt themselves because they took a shot in the dark for SSDI and little chance of getting approved also how the SSDI has cracked down and toughened standards for disability and now a person who applied for SSDi ruined their chance of getting extensions because the information is interchanged. Meaning if they apply for extensions the records will show thy applied for SSDI and they will be denied UE benefits! Also if they fill out an application for employment they sometimes ask have you ever applied for disability and if one is honest and says yes, there goes their chance for a possible job! Delima! I with my heart condition (diastolic heart failure) and atrial fibrulation and also damaged nerves in my lower back that if I sit my lower back hurts and goes numb but if I stand my nerve damage sends sharp pains down my legs as I also have right leg muscle damage in my right leg due to the nerve damage in my back. Also I have surgery in both knees and I cannot stand or climb because of the knee pain. None of what I am saying is hyped up or mentioned for sympathy but true. But know what??? I am betting I am going to get flat turned down for SSDI! So I am not having any hope of getting approved for SSDI and I will appeal all the way to the judges hearing. But hello! I am no longer eligible for UE and also damn sure will not even get hired if I did get an interview.. Too old and too many health issues. Damed if you do and amed if you don't! Huh! But I hope for all in need that an extension is brought up when Obama returns from vacation or at least in his speech in Sept. But I think his Sept. speech is a lot of hype and will also once agan be an empty bucket... His usual pattern!

I am not an expert on Social Security, but I see that you are 63. You can collect early SS benefits but not Medicare. So I am assuming that you are applying for SSDI so you would get the benefits as if you were 66. What angers me is that SSDI would make you hang on for 3 more years when you have so many health issues. People are always telling me that if you are over 55 is is easy to get SSDI. Bullchit! I have a friend who has all your health issues, plus RA and Spinal Stenosis. She is constantly in pain and her meds are not helping much. It took her 6 years to finally get SSDI. That really pissed me off. I have known people who got SSDI just for having a heart condition. These people could have worked at non strenuous jobs. Funny, they say that exercise is actually good for heart patients. You have so much going against you with your health. It is not fair.

TOO OLD TO HIRE IN PA

Back to top Go down

Post by exhaustedandtired/1208 Mon Aug 22, 2011 2:01 pm

NO! I am not applying so I can get my age 66 benefits whatsoever!!! I am applying because I want to take a job that was in my skill area and MAYBE I had small hope I might with my years in selling skills could possible land a job and IF I made a good salary better than social security I would suspend my social security (thats one) also I am desperate to suppliment my income even with Social security I could make 1138/mo before I would be penalized and I cannot apply or even take a job because my health is too bad! As I said I can't stand for long periods and I also can't sit because of the damaged nerve in my lower back that is confirmed by an EMG per VA records. Also as I mentioned my heart if I walk any distance I get out of breath and my heart skips(BTW, My cardiologist suggest minor heart surgery if I was willing ) to hopefully cause my heart to beat a little better and If that didn't work then a pace maker is next! Also I have neuropathy in both my hands as well as diabetes's that is not controlled with current medicines and Dr. is going to change to a stronger medicine! So all of these are honest factors that keep me from being able to work! None the less, I know I am going to get denied! The vA wants me to get into a cardiac rehab. and I cannot afford to drive from indiana to louisville twice a week that would cost 20.00/week if I go for 12 weeks. This is so terrible and at a time when our country is so insolvent and messed up! sad day in America and the leaders are lolly golly and as long as they are rich and padded we are not a priority! As I said over a year ago, the unemployed of old used to be feared and respected at election time but now we are in a low class and they're attitude is sorry bout that, let them sink or swim. they are old news and no use trying to help them! We are the new third class counry!! That is the truth!! It is both sides also!!! Sad day!!!

exhaustedandtired/1208

Back to top Go down

Post by exhaustedandtired/1208 Mon Aug 22, 2011 2:01 pm

NO! I am not applying so I can get my age 66 benefits whatsoever!!! I am applying because I want to take a job that was in my skill area and MAYBE I had small hope I might with my years in selling skills could possible land a job and IF I made a good salary better than social security I would suspend my social security (thats one) also I am desperate to suppliment my income even with Social security I could make 1138/mo before I would be penalized and I cannot apply or even take a job because my health is too bad! As I said I can't stand for long periods and I also can't sit because of the damaged nerve in my lower back that is confirmed by an EMG per VA records. Also as I mentioned my heart if I walk any distance I get out of breath and my heart skips(BTW, My cardiologist suggest minor heart surgery if I was willing ) to hopefully cause my heart to beat a little better and If that didn't work then a pace maker is next! Also I have neuropathy in both my hands as well as diabetes's that is not controlled with current medicines and Dr. is going to change to a stronger medicine! So all of these are honest factors that keep me from being able to work! None the less, I know I am going to get denied! The vA wants me to get into a cardiac rehab. and I cannot afford to drive from indiana to louisville twice a week that would cost 20.00/week if I go for 12 weeks. This is so terrible and at a time when our country is so insolvent and messed up! sad day in America and the leaders are lolly golly and as long as they are rich and padded we are not a priority! As I said over a year ago, the unemployed of old used to be feared and respected at election time but now we are in a low class and they're attitude is sorry bout that, let them sink or swim. they are old news and no use trying to help them! We are the new third class counry!! That is the truth!! It is both sides also!!! Sad day!!!

exhaustedandtired/1208

Back to top Go down

Post by TOO OLD TO HIRE IN PA Mon Aug 22, 2011 2:19 pm

@1208
So sorry to have upset you. I did not mean to imply that getting your full benefits now would be like mooching off the government. If it came out that way I am sorry. You want to work to supplement your benefits and most of us will have to do that when we collect SS, unless you are rolling in dough LOL. You have the right attitude that you would rather make a decent salary than live off SS. But with all your health problems, you are one of those people who truly deserve to get all your benefits NOW!

TOO OLD TO HIRE IN PA

Back to top Go down

Post by exhaustedandtired/1208 Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:57 pm

No No! I didn't take offense but was making apoint! I am between a rock and hard place! Health too bad to work but yet too bad to find a job meaning no one will hire me with my issues! And 95% chance they are going to turn me down!

exhaustedandtired/1208

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down